Hanzo is the worst DPS, not for the reason you think.

Competitive Discussion
Hanzo is pretty terrible. We can all agree on that. After playing him for a while I can say he is in a very poor place right now.

1. He has the slowest attack of any dps, and slower than all tanks and support.
2. Zen can throw balls faster than his arrows fly.
3. He is easily flanked and due to his extremely slow drawing of arrows make him have at most 1 chance to get a kill shot while being flanked.
4. He is slowed down while drawing an arrow making him even easier to outmaneuver.

He really only has impact when he crits. His body shots are pathetic.

Here is what I would change.

1. Increase his arrow sleep significantly.
2. Let his arrows pierce shields.
3. Remove scatter arrow and make it something like a split arrow that he can shoot then right click to split.
didnt you make this topic yesterday?
the only problem hanzo has is he is a hit or miss hero. he has dps just as good as any other.
I think your mistake is that you treat him as a sniper hero. Get close and personal with your enemies so that you have higher of a chance to hit them. Around McCree/Soldier's maximum effective range would be enough.

Flanking Hanzo can be a dangerous affair due to his scatter arrow. If a trouble arises, he can just instakill whoever tries to go after him.

So, I'm pretty sure your complaints come from lack of understanding of a character. Please play him more and make sure you're good at him before making balance suggestions.
I'm not siding with anyone, but why does Hanzo doesn't see pro play? I genuinely not know, after all I'm just a scrub.
Go on to twitch and watch wraxu then come back to me. He could do with a buff but not the ones you're suggesting.
1. He's burst damage, he doesn't need high DPS, as he can easily jump from 0 to 400 in a second with Scatter.

2. Hanzo is more effective than Zen at medium and long range. He's more effective at Close range as well if Scatter is off cooldown.

3. https://gyazo.com/cd9b372d3cd31bd198a9b82aea205a1e Was playing against a Master Tracer main and Diamonds Genjis. Flankers aren't that big of an issue. In fact burst damage is the best deterrent to Flankers.

Hanzo is actually the most balanced Defense hero next to Junkrat.
11/04/2017 08:37 AMPosted by RogueRogue

Yet people complain about scatter. Maybe it does too much damage, being able to one shot zarya or Orisa, but it's not op af
11/04/2017 08:56 AMPosted by Pharah
11/04/2017 08:37 AMPosted by RogueRogue

Yet people complain about scatter. Maybe it does too much damage, being able to one shot zarya or Orisa, but it's not op af

high cooldown, hard to 1hit 400hp heros.
I looked at your stats a bit and you have 21 % weapon accuracy with hanzo. That’s not enough to really make an impact. In the higher up levels it feels that a good hanzo is impossible to counter. A majority of the community believes he needs a nerf to his scatter arrows because it’s basically a free kill every 8 seconds. He can basically 1 shot all 200 hp heroes

If you want to get good with him practice your mechanical aim and leading shots. I personally go to the practice range a lot and practice shots. It goes a long way
11/04/2017 12:31 AMPosted by ZapRowsdower
Hanzo is pretty terrible. We can all agree on that. After playing him for a while I can say he is in a very poor place right now.

3. He is easily flanked and due to his extremely slow drawing of arrows make him have at most 1 chance to get a kill shot while being flanked.
4. He is slowed down while drawing an arrow making him even easier to outmaneuver.

3. Remove scatter arrow and make it something like a split arrow that he can shoot then right click to split.

can I just point out that almost everything you've said here is wrong?

1. He midrange "sniper", ergo he has a sniper firing speed. he has a faster firing rate than widow, the other dps sniper.
2. Only up to a certain point. if you're not charging your arrows, yes. but even a bit more than half charged matches zens shot speed and a fully charged shot is faster than zen's.
3. this is pretty much the only valid point you have here, and it's where, to use's sty's phrase "good aim, bad positioning", is a thing. also your 125 damage per shot, but that's coming up.
4. You're not supposed to just walk around in the middle of a fight with the arrow drawn. you are playing a sniper, aim before you draw, aim during your draw, fire your shot and move on.
5. bodyshots are pathetic? I didn't know taking almost 3/4ths of someones health from a single body shot (5/6ths from tracer) was considered pathetic. yes, headshots are always better, but what do you expect with the character you chose? you could say the same thing about mccree.

if you want to talk about hanzo being in a bit of a rough spot, talk more about his kit being kind of weak being based almost entirely around his standard attacks with his ult being effectively a zoning tool. for example sonar arrow, really good, but like I mentioned, just helps you line up shots with your basic attack.
11/04/2017 12:31 AMPosted by ZapRowsdower

Hanzo projectile speed is faster than zen when fully charged so your #2 is wrong.

Hanzo is like mccree and widow... any buffs would make them unstoppable at higher ranks. Just the nature of the game. That’s why different hero’s have different usage rates at each tier. People with bad aim play junkrat or Pharah more in bronze and people with good aim play mccree and Tracer more in gm. Another reason the game is so good. Anyone can find something that works.
Thinks hanzo is bad
Asks for scatter shot removal
???
No Sombra is. Sombra has the worst DPS in game.
11/04/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Jstealthy

Nope.
11/04/2017 10:10 AMPosted by RogueRogue
11/04/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Jstealthy

Nope.

Actual damage per second he’s probably right. Out of the offense and defense heros, sombra probably is the lowest.

It depends how you want to define it... Tracer is 240 per second but 1 second of reload every other second so it’s really 120 over the long run whereas sombra is 160 per second and it takes 3 seconds to empty her gun then 1.5 seconds to reload. So across 3 seconds they both do 480 but sombra has a longer reload and less damage across the next couple seconds.
11/04/2017 01:02 AMPosted by Mizzerella
didnt you make this topic yesterday?

I have never made this topic. Please stop being toxic. I have only recently started to play Hanzo. Thanks for adding nothing to the conversation.
11/04/2017 09:07 AMPosted by Refrigerator
I looked at your stats a bit and you have 21 % weapon accuracy with hanzo. That’s not enough to really make an impact. In the higher up levels it feels that a good hanzo is impossible to counter. A majority of the community believes he needs a nerf to his scatter arrows because it’s basically a free kill every 8 seconds. He can basically 1 shot all 200 hp heroes

If you want to get good with him practice your mechanical aim and leading shots. I personally go to the practice range a lot and practice shots. It goes a long way

I do go to the practice range fairly often. I also do a lot of custom games against medium/hard AI and I don't really have a huge issue getting between 30/40 kills per match. I know the AI bots don't really do much in game so that probably means very little.