It's not a one-trick ban, it's toxic-reports

General Discussion
Let's face it, people blame the non-meta hero and the one-tricks when they're losing or get angry, they don't see a possibility that their reinhardt switch player severly underperformed or their healers were too passive or died too often due to poor positioning, or the genji mains that have no teamwork at all (mostly tiers below M-GM). Everyone makes mistakes and plays poorly once in a while, but reporting people out of anger because someone gets the idea stuck in his head that the one guy not switching is the sole cause of a lost match is absolutely toxic. Blizzard is therefore enabling bullying and toxicity in their games by banning the bullied kid to "reduce" toxicity which occurs around said bullied kid (some cases are legitimately bad players, but they should be banned for playing badly, not for playing what they like, that's the difference)
If you're playing something that puts your team at a disadvantage all because you want to play it then you shouldn't be in comp. Comp is about doing everything possible to win. Including switching if countered or to counter an aspect of the enemy team.

If you're entering with the mind set of only playing one hero regardless of the disadvantage it puts your team at. You should be banned so you can take that time off to learn more than one hero.

The fact that there are so many different heroes means that comps will arise and they do for a reason. Comps were thought up based on their synergies with the other members of your team. A synergy could be comboing two alts to wipe the enemy or it could mean picking a bunch of mobility characters to dive the enemy backline.

If you are not willing to play as part of a comp then clearly you're not willing to do what it takes to win and thus you should be expelled from competitive until you learn how to stop being a selfish !@#$.
12/15/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Slows
If you're playing something that puts your team at a disadvantage all because you want to play it then you shouldn't be in comp. Comp is about doing everything possible to win. Including switching if countered or to counter an aspect of the enemy team.

If you're entering with the mind set of only playing one hero regardless of the disadvantage it puts your team at. You should be banned so you can take that time off to learn more than one hero.

The fact that there are so many different heroes means that comps will arise and they do for a reason. Comps were thought up based on their synergies with the other members of your team. A synergy could be comboing two alts to wipe the enemy or it could mean picking a bunch of mobility characters to dive the enemy backline.

If you are not willing to play as part of a comp then clearly you're not willing to do what it takes to win and thus you should be expelled from competitive until you learn how to stop being a selfish !@#$.

If that's the case, should certain heros be straight up banned from comp or banned at certain ranks?

For example, Ana is the only healer that has an overall winrate below 50% in competitive play overall. She has the lowest winrate of all of the healers regardless of what rank you are in. She has the lowest winrate of any hero in Platinum, Diamond, and Master.
12/15/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Chess
If that's the case, should certain heros be straight up banned from comp or banned at certain ranks?

For example, Ana is the only healer that has an overall winrate below 50% in competitive play overall. She has the lowest winrate of all of the healers regardless of what rank you are in. She has the lowest winrate of any hero in Platinum, Diamond, and Master.

Why would you jump to that conclusion? No heroes should be banned. Only the idiots that play only one hero regardless of how countered they are or how little they are doing for their team should get banned.

For example if you pick Ana and are underperforming and playing like garbage then you should probably swap to something more effectively like mercy, lucio, moira or zen...

If someone has bad aim on Ana or are just playing her badly they should switch and if they don't I completely understand people reporting them for poor teamwork and I sincerely hope they get banned.

Learn to play multiple heroes from every catagory or gtfo of comp. If you can and do only play one hero you are ruining the game for the 95% of the player base that is trying to build a comp to win. If you insta pick torb or sym right off the bat what you are saying to your team is build around me. Instead of what a good human does where they inspect everyones play time and pick a character that best fits the team they are placed with.

I sincerely hope all selfish players get perma banned eventually regardless of what hero they one trick. It is inherently toxic to the game to have people only care about themselves even if that means a loss for the 5 other people you're placed with.

If you're countered, switch.
If your pick is sub optimal for the map, switch.
If the Pharah on the other team is uncontested, switch hitscan.
If the Winston on the enemy team is wrecking yours, switch Reaper.

The main problem is one tricks don't know how to play the game. They only know how to play one hero.
No one has a problem with one-tricks.

EVERYONE has a problem with people who won't switch, regardless of hero.

Well, that's not true. Why would you care if you have a Tracer or Soldier or Genji one trick on your team? So long as they're good, they never have to switch.
12/15/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Zarester

Well, that's not true. Why would you care if you have a Tracer or Soldier or Genji one trick on your team? So long as they're good, they never have to switch.
which is the problem with the off metas. People don’t care if they’re good, they just hate seeing them at all

becuase we dont need tracer soldier genji and phara all on the team at the same time.

becuase we dont need tracer soldier genji and phara all on the team at the same time.

Who said at the same time?
12/15/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Dribble

One trick does not have a specific hero. One trick just means playing a specific hero and NOT SWITCHING... You having problems with people who don't switch means you have a problem with one tricks. I don't understand why people keep saying this lmao.
12/15/2017 09:39 AMPosted by Slows
12/15/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Chess

Why would you jump to that conclusion? No heroes should be banned. Only the idiots that play only one hero regardless of how countered they are or how little they are doing for their team should get banned.

For example if you pick Ana and are underperforming and playing like garbage then you should probably swap to something more effectively like mercy, lucio, moira or zen...

If someone has bad aim on Ana or are just playing her badly they should switch and if they don't I completely understand people reporting them for poor teamwork and I sincerely hope they get banned.

Learn to play multiple heroes from every catagory or gtfo of comp. If you can and do only play one hero you are ruining the game for the 95% of the player base that is trying to build a comp to win. If you insta pick torb or sym right off the bat what you are saying to your team is build around me. Instead of what a good human does where they inspect everyones play time and pick a character that best fits the team they are placed with.

I sincerely hope all selfish players get perma banned eventually regardless of what hero they one trick. It is inherently toxic to the game to have people only care about themselves even if that means a loss for the 5 other people you're placed with.

If you're countered, switch.
If your pick is sub optimal for the map, switch.
If the Pharah on the other team is uncontested, switch hitscan.
If the Winston on the enemy team is wrecking yours, switch Reaper.

The main problem is one tricks don't know how to play the game. They only know how to play one hero.

except for the ffact the jeff has come out and said you are completely wrong already. he has said in a recent interview that it is not bannable nor reportable offence for people to play heroes that are not good for the situation nor is not switching either as long as they are trying their best at said hero.
12/15/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Dribble

If someone is a one-trick and they get asked to switch, but then be straight forward and say they're not very good with much else, then I understand. Not everyone is a one-trick, it isn't solely the one-trick's responsibility to switch. Most of the time, it isn't even their fault. If the rest of the team is as cooperative as they should be, some juggling can be done to maximize everyone's abilities.

I'd rather have a confident one-trick than someone playing a role they're clueless in.
12/15/2017 10:15 AMPosted by Purple
which is the problem with the off metas. People don’t care if they’re good, they just hate seeing them at all

The issue is most people don't know where Off-Meta picks are good. It's kinda sad how people tell me Doomfist doesn't work on some of his best maps (Eichenwalde, Dorado, etc.)

They also don't really know any of their synergies or counters nor care to pick them... I can't COUNT how many times people get tilted because they see a Mei putting in work but can't figure out how to counter her! And as I said with Doomfist...no one knows who to combo with Doomfist. Even if we'd benefit from some Synergy. Some people actually are kind enough to ask and give it a go. HOWEVER, I have quite a few games where I get complained at despite doing pretty well.

My last game on Dorado was great, almost winnable. HOWEVER, one of our Tanks was tilted because we had an actual 1 trick on our team. He was fine...but our tank REFUSED to shield him. Despite that he managed to put in quite a bit of work. We could have won had he gotten some shielding on our last fight. (He was a Bastion.) I can't STRESS how frustrating it was. I'd much rather have a 1 trick than someone that toxic any day.
<span class="truncated">...</span>becuase we dont need tracer soldier genji and phara all on the team at the same time.

Who said at the same time?
you say that people wouldnt care if they meta otp i showed a situation in which they would care

People dont give a crap at everyones most played.

If a hero isnt getting results.

SWAP

If a hero is getting results

DONT SWAP

This isnt a personal attack against a one trick off meta picks. I dont care if youre a Genji/Soldier/Roadhog/Torb/Mei/D.Va/Ana/Mercy one trick. If your pick is being countered and you are being a liability. Get the hell off and start playing to win.
I have played hanzo widow torb and sym in competitive and never been banned. How? I communicate with my team because im not a selfish prick. If it doesnt workout I change characters. Why do people insist on hitting their head against the wall?