Worst team comp that actually worked?

Competitive Discussion
Played KOTH yesterday and normally I'm very open to all kinds of team comps but this time I thought I was screwed from the get go. I was solo healing on Zen, we also had Junk, Mei, Genji, Winston and Tracer. We destroyed the opposing team and I was surprised how efficient Zen can be with his weak heals if the team just makes sure to come to you for the orb when they need it.
I've also had to solo heal as Lucio on Numbani with Bastion as "tank", Tracer, McCree, Genji and Soldier and got the win there too.
Got any "ah, we're screwed......hang on a second!" comps?
Yesterday on King's Row, we failed to get any progress on point A and our Mercy was blaming me (Sombra) for our not grouping up or really doing anything at all. So he switched to Sym and we ended up defending with Dva, Sombra, Sym, Junkrat, McCree and Reaper (not sure of the last two, but they were dps). So Sombra solo healing on King's Row. Great.

I thought we'd get wiped instantly but we absolutely slaughtered them time after time despite only having two small hack health packs as healing. We did lose at the end but defended galantly into overtime. If it wasn't for the fact that they only needed 33% we could've made it.
09/19/2017 05:32 AMPosted by DolceFragola
Yesterday on King's Row, we failed to get any progress on point A and our Mercy was blaming me (Sombra) for our not grouping up or really doing anything at all. So he switched to Sym and we ended up defending with Dva, Sombra, Sym, Junkrat, McCree and Reaper (not sure of the last two, but they were dps). So Sombra solo healing on King's Row. Great.

I thought we'd get wiped instantly but we absolutely slaughtered them time after time despite only having two small hack health packs as healing. We did lose at the end but defended galantly into overtime. If it wasn't for the fact that they only needed 33% we could've made it.
I've actually defended on this map with the same comp except rein instead of D.VA and Soldier instead of Reaper. I don't know why it worked but it did :D
Two tanks, 4 DPS with Hanzo complaining the whole time about needing to search for health packs.

We destroyed the other team. Probably only could've worked on KOTH. This was early in thgame game, when I had no experience on healers and I thought only playing Pharah all the time was fine.
We got absolutely rolled by 5 dps and lucio until we finally triptanked. Worked well at first, though.
It's almost like games are won by skill rather than "optimized team compositions".
09/19/2017 06:12 AMPosted by Medal
It's almost like games are won by skill rather than "optimized team compositions".

Ya cause winning 1 out 100 with a crap comp makes it viable.
Two months ago I was duo queuing with a friend and we were having a rough night. So for our first push on attack on Route 66, the entire team becomes what we've nicknamed 'Team Snipers' as a joke and bonding experience. We all were prepared to change into a good comp. We had a Widow, a Hanzo, a Mei, a McCree, an Ana, and a Pharah. We won that attack round and proceeded to win defense with all 4 healers, a Widow, and a Hanzo.
start of s5 I had been on a massive lossing streak even though I was playing the best I ever had at the time. I let my team pick 1st as I wait to see if we need a Winston or a Rien, they picked Tracer, Symmerta, Junkrat, Hanzo and Mercy for king of the hill. I thought my losing streak is not going to end in this game, I picked Torbjorn and 3/4 though round one the mercy typed "I can't believe this team is winning and being carried by an attack torbjorn" My rivet gun game is on point.
In Watchpoint, I lost all hope knowing we had 2 throwers on our team so I went on Sym for defense in the 2nd half. We some how won with a Sym/Zen/Junkrat/Sombra/Roadhog/Soldier, Sombra+Roadhog throwing. Some how the other team couldn't pass the sym turrets or were too distracted from my teleportal that we managed to win.
Durado my team was all out throwing and we happened to win lol we got steamrolled on defense so on offense people threw. We had Widow,Hanzo,Torbjorn,Junkrat,Symmetra,Tracer. I have no idea how but we won that round and went on to win overtime(With a better comp of course)
09/19/2017 06:12 AMPosted by Medal
there are few things I dislike more than the start of a game when someone says "222!". Don't try and push people out of their comfort zone at the very start.