[Mei-gathread] Favor the shooter cryo = tuscanian rage

General Discussion
Prev 1 129 130 131 148 Next
01/24/2018 11:45 AMPosted by WhyAlwaysMe
- Open area

Could another pillar help to solve this issue?
- Mobile opponent

The freeze needs to be tuned to do this work more effectively, in this state we know and we said a lot of times mobile enemies can escape easily
- Shielding

The wall can do that but at the same time can't do that: IMO the wall is used to save teammates from certain situation (to repair from Doomfist's strike, from an high noon, from a turret, to disable the enemy Orisa b o n g o, ecc", to "shape the battleground", to split the enemy team rather than absorb a lot of damage because is not really mobile as the Reinhardt shield or the Orisa shield, and it's easy to bypass the wall
- Big brawls

We know Mei works better in 1vs1 and relies a lot on her team, but alone struggles a lot in these situations

BTW we need to define the Mei's roles rather than trying to force to make her fit in most scenarios
01/24/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Str1kernaut

BTW we need to define the Mei's roles rather than trying to force to make her fit in most scenarios

This a thousand times. The more I play Mei, the more I realize she is just slightly UP. The problem is that she is not the best choice at anything. She would be good in a game where you couldnt switch, so her versatility would be an asset. But in OW you can switch heroes as needed so it doesnt make sense to have a versatile less powerful hero.

Any buff that you give Mei, whether it be to her tankiness, her damage, her CCs, her mobility, her utility, etc. Will bring her in to the game. If you buff her too much you can easily make her OP. The key question is, what will be her role?

I personally see her as an off- tank mainly, creating space and controlling the enemy, denying their damage, and surviving.
01/24/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Crypticarts
Any buff that you give Mei, whether it be to her tankiness, her damage, her CCs, her mobility, her utility, etc. Will bring her in to the game. If you buff her too much you can easily make her OP. The key question is, what will be her role?

You got damn right, the key is to buff her having a clear vision of her role, and making her versatile but not too much, otherwise she would become OP. IMO she could be an antiflanker/antimobility hero because the slow down mechanic is designed for that role: slow enemies, and it shouldn't slow down only slow enemies but slow down fast enemies mainly. The wall and the ultimates fits the antimobility purpose because the wall it's useful to force the enemies to take another route, to split them down and slow down their push, the ultimate it's an area denial tool because it's purpose should be to catch the enemies in the AoE and freeze them, making their escape much harder and also preventing enemies to reach a zone
It's me or Blizzardworld seems easy to defend (at least the first point)? There are a lot of choke points and you can block enemies in those points easily
01/24/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Str1kernaut
In case it's not clear I think she should have weakness just like everyone else, but four major weakness is kind of a lot.

On the topic of roles, after this much discussion I think everyone here agrees thats once she got a clear role we'll get stuff rolling, but I started to think this is actually the core issue, instead of what should be improved. It also kind of reminds me of my unfinished business on reworking designs, I guess I should get back to work on that too.
01/24/2018 01:01 PMPosted by WhyAlwaysMe
In case it's not clear I think she should have weakness just like everyone else, but four major weakness is kind of a lot

Is what i mean, she should do well the jobs for what she was designed rather than being too flexible but inefficient. Can you remind her 4 major weakness pls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P1Md792fF8

New Dev update

Mei talks at 9:11

Mei is getting adjustments

We have won
Mei mains REJOICE! She will be getting changes!
I am crying, who else? I'm soooo excited for the buffs
I've just got into playing Mei recently and lemme say hearing that she's gonna get buffed... Makes me wanna main her
Super happy to hear something is happening. However, I don't like the comments on 'situational picks'. If Mei and Sym are supposed to be situational, then every hero should be in-turn. There should be no optimal pick 100% of the time, each hero should have their drawbacks. Regardless, this is happy news!
300hrs Mein Here !!
0==T__T==0!!!!!! WE WON!!!!!
Really excited to hear she is getting something! I wonder what they will do with her? I can't imagine much based on his comment, but if it makes playing her feel more rewarding, then I'm excited!
Remember when Jeff said this was a well written thread? And then criticizes people for using third party sites and pro team usage for making judgement calls?
01/25/2018 05:57 PMPosted by GhostofKafka
Really excited to hear she is getting something! I wonder what they will do with her? I can't imagine much based on his comment, but if it makes playing her feel more rewarding, then I'm excited!

My highest hopes are for fixing her Ult bugs, moving wall and cryo to favor-the-defender instead of favor-the-shooter, and giving her freeze less bendy-ness
Don't get so excited.

Y'all can still be betrayed by the Devs...
01/25/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Honchkrow
Don't get so excited.

Honestly, this

I'm really really really happy that they've finally acknowledged her and that they aren't going for the rework path with her

But until I see what is this "slight adjustment", I won't get my hopes up

Sorry if I sound like "that guy", but I main Hog and mained Mercy, 2 heroes that didn't get the best in terms of balance changes. One became the most Op hero this game has ever seen and the other became F tier in a week and stayed like that for 2 months. So I'm really worried, because I love playing Mei and I don't want her ruined.
01/25/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Error
01/25/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Honchkrow
Don't get so excited.

Honestly, this

I'm really really really happy that they've finally acknowledged her and that they aren't going for the rework path with her

But until I see what is this "slight adjustment", I won't get my hopes up

Sorry if I sound like "that guy", but I main Hog and mained Mercy, 2 heroes that didn't get the best in terms of balance changes. One became the most Op hero this game has ever seen and the other became F tier in a week and stayed like that for 2 months. So I'm really worried, because I love playing Mei and I don't want her ruined.

It's a fair concern. On the plus side, this 'small adjustment' does seem to suggest some small buffs rather than something as sweeping as a rework. What they will do remains to be seen though, so I am simultaniously happy and anxious about what they are going to do. I don't think they have started working on her yet.
01/25/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Error

I think they deserve some credit for making Hog (of course debateably) better eventually, they kicked the ball really far first.. but they did get it on point after it got rolling.

That being said:

MEI THE ODDS BE EVER IN OUR FAVOR.