[Mei-gathread] Favor the shooter cryo = tuscanian rage

General Discussion
Prev 1 141 142 143 148 Next
02/14/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Error
Soooo I'm on console and we don't have Ptr

How does Mei feel now?

I tried to watch a stream to see if someone is testing the changes, but all the streamer said is that Mei needs nothing because she is the most cancerous hero in the game :/

Sadly she dosent really feel all that better. I didnt notice any changes with the increased freeze time. I guess you can right click a few more times before reloading which is kinda nice. I wish they would fix her bugs first though.
I wish blizzard would reduce time to freeze by a little instead of adding .5 seconds on to the freeze duration.

This is an ok change, but the way the meta is going I don't see how this would help her.
Technically all changes are buffs. But they fix nothing. Yes, slightly longer freeze is nice, but only against tanks and other heroes with low mobility. Genji and Tracer still can easily avoid freeze and escape from Mei.

20 ammo Icicle is nothing. Okay, now we can spam 10 Icicles instead of 8. But it is still the only projectile with damage fall-off in the game. And Mei still can't reload her gun during Cryo-Freeze, while this was one of the most demanded buffs. And she still has a lot of gamebreaking bugs. And her ultimate is still the easiest to escape or interrupt.

Yes, PTR changes are buffs. But they look like a joke, tbh.
02/14/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Bloggerman
I wonder what Jardio, the number 1 Mei player in the world, thinks about these changes.
He likes the changes and he is excited about them
Lightly salted wall of text incoming!

What a disappointment. Can't even use the "atleast she got noticed" argument as every hero in her category is getting tended to, and seemingly better. Besides maybe doom, because no matter how they buff him it means squat if they don't fix his bugs. Just like Mei.

As if being lonely wasn't bad enough, Blizzard just had to spit on me for Valentine's day.

The 2 bullet difference really isn't gonna do a thing. Jeff says pretty much 2 more chances to kill tracer... Hah against the tracers at my rank? I basically have 3 or 4 chances to shoot her. There's no way ill shoot the full clip before dying unless I'm getting lots of healing in which case the tracer would likely disengage. Shooting a full clip as Mei now takes 8 seconds. Now it'll take 10 seconds. I essentially have 4 seconds to completely read their movement, get them to backoff, or get lucky before I get 2 clipped or pulsed with no cryo.

The ammo change really won't do anything for me, especially for someone who spams reload button like me.

The freeze change? Against training bots i cant tell the difference, I can't access PTR so I can't know how it actually feels but it doesn't sound like much to be honest.

Sounds like Mei will only be better against the matchups she's already good in, but not much different against what she's bad against.

Sombra, Doom get all the love it seems when Mei was around and has had issues before they even existed. Though those 2 characters I really like too but c'mon... sym torb and Hanzo I personally don't care about but I hope they get treated right.

It seems Mei will never be a decent pick simply because of the community's image. I was reading through comments, so much hype for every other character besides Mei. Mei simply gets "Demon" "Delete her" "Already OP (guaranteed they're a bronze)" etc.

They won't make Mei decent as long as she's "unfun" to fight against. But why? Being hacked is unfun, having my shots eaten at the perfect time by d.va isn't fun. Everything about d.va and tracer is unfun to deal with. Being flash fanned by a mediocre Mcree isn't fun. This games ranked system is unfun. So what?

If they were to give tiny changes, just bug fixes, better ult, and cryo reload and I'd be happy. Hell I don't care if she keeps being countered by mobility as long as those 3 things were added. Let my team see where my wall will go. I don't even mind enemies being able to use my wall because usually there's already another wall for genji to climb or riptire to climb over right next to my wall. The ice wall makes no difference for them in those situations.

I've never played a more frustrating game before, and most of that is thanks to the Dev team. They clearly know this thread exists, but I guess they just didn't read it? Man they got my hopes up too.

Oh well, it's not like I'm gonna go away even if I wanted to. Sadly as long as this game has me addicted I can't anyways. From now on I'm 80% one tricking Mei in comp as she is the only thing that keeps me from trying to delete this game (not that I can't redownload, curse me for buying digital!) I definetly like playing others from time to time but none of them are really on the same level for me as Mei is. I started with Reaper, but truly Mei is why I'm so hooked on this game and can't quit even when I'm not having fun, or barely am. Why I have 1000 hours in the game! WHICH means of the 1000 hours I've spent on this game, only 10% of that was playing Mei, my most played. Ever since season 5 ended I've only had less and less fun.

Finally playing less and less, and pretty much only playing Mei and not joining chat (chats always been useless anyways, my callouts nobody heard, the flaming... yeah it's useless) and I'm having fun actually. But that fun becomes frustration when I lose a point because hog hooked me through cryo, or my ult was already on the floor and it disappeared... thankfully I've managed to break a bit of the addiction and play like 4 hours every other day rather than 8 hours a day or more, and I'm trying to keep reducing how much I play and maximize my time on Mei aswell. So I can get to other stuff i wanna do.

And really I don't blame people for hating dealing with Mei, but again, most things are unfun to deal with.

It's like getting lame clothes for Christmas, it's something but it really feels like they may aswell have given you nothing. Not to sound demanding or ungrateful... but again this only makes her better against what she already destroys. This is hurtful to ana, Zen, hog etc. Tracer shall remain mostly uncontested. Again, I really have no issue with genji.

But I'm used to this. In every game ever I've always mained the low tier characters, by coincidence. They're always the most fun to me. I'm used to mobility dominating the game from start to finished. This is almost "whatever" to me but it's just so unnaceptable to not have atleast *BUGS* fixed. But hey, just because they didn't mention it doesn't mean they won't fix it?

I have high hopes that when live update comes, the bugs are gone. I'll have respect for the OW balancing team again. Honestly this was an insult to injury.
02/14/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Bloggerman
I wonder what Jardio, the number 1 Mei player in the world, thinks about these changes.
He probably say he is under whelmed and doesn’t agree
02/14/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Shnobz
Technically all changes are buffs. But they fix nothing. Yes, slightly longer freeze is nice, but only against tanks and other heroes with low mobility. Genji and Tracer still can easily avoid freeze and escape from Mei.

20 ammo Icicle is nothing. Okay, now we can spam 10 Icicles instead of 8. But it is still the only projectile with damage fall-off in the game. And Mei still can't reload her gun during Cryo-Freeze, while this was one of the most demanded buffs. And she still has a lot of gamebreaking bugs. And her ultimate is still the easiest to escape or interrupt.

Interrupt I agree, but meteor strike is definetly easier to escape
02/14/2018 02:48 PMPosted by MeiPureQT
Interrupt I agree, but meteor strike is definetly easier to escape

Yes, but the goal of Meteor Strike is to deal damage, while goal of Blizzard is to prevent enemies from escaping. Blizzard is a setup-ultimate just like Graviton or Earthshatter. But both Earthshatter and Graviton cannot be escaped if they are already landed, while majority of heroes can escape from Blizzard.
Freeze change is noticeable when you have both PTR and Live open (i'm doing right now) but it's still very subtle. They could have kept it in the last update and no one would notice.
The reason Mei is meta way back then is because she can pretty much spam her ult, i'm dissappointed how they didn't revert her ult charge to that time. Those PTR changes are meh, they should make it so that smaller targets will be frozen faster than bigger targets.
02/14/2018 03:04 PMPosted by oversleep
The reason Mei is meta way back then is because she can pretty much spam her ult, i'm dissappointed how they didn't revert her ult charge to that time. Those PTR changes are meh, they should make it so that smaller targets will be frozen faster than bigger targets.

I never had the game, but I heard she wasn't even meta then
02/14/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Shnobz

This is what I was worried about happening in the thread where they replied that they're only doing small adjustments to her... Reducing Icicle cost by 5 is possibly the least impactful thing they could do =_=" Its pretty rare that I freeze someone and don't have enough for a hs. All this does is make her slightly more effective at what she currently does, which is very little. Gimme longer range, or a 'toggle' on her spray so that I can do short wide range range spray, or slightly longer range narrow jet. Make the wall/iceblock apply a chilling effect to those nearby slowing their movement. Let her ice spray hit more than one person.

The way blizzard currently changes things doesn't inspire much confidence in me as to what they're going to do with Mei.

inb4 freeze spray does 5% more damage and icewall health is increased to 550
1 year of waiting for 2 icicles and the "slow" buff is unnoticeable (in real battle, no bots).
Not fix the bugs..
Sad so sad...
02/14/2018 03:10 PMPosted by MeiPureQT
02/14/2018 03:04 PMPosted by oversleep

I never had the game, but I heard she wasn't even meta then
She wasn't, but she also wasn't a F-tier hero.

She's just stronger against tanks than dive heroes.
I'm grateful for the buffs for sure, especially the ammo reduction which is something a lot of players asked for... but the increased freeze time? I don't think we even wanted that since it punished newer players more while leaving higher level play pretty much the same.
02/14/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Watchit
I'm grateful for the buffs for sure, especially the ammo reduction which is something a lot of players asked for

No one asked for it. Everybody asked for ammo reloading during Cryo-Freeze.
Not sure if this was suggested already, but I'll post here anyway:

Honestly, I think they should completely remove the Freeze part, but then increase the primary fire damage (And her ultimate) and make it disable movement abilities while you are affected by the slow. This would turn her unto a threat to High Mobility heroes while still allowing others to fight back.

Yes, this would reduce her effectiveness against heroes without Movement abilities, but let's be honest here: What we need is a anti-flanker that is actually reliable (Not Jesse McCree) and she will be able to fight back the not mobile heroes with her alt fire which deal a very respectable damage.

I think it would be a fair trade-off for being able to shut down these pesky flankers and Mei would finally have an actual role in the game.
02/14/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Kawagima
Not sure if this was suggested already, but I'll post here anyway:

Honestly, I think they should completely remove the Freeze part, but then increase the primary fire damage (And her ultimate) and make it disable movement abilities while you are affected by the slow. This would turn her unto a threat to High Mobility heroes while still allowing others to fight back.

Yes, this would reduce her effectiveness against heroes without Movement abilities, but let's be honest here: What we need is a anti-flanker that is actually reliable (Not Jesse McCree) and she will be able to fight back the not mobile heroes with her alt fire which deal a very respectable damage.

I think it would be a fair trade-off for being able to shut down these pesky flankers and Mei would finally have an actual role in the game.

the problem is that a lot more characters rely on movement abilities than just tracer/genji. How would you even get close to a team running a mei if all she has to do is lightly spray you? It would force the meta to pretty much deathball only, and even there her walls are extremely powerful.

Besides, she's already not very weak against most mobility heroes. She forces genji to save dash to get out, has the possibility to 1shot tracer, can deny d.va completely. Her main issue against dive is winston's bubble tbh.

Bugfixes, a buff for her ult to speed up the cast time (if d.va can just 360 matrix on reaction then it's too slow, period.) and something to stop the silly jumpspam to prevent getting frozen by the ult are things i believe she absolutely needs.

Besides that, the reload on cryofreeze would be nice, as well as maybe making her freezespray shoot a bit faster to make it slightly easier to hit mobile/speedboosted people (mostly genji jumpspamming). like the speed of the spray coming out of the gun, not the actual speed at which it freezes/uses ammo. making it slightly more like hitscan.
So disappointed with her changes. Sure I am incredibly happy she's finally getting noticed but I get so confused when people say she's BALANCED? Have you looked at her stats ? Have you played her? Have you actually seen her on the enemy team in the past month and if you have did she even last a second against genji tracer soldier.

Yes I like more ammo, but this buff doesn't add anything.

Longer freeze time sounds good but doesn't actually impact anything...at all...genji will still dash away, tracer will just rewind to safety. Movement abilities are still better than mei will ever be.

So here's to another year and a half of being unplayable in higher tiers and having lack luster usefulness.

I hear sombra will be meta. I'll go play her.

Just so confused how they can call mei overbearing in her current state when she doesn't actually do much, doesnt get picked at all and is generally hated if you do. Then they'll turn around and Insta buff junkrat into the best hero for all tiers including gm.
Take it from a previous Mercy main, Blizzard could CARE LESS about your feedback and will use absolutely nothing from this thread.

#revertmercy