[Mei-gathread] Favor the shooter cryo = tuscanian rage

General Discussion
Prev 1 143 144 145 148 Next
02/14/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Str1kernaut
Personally i find those 2 buffs pretty neutral: they don't contribute to make Mei more powerful. IMO adding the reload in cryo would be better because Mei would be ready to fight again out of cryofreeze and would have more possibilities of survive. I linda feel disappointed because i made that huge poll and feom that it emerged the fact Mei doesn't need more icicles but needs a more effective freeze mechanic agauinst fast heroes. Also any buff to her kit would be a placebo until the cryofreeze and blizzard bugs will be fixed

What she needs and what people think they want are 2 entirely different things though.
IMO there's just too many people begging for any hardcounter to mobility to be able to tell if they really want the best for Mei or the best for themselves
It's a buff, sure, but ehhh... I don't think it's a very good one. I honestly don't think the freeze duration will come into play in 19+ out of every 20 games. The icicle cost is a nice quality of life change, but it's not exactly the most significant one.
IDEA to counter high mobility heroes without countering slow heroes:

When cryofreeze ends, it explodes shooting shards of ice in all directions.
Shards of ice deal no damage.
Enemies hit by shards of ice have their movement abilities disabled for a small amount of time which depends on how much time Mei was in her cryostasis.

Example: if Mei ends her cryofreeze instantly, shards of ice will be less effective, its effect will last only for 2 seconds.
Effect time: min 2 seconds / max 4 seconds
Range: Area effect as big as Ana's grenade

NOTES:
Shards of ice can not be deflected by Genji.
Shards of ice can be blocked by shields like Rein or Zarya.
Movement passive (wall climb, double jump) are affected too.
Shards of ice do NOT slow movement, they only disable movement abilities.
02/14/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Alex

Enemies hit by shards of ice have their movement abilities disabled for a small amount of time which depends on how much time Mei was in her cryostasis.

Example: if Mei ends her cryofreeze instantly, shards of ice will be less effective, its effect will last only for 2 seconds.

NOTES:
I really don't know why you are keep posting ideas in this thread, it's super clear that the devs are not reading it. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten those jokes, I mean "buffs"

NOTES:

She already counters slow heroes, so that point doesnt really matter.
The only way theyll change her so she can counter mobility is if they completely remove her abilities vs nonmobile heroes.
I don't post ideas anymore. It's clear they don't listen to feedback when it comes to balancing.

Yes, Mei needs minor buffs, but hey have ignored her biggest issues. Her ultimate and bugs.

If Jeff think she is close to being balanced, then I'm afraid he doesn't want Mei to be balanced, because these buffs will not make her more viable. At all.
02/15/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Miikumon

NOTES:
I really don't know why you are keep posting ideas in this thread, it's super clear that the devs are not reading it. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten those jokes, I mean "buffs"
only made 2 posts here cause i noticed that after my first post, the thread had a new page so i didn't really want it to waste....
(I made a thread first in the ptr category but i didn't know the existence of this thread yet)

Anyway.... what do u think about my idea?
02/15/2018 01:14 AMPosted by Bloggerman
I don't post ideas anymore. It's clear they don't listen to feedback when it comes to balancing.

Yes, Mei needs minor buffs, but hey have ignored her biggest issues. Her ultimate and bugs.

If Jeff think she is close to being balanced, then I'm afraid he doesn't want Mei to be balanced, because these buffs will not make her more viable. At all.

I don't bother responding in megathreads and PTR feedback anymore after I've learnt my lesson with Mercy. It's clear they don't listen at all to community feedback and are delusional and blind when it comes to the state of balance of certain heros (i.e. saying all supports are fine while Ana and Symm are trash and ignoring Mei and Torb feedback).
All I do now is just upvote the posts, but it just takes away too much of my time to come up with creative stuff and typing it all in just to be ignored.
02/15/2018 01:19 AMPosted by Alex
02/15/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Miikumon
... I really don't know why you are keep posting ideas in this thread, it's super clear that the devs are not reading it. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten those jokes, I mean "buffs"
only made 2 posts here cause i noticed that after my first post, the thread had a new page so i didn't really want it to waste....
(I made a thread first in the ptr category but i didn't know the existence of this thread yet)

Anyway.... what do u think about my idea?
I think it's not worth it - they don't read it anyways. Or if they do, they ignore it. There is absolutely no reason to post ideas/feedback anymore. So stop waisting everyone's (including your) time with it
So...they're buffing the stun.

/popcorn

While I'm glad mei is seeing some love, this is going to turn her into the next Roadhog because stuns are super-powerful in OW and hers is on her freaking left click.
02/15/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Arandmoor

/popcorn

While I'm glad mei is seeing some love, this is going to turn her into the next Roadhog because stuns are super-powerful in OW and hers is on her freaking left click.

Yes but you can still get out of it. This won't affect good Mei's who can kill with-in the current stun anyway so this buff really is pretty minimal. Lower icicle ammo is nice but its more QoL than anything else.

Still want Mei's ult to disable movement abilities like Zarya's does.
02/15/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Arandmoor

/popcorn

Actually they don't. Freeze duration is the same just like the time needed to freeze someone. The buff only applies to the slow effect.
her buffs are a joke. I literally read 100+ better buffs (including needed bug fixes) for her in this thread by the community which would make her (more) viable than these two jokes which they call a buff.

How can they say she is almost balanced, when she is bottom tier for ages and has so many bugs?
Idea: we could report all Mei bugs in PTR bug section od the forum, let's see what they will do
The problem with Mei is that she was very strong agains heroes that have nothing to do with mobility, or have very little, while being very weak against heroes that had mobility! (such as genji and tracer)

This PTR buff, while making her a bit more strong against mobility, makes her more broken in 1v1's against mobility lacking heroes.
And that wasnt the intention!

I just want Jeff to realise that this buff has more downsides than benefits, and that Mei maybe needs a completely new ability to achieve her purpose.

please contribute in the topic i opened about this certain problem
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762036082#post-1
I personally disagree with the whole idea going around of Mei being really strong against low-mobile heroes, I don't think she is. The kicker is that Mei's primary can be out-dpsed by any hero in the game except for an uncharged Symmetra and Zarya. The other slow heroes have stuns to deal with, or get away from Mei. Reaper can out dps her in close range, as can Roadhog. Reaper can flee if he takes too much freeze. Hog can hook. Anna can sleep her. Zarya has a shield to help her escape the freeze, and can help other heroes escape too. Zenyatta can out dps Mei pretty quickly, however, he is one of the most vulnerable if caught, but Zen is the most vulnerable hero in the game and should ideally never be caught out alone. Mcree can certainly out dps her, and also has his stun. If she baits it with cryo, then she deserves to win that match up. It isn't an advantage over him, it's prediction, skill. Bastion and Torb can also out dps her pretty easily, Bastion especially so if in turret (Mei needs to keep range if he is). Orissa has fortify to negate the primary and can out dps Mei's secondary while using. Reinhardt is stuck if he gets trapped by her in a choke. He can, however, out dps her. The reason he suffers is because he's isolated 1v6 usually when this happens, and attempts to keep the shield up while Mei freeze him. Symmetra will always lose unless charged, or she can manage to catch Mei in a nest and finish her, or the Mei is already weakened.

All the rest of the heroes have sufficient mobility to not even need to worry about Mei, and Mei is only gong to get weaker as more heroes gain mobility. While Hanzo already has mobility, the rework Hanzo will have even more, and he'll be much harder for Mei to deal with due to it. Same went with Junkrat who gained the second mine, more mobility and damage (he destroys Mei at close range anyway so she shouldn't get close to him). Mobility has taken over the game, sadly, where the counter to mobility, Sombra, is herself a mobile hero.

Honestly this. ^
02/14/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Josh Engen
Mei[/url][/b]
  • Endothermic Blaster
    • Freeze (slow) duratioDeveln increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds
    • Weapon alternate fire ammo cost reduced from 25 to 20

Developer Comments: Increasing Mei’s slow duration helps her freeze targets that are particularly elusive such as Genji or Lúcio. Lowering her alternate fire ammo cost allows her to more safely use it without costing her the ability to freeze enemies.
These changes doesn't make Mei more balanced. At all.
I doubt we will see her played more often in games and OWL and I'm afraid her role will remain as point staller.

Her biggest issues weren't addressed which are her ultimate and her bugs.

If this is what Jeff thinks what will make her more balanced, then I'm afraid he doesn't want her balanced at all.
02/15/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Str1kernaut
Idea: we could report all Mei bugs in PTR bug section od the forum, let's see what they will do
this is actually a pretty smart idea. Will do
Meo biggest problem is that she is a hybrid. She is something between a tank and a dps and it's really hard to justify her pick over a real dps or a real tank. I think they need to take one direction with her just like Sombra. Eighter going full tank by buffing the wall and self sustain and crowed controll (making her freeze bigger so that more enemys are going to be hitted). Or full dps by buffing her fall off damage and making her relode during cryofreeze etc.

What in both directions needs to happen is is a ult buff. Its one think when tracer and gengus can escape, but even heros with no mobility can just run out.