[Mei-gathread] Favor the shooter cryo = tuscanian rage

General Discussion
Prev 1 146 147 148 Next
Today we Meins get insulted yet again! apparently this patch came 3 days ago on pc but it's today in console

So... you're telling me they fixed the deathmatch Mei cryo bug (floating) before they fix her other bugs that ACTUALLY MATTER? Infact this means they had to do something with cryos code right? (Maybe not since the issue wasn't cryo itself probably, but the mode itself but)

So they probably adjusted something about cryo but didn't go ahead and fix it's more important bugs that affect more than a simple arcade mode? They even nerfed Lucio in capture the flag, another thing that isn't that important compared to other issues the game has.

There are definetly a few high ground spots I've reached that I wouldn't be able to without it, but they didn't give me any advantage anyways... Usually falloff would kick in, or enemies are below ground anyways so I would just drop down

Just WHY BLIZZ?
02/16/2018 03:05 PMPosted by MeiPureQT
So... you're telling me they fixed the deathmatch Mei cryo bug (floating) before they fix her other bugs that ACTUALLY MATTER? Infact this means they had to do something with cryos code right?

I'm not sure but i think the cryofreeze problem depends by servers tick rate, with a faster tick rate this problem probably would be gone, if it's instead a code problem it needs to be fixed. The problem for the projectile ultimates is the same: it happens with Mei, Tracer and maybe Zarya, devs should fix this problem for all these heroes
bump I guess

btw although I don't know how much it will acutally impact, I really like the 10 icicle buff. It is like a mage hero suddenly has more mana. I don't think I can go back with 8 now. However, I don't really have time to test it out in a comp setting(LNY celebration is like REALLY intense here), so not really a strong conclusion here.
mei will still be weak...

let's hope for an impact-full buff in the next months
02/17/2018 12:40 PMPosted by WhyAlwaysMe
I really like the 10 icicle buff

IMO this would increase a bit her DPS by raising her ammo efficiency without making her a sniper (MeiCree), but i think would be better raising a bit her base damage from 22 to 30 at least because is not much 22 damage (44 vs 60 damage for an headshot)

02/17/2018 12:40 PMPosted by WhyAlwaysMe
(LNY celebration is like REALLY intense here

What do you mean?
BTW the buff to the slow effect of Mei it's not very bad because if someone escapes you have a bit more possibilities to catch him and freeze him a bit more reliably. About the escape abilities there are 2 thesis:
  • Mei should reduce the effect of movement abilities because they're part of movement system of the hero, and they should slow down with the hero
  • Mei shouldn't reduce the effect of movement abilities because those are special abilities and when the enemy escapes he done his job, if you can take him down ok, if not wait someone that will kill him
  • BTW the time will say, and we hope to see Mei more viable the next season. I expect also many bug fixes
    A̶l̶l̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶B̶l̶i̶z̶z̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶M̶e̶i̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶l̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶l̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶U̶p̶r̶i̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶7̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶.̶
    04/15/2017 02:48 AMPosted by Max Thompson
    04/15/2017 02:14 AMPosted by Mel
    Her ultimate used to activate even if cast right before death instead of refunded. The bug made it disappear. Now she gets refunded but it's not how it functioned before the bug was present.

Hope this makes sense, thank you ^^

If that has been fixed as well then my bad!
    I understand. The fix to the bug changed the functionality and added a cast time to her ability. There is now a window in which she can die before the cast time completes, but if this occurs the ultimate should be refunded. If you have feedback on the way that this ability was modified, I highly encourage you to voice your opinion on the General Forums.
    This was an undocumented fix btw.

But making it also cancelable with the Junkenstein 2017 event made it a lot worse.
    It's a nerf it didn't needed.
    Now is it possible to cancel an already thrown ultimate:

https://streamable.com/kpw7z

It used to work like this:
    https://youtu.be/OAkurw65x-4
    And:
    https://youtu.be/9CyDV95wJzw

E̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶v̶e̶r̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶e̶b̶s̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶M̶e̶i̶'̶s̶ ̶u̶l̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶:̶
    h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶p̶l̶a̶y̶o̶v̶e̶r̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶e̶n̶-̶u̶s̶/̶h̶e̶r̶o̶e̶s̶/̶m̶e̶i̶/̶

I'm surprised that they didn't buffed her ultimate on PTR.

Edit:
    It seems I was mistake.
    Even though a developer said that they increased Mei's ultimate cast time, after comparing 2015 footage with today's footage is it clear that the cast time hasn't changed.

Proof:
    https://streamable.com/r7b70
    02/18/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Bloggerman

Really, i don't know if we will see this issue fixed, but i found a bit misleading show a fast cast time drone in that video and find in game a slow cast time drone instead.
    All I want is Blizzard to fix Mei's cast time on her ultimate. It used to be way shorter.

It used to have almost no cast time. It was added to fix a bug that her ultimate had during the Uprising 2017 event.
    04/15/2017 02:48 AMPosted by Max Thompson
    ...I understand. The fix to the bug changed the functionality and added a cast time to her ability. There is now a window in which she can die before the cast time completes, but if this occurs the ultimate should be refunded. If you have feedback on the way that this ability was modified, I highly encourage you to voice your opinion on the General Forums.
    This was an undocumented fix btw.

But making it also cancelable with the Junkenstein 2017 event made it a lot worse.
    It's a nerf it didn't needed.
    Especially if it can cancel an already thrown ultimate:

https://streamable.com/kpw7z

It used to work like this:
    And:
    https://youtu.be/9CyDV95wJzw

Event the official Overwatch website has a video of Mei's ultimate with less cast time:
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/mei/

Honestly, she would feel great with a reduced cast-time on her ult to go with her current buffs on the ptr. I want the cryo favor the shooter mechanic adjusted to favor the caster, but I'd honestly be happy with reduced cast on ult, 10 secondary shots per reload, and the increased slow time. Just please fix the ult alongside those changes, as it's really inconsistent.
    Would be interesting if running over an ice trail fired at the ground gave her a very slight speed boost? Her primary fire is already short range, and it would give her an extra option for getting to the point a bit faster. D.Va has boosters, so does Rein, and Reaper has his teleport, as well as others.

Maybe even just ice in general, (no, not the entirety of eco point: Antarctica), but specifically, her own attacks that leaves trails of ice.

But sometimes, maybe a character doesn't need extra damage, or a massive reworking. Maybe a simple slight speed boost is all it takes.

My biggest issue personally, is that the ultimate doesn't align to slopped environments. It allows the enemy to completely avoid the attack., and it's supposed to be sprayed on the ground, so making a ring in mid air just doesn't make sense.

I once saw the entire ultimate activate mid-air.
    IMO this would increase a bit her DPS by raising her ammo efficiency without making her a sniper (MeiCree), but i think would be better raising a bit her base damage from 22 to 30 at least because is not much 22 damage (44 vs 60 damage for an headshot)
    I still don't really care about that till this day, probably due to my Mei play style. I will continue to take higher ice rate over it everyday :P

02/18/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Str1kernaut
    What do you mean?
    By LNY I mean Lunar New Year, it is pretty big in south-east asia. The major events are probably over now so I will have a bit more time on OW later on.
    *sigh*

I have finally uninstalled the game.

It's clear that devs have a different view of balancing and that player feedback is discarded. Bugs and underpowered heroes are ignored as long if they are not popular.

I'm just done with it. I need a break.

O, and we need to make a backup of the first post. Soon will this thread be removed because of the new forum. Old threads aren't transferred over. We need the backup of the first post if we want to create a new megathread.
    02/18/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Bloggerman
    *sigh*

It's clear that devs have a different view of balancing and that player feedback is discarded. Bugs and underpowered heroes are ignored as long if they are not popular.

O, and we need to make a backup of the first post. Soon will this thread be removed because of the new forum. Old threads aren't transferred over. We need the backup of the first post if we want to create a new megathread.

New forum?
    02/18/2018 07:13 AMPosted by MeiPureQT
    02/18/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Bloggerman
    *sigh*

New forum?
    You didn't knew?

Read this:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761366034
    Personally I don't care about the chance Mei can die in ult, I feel like the cast time is a fair counter to how powerful the ult can be.

What I really want for Mei, and what woudl make my Mei play feel better personally is:

1.) Remove Icicle falloff damage for headshots only. Mei's secondary fire is the only projectile with falloff, and as a defense hero it doesn't make any sense since defense is supposed to be home of the snipers, and literally every defense hero has better long range capability than Mei, even Torb.

I understand we don't want to step on Widowmaker's toes, but I feel like headshots with a projectile weapon at very long range deserve reward, and 150 damage is nothing compared to Widow's 300, especially when she has a hitscan weapon AND scope.

2.) Add a slow debuff to the Icicle shot

2.) Allow Cryofreeze to fully heal and reload ammo. I would also prefer if it didnt favor the shooter i.e. you couldnt be stunned out of it because of lag, but I could live with that if the first two were changed.

3.) Make the cooldown on Wall always 5 seconds.

Generally speaking I would like Mei's tank and utility aspects to be buffed the most i.e. CC, damage blocking and slow, and I could care less about the close range duelling.
    I need to apologize.

Even though a developer said that they increased Mei's ultimate cast time (read the developer post above), after comparing 2015 footage with today's footage is it clear that the cast time hasn't changed.

I was wrong. My sincerest apologies.

Proof of this:
    https://streamable.com/r7b70
    It seems I was mistake.
    Even though a developer said that they increased Mei's ultimate cast time, after comparing 2015 footage with today's footage is it clear that the cast time hasn't changed.

The thing that has changed is the duration

02/18/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Bloggerman
    You didn't knew?

Read this:

So, this means this thread will go away?
    I did a backup of the first 3 threads
    It seems I was mistake.

The thing that has changed is the duration
    I don't think that the duration has changed back then.

In the early days of Overwatch did it not matter if you died or not, your ultimate would still go off.

This is probably because it didn't had a cast time, but it did had a cast animation.
    I'm not certain, but this would also mean that Genji and Dva could cancel it before you even grabbed the robot.

By adding a cast time could Dva and Genji not interact with anymore until mei threw it. But this also means that it also wont go off if you died in the cast animation.

And with the changes of the Junkerstein 2017 event, can heroes with stun abilities cancel it, even if you already threw it. This needs to be addressed.
    02/18/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Str1kernaut
    You didn't knew?

Read this:

So, this means this thread will go away?
    I did a backup of the first 3 threads
    Good.
    We need that for a new Mei-gathread.
    Hey guys I came up with another idea for Mei's Cryofreeze in another thread and I really wanted to see what you guys thought.

What if Cryofreeze had a variable cooldown from 3-12 seconds depending on how much she's used it
    , like the wall. SO:

-up 25% of the duration (1 second or less use), 25% of the cd (3s)
    -up 50% of the duration (~1-2s use), 50% of the cd (6s)
    -up to 75% use (3 seconds), 75% cd (9s)
    -More than 75% use (3+ seconds), full cooldown (12s)

What do you all think? I'd really like to see a change like this for Cryofreeze, even not exactly this but just someway for the usage to be tied to the cooldown.

It would not only do something to fix the stunning-out-of-cryo thing, but would also allow Mei to heal more, and therefore tank more. Would also present Mei players with more choices to make, expanding her skill ceiling.
    You didn't knew?

Read this:
    Goodness I really haven't noticed it. I got so much hard work here that I'll have to back it up before "tomorrow"(it's 19th in my time zone).

Also Bloggerman wish you have a good break, I will miss you
    02/18/2018 09:16 AMPosted by WhyAlwaysMe
    You didn't knew?

Read this:
    Goodness I really haven't noticed it. I got so much hard work here that I'll have to back it up before "tomorrow"(it's 19th in my time zone).

Also Bloggerman wish you have a good break, I will miss you

Thanks.

I will still be active on the forums, but not in the game.
    I just need a break from the game.