[Mei-gathread] Favor the shooter cryo = tuscanian rage

General Discussion
Prev 1 68 69 70 148 Next
12/03/2017 08:39 AMPosted by WhyAlwaysMe
Proof of Mei's ult being line of sight

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/52nhyy/tip_mei_ult_is_line_of_sight_and_can_be_avoided/

This is year old footage, but the ult is still LOS.

There was another one that someone posted with it going under the Hanamura bell so effecting nobody, but they seem to have deleted the source.

I think it is intended, because freezing through a wall is not really what it should do. However, freezing through and obstacles that is within the ult area could be implemented, but I guess it is not easy workings

Yeah I'm guessing so, it seems hard to balance this, but it should freeze through obstacles within the area of effect.

Also, updated the post with a couple more bugs
12/03/2017 08:43 AMPosted by GhostofKafka

Could you suggest to add them in the Mei bugs thread on Reddit?
12/03/2017 09:07 AMPosted by Str1kernaut
12/03/2017 08:43 AMPosted by GhostofKafka

Could you suggest to add them in the Mei bugs thread on Reddit?

Sure thing, although the thread seems to get quite a few responses, so hopefully it doesn't get buried.
I have a theory: devs didn't replied about the Mei status because they're doing an internal test and probably huge changes. What do you think?
12/03/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Str1kernaut
I have a theory: devs didn't replied about the Mei status because they're doing an internal test and probably huge changes. What do you think?

I think it's gonna be the best change ever because it has been a year and a half without them saying a damn thing about Mei.
They are just not giving a damn about her in favour of popular heroes that give them material for the OWL highlight reel. And they will continue to do so because Mei can prevent those popular heroes from doing them so, screw us Mei players.

I'm pretty hopeful about this. I mean, it's almost the winter event and we have the chinese new year afterwards. This is the most important time of the year for Mei, so it would be a shame if nobody wanted to play her. The bug fix while minor was an olive branch though, so hopefully they are in the process of doing more for her.
12/03/2017 10:06 AMPosted by GhostofKafka
I'm pretty hopeful about this. I mean, it's almost the winter event and we have the chinese new year afterwards. This is the most important time of the year for Mei, so it would be a shame if nobody wanted to play her.

Do you remember the Sym rework? It arrived as a bolt from the blue. I think the same thing will happen to Mei, with the difference probably she will not be extremely reworked.
Hm...changes could be interesting. On the topic of changes let's see what she can actually get :

1. Bug Fixes
pretty straight forward, everybody loves that

2. QoL Changes(potentially also buffs)
Stuff like remove jumping wear, able to destroy wall after dead, etc

3. Balance Changes
Numerical tweaking, like increase damage, reduce range and stuff. Sometimes could change the hero's playstyle

4. Ability Reworks
Stuff like D.Va's DM becomes resource-based, and Torb's new scrap mechanics

5. New ability
Replacing an existing one with a new one, probably because the old one is not good

6. Rebalancing
Similar to Lucio 2.0 and the current Bastion, which changes the attributes of the old kit. Results are kind of unknown though

7. Total Rework
There is that ONE hero who has gone through this process, the results are still controversial till this day

Personally I don't have an answer on which type of changes I want, but improving her such that she is better as and against is probably the final goal for everyone here.
My ultimate Mei-rework would look something like this (bits and pieces from other posts):

1) Bug fixes: Priority nr 1!!! Fixing her known bugs, which cripple her playstyle.

2) Frost stream: make her left-click hitscan, and delete the total freeze effect.
Replace it with a bigger slow effect (that lingers for a bit) and disables movement abilities after 0.8 sec (to give them time to get out if they react fast enough). This gives her a true role of anti-flanker. A bit of extra damage would be appreciated as well.

3) increase the minimum damage on her right click (max range) to 35/40.

4) Ice wall: add an extra pillar for more versatility. Add an indicator for the allied teamembers as well.

5) cryo-freeze: cut the time in the ice-block to 3 sec, and increase her healing accordingly. Make her reload her gun over time in cryo-freeze.

6) Blizzard: make the thrown ultimate act like a grenade and activate regardless of mei's life. Make the ult freeze a tad faster as well. It's too escapable right now.
Hey folks thanks for the well written post and great discussion. Please continue to use this thread for Mei discussion and we’ll monitor it. Cheers.
Highly Rated
12/03/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey folks thanks for the well written post and great discussion. Please continue to use this thread for Mei discussion and we’ll monitor it. Cheers.
Wow, you actually responded. It's something at least.

Glad to see you are keeping tabs of our discussion. Thank you for letting us know!
About time.

Edit: let's be clear I'm glad blizzard finally responded. BUt it took over 2 months, and 1500 comments on a well thought out post to finally get a response. And I know this isn't the only Mei mega-thread. I'm sure the devs read the forums, certainly not daily, but the only evidence that they read our comments is little tidbits like this that come months after the problem has been caught by the playerbase, and that isn't okay.

Look at all of the Mercy mega-threads. 7000 comments over 3 different threads, and not one response to any of the comments or suggestions.

There have been at least 2 Doomfist Mega threads of about a thousand each, and only after someone called out Jeff on not paying attention to Doomfist, and two incredibly detailed bug posts after almost 6 months of being useless does he start getting addressed.

Theres a Symmetra thread with 2000 comments on the front page, and any acknowledgement to that would be wonderful.

I'm glad Mei is finally getting recognized. But it shouldn't have taken this long.

I love you pappy
A-Mei-Zing!

I love playing Mei and I'm happy they responded

WE DID IT! I can't believe it!
Senpai noticed us
God, I got so nervous when I saw the little blue logo by the thread name. That's pretty great.

YES !
11/24/2017 11:08 AMPosted by Str1kernaut
11/24/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Symmetra
#buffthedevil

Stop with the "Mei Satan" meme, i think this is one of the primary reasons why Mei hasn't seen a buff yet.
That is not a reason why she hasn't gotten buffed yet.... the dev team doesn't look at what memes each heroes have them decided who is going to get a buff. Look at bastion everyone hates him and he got a buff did all the bastion memes stop him from getting a buff?