Audio Stuttering\Distortion on Windows 10

Technical Support
1 2 3 5 Next
Hey all!

Currently we've been seeing many reports coming in regarding audio stuttering\distortion when playing Overwatch. This is something that we're currently looking into and would like some more info that we can pass onto our QA team. With that said, if you are experiencing this issue on Windows 10, we are looking to collect Windows Feedback Hub links. Info on how to obtain those can be found here*. Please email those only those links to techinfo@blizzard.com and we'll pass those along! Please use the following subject format: OW Audio Stuttering - [forum name]

*Note that the reports do not need to be submitted through the Feedback Hub. Reproducing the issue while the Feedback Hub is monitoring should capture the info we need. From there, look for the "Copy link" button. This is the link we are looking for.

Update 10/20
We're still currently collecting reports on this issue. Along with the Windows Hub link, please also attach a DxDiag report to the email.
Thank you for your help and atention. Hope that you guys find the root of this issue :D
You guys don't test the patches before release??? I mean, if it is some new stuff that is not working properly is one thing but messing up with stuff that was working just fine... I can't take that. Every single patch you guys mess up something that was working just fine... before this one was the voice chat error, after that the auto join was not working on group chat and now this... Come on, be more professional guys, you have been doing this for a while now, is time to stop those mistakes. It is always like that... I'm tired contacting support, getting a bunch of excuses to blame my computer for the problems when 98% of the time is a patch issue. Get your stuff together!!!!
Yea, hit markers don't appear or can be heard (same with headshots)
Inconsistent voice-line playment in client-side chat, like pressing z for your ult and on your side the game acts like it didn't happen. Tracer's recall sound and visual missing, same for sombra. Also ults are not heard from some enemies.

Mine isn't Windows 10 related its recent patch related, heres other ppl having the same issue:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759056064#post-1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759257513#post-3

Heres some examples I got for you guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kX9pIWOIsU&t=0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gulRcAFRc&t=0s
If you guys have those problems, please do as Blizzard says to help them get the logs, so they can fix this issues :D
09/29/2017 10:46 AMPosted by ZodiHD
Yea, hit markers don't appear or can be heard (same with headshots)
Inconsistent voice-line playment in client-side chat, like pressing z for your ult and on your side the game acts like it didn't happen. Tracer's recall sound and visual missing, same for sombra. Also ults are not heard from some enemies.

Mine isn't Windows 10 related its recent patch related, heres other ppl having the same issue:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759056064#post-1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759257513#post-3

Heres some examples I got for you guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kX9pIWOIsU&t=0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gulRcAFRc&t=0s

Your videos are great proof of what is happening. Maybe opening a support ticket with them is the best way for you to send them those videos, or at least try to catch up the logs as they say on first post and send to them.
09/29/2017 07:31 PMPosted by Pirilampus

Your videos are great proof of what is happening. Maybe opening a support ticket with them is the best way for you to send them those videos, or at least try to catch up the logs as they say on first post and send to them.

I have no-idea how to do that, but I have been posting the vids in almost every thread talking about this problem.
I saw this in another post.

Close overwatch and related apps.
Go to documents/overwatch/settings and delete the settings_v0.ini file . It gets regenerated on launching the game.

This worked for me. Thanks to the clever person who first posted this.
10/02/2017 02:30 PMPosted by ZodiHD
09/29/2017 07:31 PMPosted by Pirilampus

I have no-idea how to do that, but I have been posting the vids in almost every thread talking about this problem.

Did you never opened a support ticket before? It's easy, on top right of this page, there is a support button. From there, it's only following the steps where they ask what kind of problem do you have, in which game, and then they ask you to write about your problem and submit your ticket. After that, you have to wait for someone at blizzard to give it a look.
10/04/2017 08:25 AMPosted by HolyCow

Go to documents/overwatch/settings and delete the settings_v0.ini file . It gets regenerated on launching the game.

Already tried that. Didn't work :(
Does the audio stuttering has something to do with randomly dropping fps? Recently my fps can randomly drops to 10 or lower and the audio is also laggy too.
I've been trying to do this, but it seems that whenever I hit Send/Submit, the recorded feedback footage just disappears from the feedback ticket. Are they somehow invisible/hidden for privacy reasons or am I !@#$ing something up?
OH well... So I wrote this to another topic.

Following issues can come up:
Windows 10 software - update
Headset software - update - problems with windows 10 audio software
Other communication progs such as Discord - discord never liked OW - since it is used by a lot of gamers Blizz should try to look at this issue with them if possible. Or develop a user friendly surface that is reachable for multiple peeps who just want to idle in a team chat to get to know new players.

Windows 10 comms settings set to lower volume when communication ongoing - I've already disabled this.

My biggest fear is that every new device such as headphoens, mouse, keyboard requires its own driver to run ... I dont like this. Windows does not likes this either. My previous headset had constant setting issues because of the Realtek audio driver... tried to remove it / worked for a while but still came up as an issue... Now with my new headset some of the issues seem to be solved, but still not completly solved. I dont even know why windows keeps realtek included when nothing uses this driver anymore... and it causes a lot of trouble. Also almost impossible to get rid of it.

Now, the muffled ultimate sounds are terribbly irritating. But at least it does not drops volume level every second moment cause my current headseet's driver builds into my system well.

The Atmos never worked for me. I am not even sure what sounds should I have been hearing with it but for me it sounds like the whole game is underwater - I don't like that.

I already disabled my headsets 7.1 dolby sounding too because it was really irritating.

I hope blizz can solve this but I'm afraid this might not even be a problem with them but a general Windows 10 issue, at least for me...
10/04/2017 08:25 AMPosted by HolyCow

This only resets your settings. Nothing else.
Another thing I tried is to disable audio devices to be taken control over by other programs. Not sure if it is better or worse :/
I also have just installed this version of overwatch since its a new laptop. But had some issues with the old one too.

I might need to revisit my audio drivers and audio settings.

But if the problems comes from Discord, then I dunno :I

I dont use skype but since its windows 10 its integrated to my system. However it is not turned on (or at least I hope so.)
Hello o/

I've not seen any mention of this in today patch notes, did you managed to isolate this bug ?

*cheers*

EDIT : I've tested in game, it still happens. We'll need to be a little more patient.
I also have this problem. It's not only on Windows 10, it happens on Windows 7 too. I hope you find a fix soon because it's gamebreaking for me. Can't play :/
Yeah, I'm on windows 8 and it still happens </3
Guys do what is said on first post. If you have troubles getting the "link" you have to submit it first. Only after that you have the access to the link that you want. At least this happened to me.