Genji vs Mercy

General Discussion
Genji Mains: "If swift strike doesnt reset on kill him ulting would be useless."

Wouldnt that be the same for Mercy?

What is the point of her ulting if she still has to wait for her rez to be available?

If anything this makes Mercys hide till they have Ult to fly upwards and Rez from above since they have no reset or reduction. She will be doing the same thing she did before. She was nerfed bc of her hiding.
genji is a little special snowflake that blizzard doesint want to hurt

he can reset his dash when he gets a kill/assist unlike mercy res in the ptr

his ult doesint get inttuerupted when he gets flashed unlike the upcoming lucio

his deflect his box is as big as reinhardt

im losing faith in this game honestly if this keeps going just delete the support and tank section and be done with it
10/05/2017 12:34 AMPosted by DZerk

im losing faith in this game honestly if this keeps going just delete the support and tank section and be done with it

PTR was supposed to be used to try out different changes. Genji should be changed on PTR to see how much it might affect him.

Not even trying to change him on ptr is ridiculous.
No, Mercy can still benefit from her ult by flying/chain healing/boosting/increasing speed/increasing her survival but the swift strike reset is a mechanic that Genji desperately needs to have when he ulted.It's his main source of kit, without resets he is nothing, he can't chase any targets.You people are just mindless witch hunting sheeps that cry about every thing.
The thing is, in a backwards kind of way, Mercy's pre-nerf ult is like a soft counter to Genji's ult. If she can ult and get out of range from Genji, she should have rez refreshed to rez one of his kills. it's not like she can mass rez the kills instantly either, she has to fly around for 10 seconds every rez. To make the most out of her ult, she might even fly in and risk a dragonblade to get that first rez in.

Know what I have noticed? DPS do not aim for Mercy when she's skybound, and that's a failing on their part. They might try for like 2 seconds, and then give up. I've watched my own DPS do this while trying to kill ulting Mercy as Zen. Mercy shouldn't be nerfed so hard because people are failing to kill her when she's up there.

edit: This opinion is strictly about the ult nerf I've been hearing about, in context of her ult acting as a potential soft-counter against Genji's dragonblade. Haven't looked into any other nerfs that might be applied to her.
10/05/2017 12:40 AMPosted by OBLIVION
No, Mercy can still benefit from her ult by flying/chain healing/boosting/increasing speed/increasing her survival but the swift strike reset is a mechanic that Genji desperately needs to have when he ulted.It's his main source of kit, without resets he is nothing, he can't chase any targets.You people are just mindless witch hunting sheeps that cry about every thing.

Genji can still deflect (even melee)/move faster/wallclimb away from danger/shuriken without fall off(like hanzo arrows)/ slice people with a sword even without you being in his line of sight.

I did say make changes on PTR to see how much it would affect him.
Apples and oranges op.
10/05/2017 12:37 AMPosted by jvilla225
10/05/2017 12:34 AMPosted by DZerk

PTR was supposed to be used to try out different changes. Genji should be changed on PTR to see how much it might affect him.

he isn't getting changed because he isn't op, it's pretty simple
10/05/2017 01:01 AMPosted by awrrawr
10/05/2017 12:37 AMPosted by jvilla225

So high movement speed. Abilities that help you offensively and defensively. Wallclimb and shurikens with no drop off like arrows. And a Sephiroth like sword that slices people who arent even in you LoS isnt OP?
10/05/2017 01:01 AMPosted by Krombopulos
Apples and oranges op.

Genji is treated uniquely to his benefit in basically every area.
Big hitboxes are fine on him, but not Doomfist.
Bad ults should be punishable on basically everyone, but not Genji.
Even ultimates can't go through barriers, except Genji's.
Every hero has, at most, one passive, but Genji gets three.
D.Va needs a DM nerf, making a tank's defensive damage-eating ability have the same uptime as Genji's defensive deflection ability.
Just because you don't like genji doesn't mean he is unbalanced. Please use statistical facts and data to support your claim, just like the people who were asking for mercy nerfs did tjey produced data suggesting she might be op.

If you had attempted to research the data we have available to us it doesn't look like genji is even close to op. Stunningly average., or at least the numbers say
keep trying to call her not OP all you want, you're just making mercy mains look dumb, good job :(
10/05/2017 01:05 AMPosted by jvilla225
10/05/2017 01:01 AMPosted by awrrawr

So high movement speed. Abilities that help you offensively and defensively. Wallclimb and shurikens with no drop off like arrows. And a Sephiroth like sword that slices people who arent even in you LoS isnt OP?

Shurikens are amongst the slowest projectiles in the game and require not only aim but the ability to predict where someone will be the next moment in order to hit them all (unless on melee range in which case, melee and shurikens are easy to hit at the cost of being exposed to the enemy). Wallclimb is similar to mercy's Guardian Angel. Mercy's beam can heal without los also.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Shurikens are amongst the slowest projectiles in the game and require not only aim but the ability to predict where someone will be the next moment in order to hit them all (unless on melee range in which case, melee and shurikens are easy to hit at the cost of being exposed to the enemy). Wallclimb is similar to mercy's Guardian Angel. Mercy's beam can heal without los also.

Then again her healing doesnt have a potential team whipe without LoS.

I would say his double jump is more like her GA.

You dont have to predict when you have 3 shurikens thrown in order vertically or horizontally.

Getting in close proximity doesnt matter bc you can deflect even melee damage. Then quickly strike through the enemy and double jump into a wallclimb to get out of danger.
10/05/2017 12:31 AMPosted by jvilla225
Genji Mains: "If swift strike doesnt reset on kill him ulting would be useless."

Wouldnt that be the same for Mercy?

What is the point of her ulting if she still has to wait for her rez to be available?

If anything this makes Mercys hide till they have Ult to fly upwards and Rez from above since they have no reset or reduction. She will be doing the same thing she did before. She was nerfed bc of her hiding.
Idk why they nerfed that portion of her Rez tbh. It just feels clunky lol. But hey, I guess now non-Genji mains can understand what we mean by "this is super clunky" when we're talking about something that is in fact super clunky
Shurikens are amongst the slowest projectiles in the game and require not only aim but the ability to predict where someone will be the next moment in order to hit them all .

So Genji's aim is skill, but Junkrat's was spam and aimless LOL
10/05/2017 02:00 AMPosted by ExVirgo
Shurikens are amongst the slowest projectiles in the game and require not only aim but the ability to predict where someone will be the next moment in order to hit them all .

Lmao

I mean they bounce off of walls lol. That's why people say they don't require skill, because a lot of the time they don't.

A lot of the time you're killed by a grenade that was fired off 3 decades ago randomly instead of one where the Junkrat tried leading the shot and succeeded.

Hell, more times than not I'm just double mine'd and that's that lol.
I mean they bounce off of walls lol. That's why people say they don't require skill, because a lot of the time they don't.

A lot of the time you're killed by a grenade that was fired off 3 decades ago randomly instead of one where the Junkrat tried leading the shot and succeeded.

Hell, more times than not I'm just double mine'd and that's that lol.

Isnt that more skillful? Firing a nade onto the wall have it bounce and damage the enemy?

Back in CoD those were called Bank Shots i think lol
genji, along with tracer, will not get the same treatment because he is what overwatch esports is about, and sadly that's seems to be the only thing that the overwatch team cares about now. never mind the casual players.