Genji vs Mercy

General Discussion
10/05/2017 01:05 AMPosted by jvilla225
10/05/2017 01:01 AMPosted by awrrawr
he isn't getting changed because he isn't op, it's pretty simple

So high movement speed. Abilities that help you offensively and defensively. Wallclimb and shurikens with no drop off like arrows. And a Sephiroth like sword that slices people who arent even in you LoS isnt OP?
genji is the 3rd most picked dps behind soldier and junkrat, and he has exactly a 50% win rate.
His shurikens move slow and are easily dodgeable at range, his sword NOT hit targets that arent los you're lying to yourself if you say that.
Just because he counters your main it doesn't make hin op.
10/05/2017 02:49 AMPosted by awrrawr

So high movement speed. Abilities that help you offensively and defensively. Wallclimb and shurikens with no drop off like arrows. And a Sephiroth like sword that slices people who arent even in you LoS isnt OP?
genji is the 3rd most picked dps behind soldier and junkrat, and he has exactly a 50% win rate.
His shurikens move slow and are easily dodgeable at range, his sword NOT hit targets that arent los you're lying to yourself if you say that.

He doesnt slice you up even though you arent in his line of sight? Are you joking? Look at any genji play and itll be him dashing and slicing away at people he cant even see and get elims off of it.
<span class="truncated">...</span> genji is the 3rd most picked dps behind soldier and junkrat, and he has exactly a 50% win rate.

He doesnt slice you up even though you arent in his line of sight? Are you joking? Look at any genji play and itll be him dashing and slicing away at people he cant even see and get elims off of it.

Not the case, but he does have an active hitbox on it meaning he can swipe as he swings effectively making the hitbox larger, but nowhere near the extent that reinhardt can.
To top it off his winrate is inflated due to the fact that 90% of smurfs play him in lower skill brackets for wins because they can't in their main.
But explain to me how a hero that isn't picked the most and has a 50% winrate is op please with actual facts this time. Oh wait you can't because it isn't true.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not the case, but he does have an active hitbox on it meaning he can swipe as he swings effectively making the hitbox larger, but nowhere near the extent that reinhardt can.
To top it off his winrate is inflated due to the fact that 90% of smurfs play him in lower skill brackets for wins because they can't in their main.
But explain to me how a hero that isn't picked the most and has a 50% winrate is op please with actual facts this time. Oh wait you can't because it isn't true.

Ive already meantioned it earlier. All his abilities and how they can be used offensively or defensively. His passives. Not to mention his deflect hitbox and how his "counters" dont really counter him bc of his mobility and how he can use his abilities in a defensive manner too.

Let me just try to melt him with symmetra...oh right he dashed away then double jumped into a walclimb. Same thing with mei or winston.

Ive already meantioned it earlier. All his abilities and how they can be used offensively or defensively. His passives. Not to mention his deflect hitbox and how his "counters" dont really counter him bc of his mobility and how he can use his abilities in a defensive manner too.

Let me just try to melt him with symmetra...oh right he dashed away then double jumped into a walclimb. Same thing with mei or winston.
but at that point you have done your job, countering a hero doesn't mean if he steps within 10 feet of me he gets deleted, it means he has a disadvantage in every 1v1 vs sym/winston and mccree, and Just by you simply being a counter already makes a genji play more defensive.

but at that point you have done your job, countering a hero doesn't mean if he steps within 10 feet of me he gets deleted, it means he has a disadvantage in every 1v1 vs sym/winston and mccree, and Just by you simply being a counter already makes a genji play more defensive.

Dont even get me started with Mccree. The so called "counter dive" which gets easily killed by the people he is supposed to be countering.

Reaper counters tanks. He deletes them.

Winston counters widow he deletes her.

Tracer and genji counters healers they delete them.

Why shouldnt genjis "counters" delete him and only scare him off?
10/05/2017 01:13 AMPosted by Psychokraken

Shurikens are amongst the slowest projectiles in the game and require not only aim but the ability to predict where someone will be the next moment in order to hit them all (unless on melee range in which case, melee and shurikens are easy to hit at the cost of being exposed to the enemy). Wallclimb is similar to mercy's Guardian Angel. Mercy's beam can heal without los also.
So basically like EVERY OTHER PROJECTILE HERO IN THE GAME. Only difference being you have to compensate for travel time more which isn't hard at all, if anything it's easier.
<span class="truncated">...</span> but at that point you have done your job, countering a hero doesn't mean if he steps within 10 feet of me he gets deleted, it means he has a disadvantage in every 1v1 vs sym/winston and mccree, and Just by you simply being a counter already makes a genji play more defensive.

Dont even get me started with Mccree. The so called "counter dive" which gets easily killed by the people he is supposed to be countered.

Winston does not delete widow after her buff she can simply kite and run away, reaper does not delete tanks and loses 1v1s to more skilled roadhogs and is countered by tanks with armour, and supports lucio especially, can run away from tracer and genji to get help. You're lying to yourself
10/05/2017 12:45 AMPosted by jvilla225
10/05/2017 12:40 AMPosted by OBLIVION
No, Mercy can still benefit from her ult by flying/chain healing/boosting/increasing speed/increasing her survival but the swift strike reset is a mechanic that Genji desperately needs to have when he ulted.It's his main source of kit, without resets he is nothing, he can't chase any targets.You people are just mindless witch hunting sheeps that cry about every thing.

Genji can still deflect (even melee)/move faster/wallclimb away from danger/shuriken without fall off(like hanzo arrows)/ slice people with a sword even without you being in his line of sight.

I did say make changes on PTR to see how much it would affect him.

Genji can't compete with rest of the cast without his resets, Blizz should just rework him if they remove his resets, his whole play style and character is based on the resets.Without them what is he supposed to do?Stay at the backline and shoot people with his miserable shurikens and compete with McCree and S76 or dive to a low health enemy to confirm a kill and can't get out?Oh yeah why not use him as a tank by deflecting in the frontline?This change can also render his ult useless, hold left click whole duration?How useful right?Mercy can still compete with other supports but Genji can't out perform any of DPS cast, even Sombra, if resets are removed.You are just being narrow minded.
10/05/2017 03:21 AMPosted by awrrawr

Dont even get me started with Mccree. The so called "counter dive" which gets easily killed by the people he is supposed to be countered.

Winston does not delete widow after her buff she can simply kite and run away, reaper does not delete tanks and loses 1v1s to more skilled roadhogs and is countered by tanks with armour, and supports lucio especially, can run away from tracer and genji to get help. You're lying to yourself

Her hook is on 8 second cd winstons leap is on a 5 second.

He deletes tanks besides roady? You only mentioned him. Even then reaper has a better sustain bc of his passive.

You named lucio as the only one to get away but ignored how mercy ana and zenyatta are easily killed by those two?

The only one lying to themselves is you.
10/05/2017 03:28 AMPosted by OBLIVION
10/05/2017 12:45 AMPosted by jvilla225

Genji can still deflect (even melee)/move faster/wallclimb away from danger/shuriken without fall off(like hanzo arrows)/ slice people with a sword even without you being in his line of sight.

I did say make changes on PTR to see how much it would affect him.

Genji can't compete with rest of the cast without his resets, Blizz should just rework him if they remove his resets, his whole play style and character is based on the resets.Without them what is he supposed to do?Stay at the backline and shoot people with his miserable shurikens and compete with McCree and S76 or dive to a low health enemy to confirm a kill and can't get out?Oh yeah why not use him as a tank by deflecting in the frontline?This change can also render his ult useless, hold left click whole duration?How useful right?Mercy can still compete with other supports but Genji can't out perform any of DPS cast, even Sombra, if resets are removed.You are just being narrow minded.

He has one reset. It even counts his assists as kills which give him the reset. His mobility is already better than some of the other dps. His double jump and wall climb give him extra survivability. His deflect can be used offensively and defensively given his hitbox. He will still be useful. I remember some people talking about how if a hero is so dependant on an ability then it seems like a bad character design. Same would apply to genji. They said the same about rez and defense matrix. People still say it about scatter. This isnt any different.
wouldn't it be funny too change genji's ult like mercy's on the current ptr?

no more dash reset, but double dash range.

it's funny, cuz the ult duration is shorter then the CD itself!

He deletes tanks besides roady? You only mentioned him. Even then reaper has a better sustain bc of his passive.

You named lucio as the only one to get away but ignored how mercy ana and zenyatta are easily killed by those two?

seeing how you're low gold and i am gm, i know what I'm talking about. Ana can sleep flankers mercy can shift away, ana can kill them with lmb and nade. And genjis dash is on a longer cooldown than winstons jump, you counter him by diving him when you see him waste it like widow. And zen has the damage to fight back if you can aim. Sure they're counters but they aren't deleted.

Of course his win rate is only 50%, when there's a genji on both teams, one has to lose.

Don't be daft
10/05/2017 03:53 AMPosted by LastDragonTM
... genji is the 3rd most picked dps behind soldier and junkrat, and he has exactly a 50% win rate.

Of course his win rate is only 50%, when there's a genji on both teams, one has to lose.

Don't be daft

He is picked less than soldier and junkrat meaning he isnt on both teams every game, dont be daft.

seeing how you're low gold and i am gm, i know what I'm talking about. Ana can sleep flankers mercy can shift away, ana can kill them with lmb and nade. And genjis dash is on a longer cooldown than winstons jump, you counter him by diving him when you see him waste it like widow. And zen has the damage to fight back if you can aim. Sure they're counters but they aren't deleted.

Ahhh the ol' "people actually make sense when talking about a genji nerf so I shall use their rank as a way to make their opinion less credible" lmao

If you cant see how genji gets special treatment from the dev team youre blind and helpless.
10/05/2017 09:17 AMPosted by jvilla225
...seeing how you're low gold and i am gm, i know what I'm talking about. Ana can sleep flankers mercy can shift away, ana can kill them with lmb and nade. And genjis dash is on a longer cooldown than winstons jump, you counter him by diving him when you see him waste it like widow. And zen has the damage to fight back if you can aim. Sure they're counters but they aren't deleted.

Ahhh the ol' "people actually make sense when talking about a genji nerf so I shall use their rank as a way to make their opinion less credible" lmao

If you cant see how genji gets special treatment from the dev team youre blind and helpless.

use numbers to back your claim, genji was BELOW 50% winrate for most of september, and now is at 50% even, he IS NOT the most picked dps, thus meaning he IS NOT overpowered. that's like me asking for a reinhardt nerf when he is the 3rd most picked tank.
...I mean they bounce off of walls lol. That's why people say they don't require skill, because a lot of the time they don't.

A lot of the time you're killed by a grenade that was fired off 3 decades ago randomly instead of one where the Junkrat tried leading the shot and succeeded.

Hell, more times than not I'm just double mine'd and that's that lol.

Isnt that more skillful? Firing a nade onto the wall have it bounce and damage the enemy?

Back in CoD those were called Bank Shots i think lol
They definitely are, but there aren't a lot of situations where that's the mindset of the player. Most of the time it's spam spam spam, change direction slightly, spam some more, repeat until successful. Know what I mean?

What you're referring to is definitely correct. In CoD and OW, being able to do that with the intention of doing it and succeeding is skillful. However just spamming into oblivion and getting bank shots by virtue of idle left clicking is not.
Comparing Rez to Dash. Just LOL- these Genji nerf threads get more pathetic every day.

That being said, I'm completely for Valkyrie resetting Rez.
Genji vs Mercy

Genji is allowed to have a grossly high pick rate because he's DPS. Mercy has a high pick rate, but because she's support, she gets burned at the stake.