Why are non event skins included in event loot boxes!?

General Discussion
I've opened up 24 loot boxes since the start of this event and the first legendary I get is Firefighter Mei?! Why is this still a thing after so many freaking events?! THIS EVENT ONLY HAS LEGENDARY SKINS! Meaning the amount of time it takes to get ANY skin is even longer than usual because legendary loot takes forever to get. I'm sure my next legendary will be a god awful duplicate that won't give me the right amount of credits that should be applied during events since the skins are 2x the usual cost. This is so discouraging for players that want to earn cosmetics through gameplay. Another thing is why are icon duplicates 15 credits while duplicate voice lines are 5 credits when those actually cost credits?! So frustrating.
Well I grinded 20+ boxes already and didn't get even a purple halloween skin. :(

Still I decided to support the game development and bought some boxes.
Because event lootboxes are described as "Contains at least 1 item from the seasonal event". It doesn't mean which rarity would be an event one.

Edit- You can downvote me all you want, but I'm not wrong
  • Each Halloween Loot Box contains a combination of up to four cosmetic items and/or in-game credits, including a minimum of one Halloween Terror event item.
  • https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-loot-box?blzcmp=ow_halloweenterror_lootboxbottom
    To dilute the prize pool so you don't get what you want.
    My golden Mei gun alt really wants the Mei skin + emote.

So far I have received Young Hanzo, Gearbot Bastion and Islander Roadhog, and no other legendaries. Sad day.

On another note, it seems that they have not applied the new lootbox system to event items. My main account has all commons/rares in the game, and all event skins. I miss a total of maybe 20 legendary skins. Yesterday I unboxed a dupe Witch Mercy.
    10/12/2017 10:25 PMPosted by gambler
    Well I grinded 20+ boxes already and didn't get even a purple halloween skin. :(

I bought Halloween loot last year because I was on vacation unable to play for the first week. Earning skins through gameplay or even paying for them should be more fair. If I paid for loot this event the chances of me even getting 1-2 skins would be unlikely considering how every single skin this year is legendary and I already have all of last years skins. If you pay or play for loot boxes during an event you should be guaranteed to not get skins outside of that event. It's just shady and unfair as only giving 200 credits for duplicate legendaries.
    10/12/2017 10:28 PMPosted by Rain3d
    My golden Mei gun alt really wants the Mei skin + emote.

So far I have received Young Hanzo, Gearbot Bastion and Islander Roadhog, and no other legendaries. Sad day.

On another note, it seems that they have not applied the new lootbox system to event items. My main account has all commons/rares in the game, and all event skins. I miss a total of maybe 20 legendary skins. Yesterday I unboxed a dupe Witch Mercy.

You're saying you've gotten only 3 non event legendary skins during this event? That is insanely unfair!
    10/12/2017 10:32 PMPosted by divaonline

I bought Halloween loot last year because I was on vacation unable to play for the first week. Earning skins through gameplay or even paying for them should be more fair. If I paid for loot this event the chances of me even getting 1-2 skins would be unlikely considering how every single skin this year is legendary and I already have all of last years skins. If you pay or play for loot boxes during an event you should be guaranteed to not get skins outside of that event. It's just shady and unfair as only giving 200 credits for duplicate legendaries.

If you have last year's skins you have a huge advantage as the system won't give you duplicate legendary skins unless you already got them all. Apparently the same applies to other rarities. Last summer event I got all legendary skins without any duplicate.
    10/12/2017 10:48 PMPosted by gambler
    10/12/2017 10:32 PMPosted by divaonline

If you have last year's skins you have a huge advantage as the system won't give you duplicate legendary skins unless you already got them all. Apparently the same applies to other rarities. Last summer event I got all legendary skins without any duplicate.

We'll see about that because during every event I've gotten a crap ton of duplicate legendaries. Cyber Hanzo twice, Santa Torb 3 times, Cyberian zarya twice, etc.
    Short answer: So desperate people will spend more money on lootboxes.

i genuinely doubt that you didn't at the least get 1 epic from halloween after 20+ lootboxes, suggesting that you haven't played the event before. i'm pretty sure some people downplay their winnings in lootboxes to serious degree just so it sounds super dire.
    Because the point of loot boxes is to make money off people buying them.
    10/12/2017 10:59 PMPosted by Kekstarter

Genius I would've never guessed that. Doesn't make it right or fair for people paying or people gaining them through loot boxes.
    10/12/2017 11:01 PMPosted by divaonline
    10/12/2017 10:59 PMPosted by Kekstarter

Genius I would've never guessed that. Doesn't make it right or fair for people paying or people gaining them through loot boxes.

The loot box system is never meant to be fair. You either literally have to play 24/7 to get all the skins you want or you pay money. And even when you pay there's still big chance that you won't get what you want. The system is cancer.
    10/12/2017 11:04 PMPosted by Kekstarter
    10/12/2017 11:01 PMPosted by divaonline

The loot box system is never meant to be fair. You either literally have to play 24/7 to get all the skins you want or you pay money. And even when you pay there's still big chance that you won't get what you want. The system is cancer.

Completely agree!
    10/12/2017 10:56 PMPosted by WhateverAlex

i genuinely doubt that you didn't at the least get 1 epic from halloween after 20+ lootboxes, suggesting that you haven't played the event before. i'm pretty sure some people downplay their winnings in lootboxes to serious degree just so it sounds super dire.

Got Frank Hog on 27h box, before that, none epic or legendary skin. For real.

Got some epic emotes though.
    I bought 24 lootboxes and from it got Cultist, Corsair, Viking, and Van Helsing. I bought Dragon and Mei’s skin.
    You people won't be happy until they make an event where you sign on, and get a single free loot box that contains all 100 event items in it.

Part of what makes content good is exclusivity. If everyone gets everything with no effort, then it's not as appealing to most people. No one cares if you show up to work in a Bentley if the parking lot is full of them.
    10/12/2017 10:56 PMPosted by WhateverAlex

Except it's RNG so some people really are just that unlucky. I have gotten two skins from the Halloween event out of the 50 boxes I bought with my remaining Battle.net balance, and the rest were non-event skins. Tons and tons of Halloween sprays, though. But I don't think people are as hyped about sprays as they are the event skins.
    10/13/2017 03:48 AMPosted by Superbunny
    You people won't be happy until they make an event where you sign on, and get a single free loot box that contains all 100 event items in it.

Part of what makes content good is exclusivity. If everyone gets everything with no effort, then it's not as appealing to most people. No one cares if you show up to work in a Bentley if the parking lot is full of them.

LOL.

no