And Again

Competitive Discussion
I reach a Season High.

Can you guess what happens?

5 games in a row of the WORST teammates i've ever seen.
Unwinnable games.

This happens every single time. For a year and a half.

I'll keep posting about the FORCED LOSING STREAKS until the **** is fixed.

This is beyond ridiculous.
It doesn't exist. It isn't real. It's all just a myth.

10/14/2017 09:00 PMPosted by Kapoof
I'll keep posting about the FORCED LOSING STREAKS
Congrats on the new season high
When SR exceeds MMR, you get forced losses. Do you think you turned into an OW god overnight? Hitting season high has a luck factor and when the system recognizes an imbalance you get bad teammates to balance things out.
am actually a little shocked you maintain such a high rating at your age
10/14/2017 10:24 PMPosted by kitten
When SR exceeds MMR, you get forced losses.

So if I win too much, I get forced losses. Makes sense.
When SR exceeds MMR, you get forced losses. Do you think you turned into an OW god overnight? Hitting season high has a luck factor and when the system recognizes an imbalance you get bad teammates to balance things out.

Wait that's why you can't hit gm? Huh

So you're saying there ARE forced losing streaks.
10/14/2017 10:51 PMPosted by Kapoof

So you're saying there ARE forced losing streaks.

If you get to the point where your rank is too high, yes. The system knows you aren’t good enough and pushes you back to where you belong. Put up better stats if you want to climb. It’s literallt comparing you to other people doing the same thing so if you’re doing worse you don’t belong.
Reminds me of FIFA online. You win multiple times in a row then all hell break loose, you lose multiple times in a row.

WTF?
So if that's true, matchmaking doesn't give you any chance to prove you belong with better teammates, they just give you garbage teammates to drag you back down? I'm not too convinced that's true, but if it is damn...... it should give you chance to prove you can play with better people. Especially me as a tank/support main it's a little harder to carry games.
03/02/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
We're always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you're playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I've seen comments like "I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate". It doesn't do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it'll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That's not so you lose, it's to keep your matches fair.

There's one other thing to remember, though. The results of a match that the matchmaker thought was perfectly fair don't always result in a match that is hard fought every meter of the payload and you win by just holding them off from reaching the final checkpoint at 0:00 time remaining. Matches with teams of equal skill result in 3-0 stomps more than you think. Maybe an early fight snowballed out of control due to staggered spawns, maybe a player decided he was going to try to pickup a new hero that match, or perhaps your's cat decided to play with your keyboard right before you used that Graviton Surge and it wildly missed its mark. We're all human, and we don't perform at the perfectly same level all the time. It's one of the reasons competitive games are so much fun to play and watch.

And yes. That IS the entire post. Click "Scott Mercer" to confirm.
10/15/2017 08:27 AMPosted by budmaz410
So if that's true, matchmaking doesn't give you any chance to prove you belong with better teammates, they just give you garbage teammates to drag you back down? I'm not too convinced that's true, but if it is damn...... it should give you chance to prove you can play with better people. Especially me as a tank/support main it's a little harder to carry games.

That’s the problem—you aren’t supposed to carry. That’s a poor mindset to have.

Your stats speak for themselves and that determines your matches for several games to come. That’s why flexing to roles you are bad at is a bad idea. You might win THAT game, but if you put up poor stats you’ll get put in games you’re more likely to lose.
10/15/2017 09:45 AMPosted by kitten
That’s the problem—you aren’t supposed to carry.

10/14/2017 04:42 PMPosted by kitten
The only constant is you

10/15/2017 09:45 AMPosted by kitten
you put up poor stats
10/15/2017 08:51 AMPosted by Kaawumba
03/02/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
We're always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you're playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I've seen comments like "I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate". It doesn't do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it'll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That's not so you lose, it's to keep your matches fair.

There's one other thing to remember, though. The results of a match that the matchmaker thought was perfectly fair don't always result in a match that is hard fought every meter of the payload and you win by just holding them off from reaching the final checkpoint at 0:00 time remaining. Matches with teams of equal skill result in 3-0 stomps more than you think. Maybe an early fight snowballed out of control due to staggered spawns, maybe a player decided he was going to try to pickup a new hero that match, or perhaps your's cat decided to play with your keyboard right before you used that Graviton Surge and it wildly missed its mark. We're all human, and we don't perform at the perfectly same level all the time. It's one of the reasons competitive games are so much fun to play and watch.

And yes. That IS the entire post. Click "Scott Mercer" to confirm.

Your theory makes no sense. As in the system would be totally broken if it was implemented this way. To see how the system actually works, see https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758885930
10/14/2017 10:22 PMPosted by Pharah
Congrats on the new season high

This. Ultimately all a new season high means is that you're still making progress be happy!
Happened to me as well(seasonhigh-losing lot of games), queues have been pretty bad past few days.
If you flip 10 coins. The chance of a specific pattern has equal chance to happen as the other.

Of course overwatch is not a match decided completely by luck. But AS YOU APPROACH YOUR TRUE SKILL LEVEL. Luck becomes a way bigger factor for your wins/losses when both teams have similar skill level.

The slight difference in luck can setup for a game winning play. Hence I compare your matches as you approach your season high as coin tosses, because at that point, both teams have equal chances of winning.

Lets say:
Heads=win=W
Tails=lose=L

WWWWWLLLLL have the same odds of happening as WLWLWLWLWL.

But if you put your season high in the middle...

Scenario 1.
WWWWW season high LLLLL

Scenario 2.
WLWLW season high LWLWL

Both scenarios have equal chance of happening. But it does NOT mean scenario 1 is rigged matches. It's just old lady luck doing its thing.

EXPECT luck to have a big factor as player skills approach each other, and EXPECT these SR swings as you get closen to your true ratings. And EXPECT to see patterns like you mentioned but UNDERSTAND that it's simply luck.