Accept Genji is balanced

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Here you had to let Kaplan himself comment on a post so you can finally stop complaining.

10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

Accept it.
No?
has any ever thought that maybe the genji is a better player than you and thats why he seems OP,you know...skill
Highly Rated
Having a developer stating their OPINION does not make it true.
Highly Rated
If we accepted what the devs did without any objections this forum would have something 20 times fewer threads, you know. :)
Yea sorry I didn't link the orginal post. Don't forget to read all the blue posts.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759240215?page=1
What if they made his deflect like Zaryas bubble, as in it can only take so much damage until it breaks?
10/31/2017 09:31 AMPosted by Matrim
If we accepted what the devs did without any objections this forum would have something 20 times fewer threads, you know. :)

Then why is that a part of me thinks that's a good thing...

I don't think Genji is OP.

I fall on the opinion that just like Tracer, they are balanced, but do to their balance in a game that often fluctuates their place in meta shifts, but remain constant viable picks, thus the perception that they are OP, when certain hero's fall under viability or the public perception of being meta.

I feel that despite reflect being bigger than the animation. If it were nerfed we'd get a Doomfist scenario with him and I wouldn't want to see a hero get crippled like that.

Plus the fact that they are good solo plays, make the team dynamic of the game be ignored (although of course they benefit more working with a team like anyone else) their individual precense can be countered by someone like a sym/torb but those hero's (mainly torb) might need the teamwork value of a sheild to really shut down the enemy dive.

Seeing the commitment of teamwork often fail on the forums, you have people who would rather depend on solo plays, against solo plays, a game of deathmatch if you will, instead of a team based attack/defense around the point in an objective based game.
I will never accept that he is balanced until They Make him fair to Play against
I refuse.

I will never accept it until they fix his deflect.
Highly Rated
apparently jeff said they are looking into his deflect so i guess thats something
10/31/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Batlike

If hes not on their radar. That means hes not game breaking enough as you all say and must be nerfed quick.
You're entitled to your own opinion and as much as I do too.

Shoving it down my throat with Jeff's opinion will not change my opinion, specially there are hundreds of videos and threads of solid evidence about how asinine that deflect hitbox is.
They won't.

But as I've said before, I really don't give a hoot about what they think or how they feelz as long as Blizzard keeps their sense, and it appear Blizzard does, so far.

We got stats showing Genji isn't overperforming.
We got pros saying Genji isn't op.
And now we got Jeff saying "stop shooting into deflect"

They can cry their eyes out for all I care lmao
10/31/2017 09:35 AMPosted by JellyandJam
I refuse.

I will never accept it until they fix his deflect.

I told you to read the blue comments.
10/31/2017 09:35 AMPosted by SaltySalt
10/31/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Batlike

If hes not on their radar. That means hes not game breaking enough as you all say and must be nerfed quick.

Or, you know, they would rather not piss off the hundreds of thousands of ninja wannabes who think Genji is the coolest and instalock him no matter what.

Seriously, funny how the devs apparently have no clue about balance when they do something people don't like but when they say something people do like apparently their word is gospel truth.
just shoot him in the back if hes reflecting
cant reflect what he cant see
Ser Kaplan also mentioned that they'll look at making the deflect hitbox match Genji's deflect animation so it is actually clear what people can or cannot shoot at.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759240215?page=2#post-33

So Genji could receive future changes not to his functionality, but to his graphical representation. I think this would be fair for everyone.
Already did after i started poking at his weaknesses and realizing that Genji counters my main.
10/31/2017 09:39 AMPosted by Orion
Ser Kaplan also mentioned that they'll look at making the deflect hitbox match Genji's deflect animation so it is actually clear what people can or cannot shoot at.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759240215?page=2#post-33

So Genji could receive future changes not to his functionality, but to his graphical representation. I think this would be fair for everyone.

This should honestly have been a hotfix shortly after release or even during beta.