Accept Genji is balanced

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
I think most people here tend to disagree with how the developers perceive balance and balancing priorities, so this comment is irrelevant and will do nothing to stop people from talking about Genji.

He's okay-ish in my opinion; maybe his deflect hitbox could be shrunk, but his ultimate is a little too strong for a death-dealing ultimate. It's pretty hard to stop because he's designed to be extremely difficult to track once he ults. So his shut-down rate is fairly low compared to other assault heroes' ultimates and how easy they are to shut down. I'd buff other assault heroes' ultimates, or tweak his.

They tweaked him not long back to give him a 7th swing across the board, when before most people tended to have 6, but could maybe get 7 depending on latency issues. I think this was a mistake, and he should have 6 across the board instead of 7.

But I don't like seeing the continuing nerfage of assault heroes, who's primary job it is to kill things, just because people are frustrated by dying in this game. If he was nerfed, I'd like to see defensive DPS and defense-oriented heroes, shields, area denial abilities and stall abilities nerfed as well. That's just to maintain some balance, rather than drawing games out more and more and giving assault DPS tickle-damage and pathetic ultimates. It's already hard enough to secure kills, nevermind solo-kills. :\
Sure, they created the game, that doesn't mean they are always right.
10/31/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Batlike
Having a developer stating their OPINION does not make it true.

Except it's the dev team that looks at all heroes in the state of the game's opinion, not just Jeff's. Read it again.

Game set and match, the only people complaining are either not counterpicking, don't know how to play around him, or... "not good". Nothing leans to Genji being too strong.

The only "out of whack" characters right now, based on pickrates at the high-end, as well as win-rates, are Mercy and Tracer.

Edit: Feed me your downvotes, as you've seen by the other thread, clearly people who have some idea of what they're doing tend to disagree with you.
10/31/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Sederath
10/31/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Batlike
Having a developer stating their OPINION does not make it true.

Except it's the dev team that looks at all heroes in the state of the game's opinion, not just Jeff's. Read it again.

Game set and match, the only people complaining are either not counterpicking, don't know how to play around him, or... "not good".
Said the genji main. Try other classes and see how easy yoyu die against a genji. If blizzard does not change the genji, ppl will quit the game. And i dont think genji vs genji mode only is fun enough. since only genji players will remain.
Boi, they must have some SERIOUS issues to tackle with the game if they don't see any problems with Genji right now, lmao.
10/31/2017 11:26 AMPosted by Brainstorm
Said the genji main. Try other classes and see how easy yoyu die against a genji. If blizzard does not change the genji, ppl will quit the game.

Are they the same people upset over Mercy's constant changes and claiming she's weak, when she's the only character in the history of the game to ever hit 100% pickrate in any league of play?

Are they the same people complaining about Deflect hitbox while not just swapping to Winston or Reinhardt to protect their backline from him?

Are they the same people ulting him solo without baiting Deflect first, then raging on the forums about losing said duel?

If yes to any of these, good.

I play majority Reinhardt and Junkrat in comp now, and both destroy Genji as long as you know how to manage what you have available. Stop making excuses, and stop spouting "GENJI MAIN" when you get told something you don't like.
Guys, guys, guys,....
There is a way to effectively counter Genji, which Genji mains are now complaining about....

*whispers*
Junkrat mine above Genji's deflect.

Sure, you need to take his deflect hitbox into consideration, but a good player knows that. Ergo...thanks to Junkrat's buff, Genji is now balance.
10/31/2017 09:41 AMPosted by ǶPHILIP
The sheer number of nerf genji threads should indicate that there is atleast something "wrong" with him.
This community complains about so much it's ridiculous.I never see people at higher ranks complaining about Genji.

It always seems to be people in lower ranks who complain about him even though heroes like Winston exist and can shut him down.

I do agree that his deflect hitbox needs to be toned down or else have the animation accurately reflect the size of the hitbox.

While they're fixing that they can also fix the bugged wall climb that has worked against me so many times,even resulting in a death in a tournament i was watching.
Guy's guys guys, just don't shoot d.va when you know she has a DM or she's still alive...

Er- Oops I mean genji and deflect and he. Similar arguments were used for both characters, the difference being d.va gets a nerf, and genji isn't on the radar.

No DPS favoritism going on here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10/31/2017 09:28 AMPosted by SaltySalt
Here you had to let Kaplan himself comment on a post so you can finally stop complaining.

10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

Accept it.

The people who think genji is op are mostly plat and under and won't accept anything besides "I'm right and you're wrong" as an answer.
Genji isn't balanced. . .

If a character has an 'Unlimited Skill Cieling' it isn't balanced. . .it cannot possibly ever be balanced.

I just. . .I don't understand how people don't get this. . .

There is no argument for this. . .Infinity is a bigger number than 20 Billion. It just IS!

Yes, you have to be better than another player to get to Infinity. . .but the potential power of the character itself is STILL higher.
If people understood how to peel and play as a team rather than trying to play deathmatch, genji would feel way less powerful but instead, tanks dont peel for the backline and neither do the DPS.

Spoiler, lucio having a well timed boop can ruin an entire dragon blade by not allowing him to get a kill for a dash reset.

75% of the complaints on this forum are from a lack of understanding of how the game works and an unwillingness to better understand how to counter things
10/31/2017 09:28 AMPosted by SaltySalt
Here you had to let Kaplan himself comment on a post so you can finally stop complaining.

10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

Accept it.

Why would they accept it? He is the forums go to guy to complain about when they have nothing left.
The only real problem I have with Genji is his deflect.
I think it's ridiculous that in an FPS game where shooting is the main mechanic you are punished for actually shooting.
Now, if we ignore that for a minute do any one of you actually think it's balanced that he can throw shurikens and swift strike at you the exact second deflect wears of? M1 deals 28 damage per shuriken, 56 if it's a headshot. Swift Strike is 50 damage, add another 30 for melee.
We're looking at an effective 248 damage here in less than 3s.
Just because Jeff said he pretty much doesn't care about the balance of the game doesn't mean other people don't.

Oh, and add in some mocking for good measure. That'll really help. Gotta keep those flanker players in the league! God knows we need our forced-esports money!

The team is laughable at this point. They've proven they're no more than a joke. See you in 3 months when Doomfist is still broken.
Genji just needs a hard counter. Flamethrower class perhaps?
His response was the most disappointing thing i have ever read in this forum, There have been people who have posted videos, links and Respectable feedback and he just does not care. He snapped back at doomfist like there has not been dozens of forum with good feedback . The merch store shows the preference to Genji as anyone else did not know this all ready.