Accept Genji is balanced

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
10/31/2017 11:39 AMPosted by Stimpak
Genji just needs a hard counter. Flamethrower class perhaps?

*Pyro intensifies*
10/31/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Ardent21
just shoot him in the back if hes reflecting
cant reflect what he cant see

Its funny because he can. He can pretty much deflect in a 270 degree radius and its ridiculous.
10/31/2017 11:36 AMPosted by VanillaWoW
10/31/2017 09:28 AMPosted by SaltySalt
Here you had to let Kaplan himself comment on a post so you can finally stop complaining.

Accept it.

You really want me to accept what he says based on his quote.... given how the game has been going the last few seasons i'd say it's safe to say anything he says you take the compelet opposite and that is what should be happening. I had high hopes for this game, but there is zero competitive integrity and the MMR system is dog !@#$ so nah games going to die just like HOTS and SC2 gg blizzard

you made a dupe account to play only tracer, have zero minutes on anything else

you are literally the problem with ranked, an instalocking dps player. feel free to leave. everyone else will enjoy your absence
He's not balanced with all the bugs that bring him down.
10/31/2017 11:33 AMPosted by XXXTENTAFIST
Here you had to let Kaplan himself comment on a post so you can finally stop complaining.

Accept it.

The people who think genji is op are mostly plat and under and won't accept anything besides "I'm right and you're wrong" as an answer.

Jeff is a plat. But yeah let's pretend that matters.

10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

Accept it.

Because I am sure the devs designed him saying " You know what would be balanced? having an ability that is INVISIBLE and deflects shots"
10/31/2017 11:42 AMPosted by Mirai
10/31/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Ardent21
just shoot him in the back if hes reflecting
cant reflect what he cant see

Its funny because he can. He can pretty much deflect in a 270 degree radius and its ridiculous.

He also deflects shots directly above him and by the back of his head.
I'm inclined to think that the only sweet spot he has during deflect is his butt.
So you guys are going to sit there and tell me (via down voting) that the forums do nothing but complain? LOL that is too funny.
Is deflect the main reason you guys can't kill Genji or something? Like I 100% agree that it should be smaller but still, it's never caused huge problems for me.

IMO the biggest issue is the majority of people don't have the mechanical skill to kill a Genji when he's up close. It is legitimately hard to follow him when he's jumping over your head and through you/
He's not op, agreed. I just think his difficulty is exaggerated. He's really not that hard.
The devs have been wrong before look at roadhog, mercy and, doomfist all been changed and either been to OP and nerfed to the ground and never balanced.
10/31/2017 11:47 AMPosted by Teachasers
10/31/2017 11:42 AMPosted by Mirai

He also deflects shots directly above him and by the back of his head.
I'm inclined to think that the only sweet spot he has during deflect is his butt.

Maybe Bliz should move his crit box to his butt and increase the size of his booty to Solid Snake levels of butt mass.
Idk what the problem is with genji i really enjoy playing him myself and i recognise a good genji if i see one he's pretty balanced you just need enough cancer to counter him e.g. sym or monkey maybe even torb. like Jeff said he doesn't really need to be changed
I am sure all the Genji mains would have calmly accepted it if Jeff had said Genji was Op and would be nerfed next week. Right?
Never once have I felt like a death to a Genji was due to his OP kit. I was outplayed every time.

Now Tracer, on the other hand, needs serious attention. Too much burst and mobility combined - something has to give, or this character will continue to dominate and be a must-pick in tournaments.
10/31/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Batlike
Having a developer stating their OPINION does not make it true.

According to Overbuff stats, hes not OP in pickrates. He fares a bit above average.

Average of ALl Brackets: 4.9%, 50% winrate

Bronze to GM Rates: 3.33% - 6.88% Pick rate; 45.56% - 55% Win Rates

Remember, on Average, for Genji to appear atleast on ONE team per game, he needs a pick rate of 8.33%. He does not show up in every game. This suggests that he is not a must pick hero. Compare this to Mercy, which is running 16%, or pretty much being picked on both teams. That is a must pick hero.

His stats seem to indicate that he is moderately balanced, and at most, might qualify for minor tweaking that would depower him at GM, but empower him in Bronze.

This is why Kap said what he said. He apparently is average or just above average in usage. Hes not being picked as a must pick on both teams. His win rate increases the higher the skill bracket, indicating hes got a high skill floor and higher skill ceiling.

So. Why does he deserve to be addressed/nerfed? What was so much of an opinion but them stating they have no intention currently of addressing him when the independent data suggests he is fine or a little bit above that?

Pretty sure Im going to get downvotes for this, but that doesnt change the data we have. Hes not OP by any stretch. Candidate for tweaking? Possibly. But nerf hammer worthy? No. Not even close.
10/31/2017 11:39 AMPosted by Stimpak
Genji just needs a hard counter. Flamethrower class perhaps?

He had hard counters but they both got nerfed hard.
This just proves that even Jeff commit mistakes. I hope they acknowledge this before is too late for the game itself.
10/31/2017 12:06 PMPosted by Aulus
Never once have I felt like a death to a Genji was due to his OP kit. I was outplayed every time.

Now Tracer, on the other hand, needs serious attention. Too much burst and mobility combined - something has to give, or this character will continue to dominate and be a must-pick in tournaments.

Sombra completely shuts down Tracer.
But that's a different topic altogether because Sombra is very much the same as Orisa in a sense that she's a gimped combination of different heroes.