Accept Genji is balanced

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
They have to :

-make clear visual effect on deflect so we can stop speculate in game wether or not our primary fire will be out of deflect hitbox (on my perspective i especially mean the splash damage), but i heard that some widows attempted some shots on other players and get deflected out of nowhere by a genji near the target
-reduce hitbox or make it fit properly to visual effect
-do something about the dash reset so he needs to finish his target ON HIS OWN and not beiing rewarded by a reset thanks to a teammate

And at the same time, bring back some real hitbox on DF so he can actually counter properly the Cyborg as he did on his release by smashing him right into a wall as soon as he deflect/and tracer btw
10/31/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Batlike
Having a developer stating their OPINION does not make it true.

It's not an opinion, it's an educated deduction based on the mountains of data blizzard gets every day!
Except he's the director on the Game, with complete access to all the stats as well as feedback from all tiers, this is like telling a doctor that says smoking is bad for you based on studies and stats that he's wrong, and that's just his opinion.
I'm sick to death of giving long winded and very in-depth analysis of why Genji is overpowered. Your new thread is saying nothing you could not say in one of those other threads.
10/31/2017 12:06 PMPosted by Aulus
Never once have I felt like a death to a Genji was due to his OP kit. I was outplayed every time.

Now Tracer, on the other hand, needs serious attention. Too much burst and mobility combined - something has to give, or this character will continue to dominate and be a must-pick in tournaments.

Sombra completely shuts down Tracer.
But that's a different topic altogether because Sombra is very much the same as Orisa in a sense that she's a gimped combination of different heroes.
10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

No, in fact, Hell No. Because Genji should not have an instant, mostly non-visible Reflect (Because Deflect is the wrong damn name) half the size of Reinhardts effin shield, get out of jail free card. At MOST Reflect should be as tall as Genji and twice as wide. With Genji square in the middle of it. More importantly, the Animation matches the Damn Hitbox. If you're going to make the claim that he's a high skill ceiling hero, then he shouldn't get a free kill button. Seriously, how many "Pro" Genjis have gotten a kill by !@#$ing accident when aiming the Reflect at someone else?!
10/31/2017 12:16 PMPosted by Pyrofool
I'm sick to death of giving long winded and very in-depth analysis of why Genji is overpowered. Your new thread is saying nothing you could not say in one of those other threads.

yea and we're tired of replying with actual data to show he isn't. yes screw data, let's instead analyze one clip and show he's OP rather than actually accept data from hundreds of games. Let's do that!

/s
10/31/2017 12:11 PMPosted by MetalzFish

It's not an opinion, it's an educated deduction based on the mountains of data blizzard gets every day!

As we've learned from Roadhog, data does not equal balance, because despite having a fairly average pickrate and not dealing heaps of damage he was nerfed ;)
Genji is balanced. It's impossible to get a hero 100% balanced but genji is definitely not an issue. DPS heroes tend to shine in lower ranks because people generally do not know how to counter pick or play around certain heroes such as pharah. Flankers especially go unnoticed because people are less map aware and they can get away with so much. As the ranks go up genji's mistakes are amplified and his strengths are dampened with good comms and good counter picking.

Unfortunately that is the game. If you think genji is not balanced then surely you should be able to abuse him and rank up? There are bigger balance issues with the game and genji is definitely not one of them.
10/31/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Dva
10/31/2017 12:11 PMPosted by MetalzFish

As we've learned from Roadhog, data does not equal balance, because despite having a fairly average pickrate and not dealing heaps of damage he was nerfed ;)

Roadhog wasn't nerfed because of stats. Jeff said he was nerfed because of this community.
10/31/2017 12:11 PMPosted by Seidon
Except he's the director on the Game, with complete access to all the stats as well as feedback from all tiers, this is like telling a doctor that says smoking is bad for you based on studies and stats that he's wrong, and that's just his opinion.

Have you heard of a thing called "appeal to authority"?
No, I can't accept it. My mind can't accept that deflect's hitbox is fine.
Deflect's hitbox shouldn't be the size of Roadhog because Genji's a flanker not a tank, his job is to kill enemies, expecially supports, not to protect his allies. Deflect is a self defence ability, therefore, its hitbox should only cover genji's own body.
Logic demands this. Am I an idiot to think that a game designer should use logic to balance his own game?
So Jeff dont need to look at that character who got 90% of all POTG?
10/31/2017 09:42 AMPosted by Quirky
You are seriously telling the community to accept this, OP. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcrzIlZfNU

I love how you are just blatantly defending your hero without any regards to the game balance on the whole. Absolutely selfish people.

Published on Aug 7, 2016 bait harder
10/31/2017 12:28 PMPosted by poochie
10/31/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Dva

Roadhog wasn't nerfed because of stats. Jeff said he was nerfed because of this community.

Exactly, and a majority of the community want Genji nerfed, so it will happen eventually, even if there's clearly some bias towards him.
Whether or not it is the opinion of Blizzard or not, doesn't mean that its how the players feel.

The sheer number of nerf genji threads should indicate that there is atleast something "wrong" with the forum.
fixed it
10/31/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Dva
10/31/2017 12:28 PMPosted by poochie

Exactly, and a majority of the community want Genji nerfed, so it will happen eventually, even if there's clearly some bias towards him.
If by majority of the community you mean the Blizzard forums then you're completely wrong, Hog was getting complaints from literally everyone from Pros to Plebs. While Genji is only being complained about on the forums by majority low elo players.

Maybe. Maybe not. Your 800 mega threads didn't get D.Va's armor back; didn't get her fusion guns back; didn't get DM's duration back.

even if there's clearly some bias towards him.

Less than the Genji haters.
10/31/2017 09:28 AMPosted by SaltySalt
Here you had to let Kaplan himself comment on a post so you can finally stop complaining.

10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

Accept it.

The forums are very resistant to the idea that most of the offence heroes are even capable of being overpowered which makes this discussion very hard.

Jeff stating that he doesn't think Genji needs addressing does not make this objectively the case. Jeff has stood behind some very problematic balancing changes in the past.
His deflect isn't even the only broken thing about him. He still has animation cancels, dash and double jump hitboxes, and the fact that he has two bloody passives.