Accept Genji is balanced

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
10/31/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Batlike
Having a developer stating their OPINION does not make it true.

The amount of !@#$ing braindead morons who inhabit these forums and upvote these autistic posts... it feels good to not play this trash anymore.

incoming forum ban #3, bring it on
They also thought rez on a normal ability for mercy was a good idea. And we all know jeff likes to wack off to genji as he has stated it before. Oh and i guess doomfist must not have issues as they dont seem to work on him. Hue hue?
10/31/2017 12:41 PMPosted by Seidon
If by majority of the community you mean the Blizzard forums then you're completely wrong, Hog was getting complaints from literally everyone from Pros to Plebs. While Genji is only being complained about on the forums by majority low elo players.

Yeah by plebs, not pros. Try again.

Maybe. Maybe not. Your 800 mega threads didn't get D.Va's armor back; didn't get her fusion guns back; didn't get DM's duration back.

Weren't my megathreads nor did I agree with the changes proposed in them because the basis for them were whiners who got easily propped up by season 3 D.Va being unkillable with an Ana grenade. Oh also, she got a recharge time buff so there was a compromise.

10/31/2017 12:42 PMPosted by poochie
Less than the Genji haters.

What? The bias is that he's clearly got a lot more help in nearly every category possible. Jeff commenting "don't shoot deflect" just shows their disconnect from the community and their lack of ability to read threads. People are not complaining about shooting directly at him, they're complaining about him having a hitbox that is so out of proportion compared to the animation that it's downright unfair to anyone he's playing against.
10/31/2017 12:44 PMPosted by James

The forums are very resistant to the idea that most of the offence heroes are even capable of being overpowered which makes this discussion very hard.

Jeff stating that he doesn't think Genji needs addressing does not make this objectively the case. Jeff has stood behind some very problematic balancing changes in the past.

What a joke. The forum whines about dps all the time and dps get nerfed all the time.

Doomfist
Genji
Soldier
McCree

All have been nerfed. McSniper was probably the only thing that ever came close to being as overpowered as Mercy and that got nerfed in 7 days.
10/31/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Ardent21
apparently jeff said they are looking into his deflect so i guess thats something

Yeah, I don't think Genji is OP, just that he has no real counter (nor does Tracer).

But it would be nice to not have to worry about Genji deflecting things when you're not even aiming at him.
Genji isn't a balance problem, he's a fun problem. He introduces a lot of RNG to movement, which is what everyone relies on to hit their target. His double jump has no tell, and he can change direction instantly. Because of this, he can get away too easily from the classes that are meant to directly counter him.
10/31/2017 09:34 AMPosted by XenoW
I will never accept that he is balanced until They Make him fair to Play against

About to blow your mind: Winston/Pharah
10/31/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Destian
10/31/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Ardent21
apparently jeff said they are looking into his deflect so i guess thats something

Yeah, I don't think Genji is OP, just that he has no real counter (nor does Tracer).

But it would be nice to not have to worry about Genji deflecting things when you're not even aiming at him.

Winston/Pharah
10/31/2017 12:41 PMPosted by Seidon
If by majority of the community you mean the Blizzard forums then you're completely wrong, Hog was getting complaints from literally everyone from Pros to Plebs. While Genji is only being complained about on the forums by majority low elo players.

Yeah by plebs, not pros. Try again.

If they balanced around pleds ganji would have been nerfed a long time ago, just saying.
Get your pitch forks and torches ready, ladies and gentlemen!
God these forums will do anything to claim Genji is op LMAO, I'm on page 2 and I already can't continue reading this thread.

All of you people need to understand that annoying to play against does not equal OP, Mei is infuriating to play against but nobody in their right mind would call her OP. Furthermore, Jeff also just stated they're looking into deflect's hitbox, which was the only valid complaint about Genji.
Jeff saying they're not looking at him in kind of a blow, because he can have a very negative effect in QP and it just generates angst against him and makes people people believe he's not balanced.

But, he's said what he's said, all I can really hammer on is the poor match making in QP now. If he says that's fine, well, I need to look at my options.
10/31/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Ardent21
just shoot him in the back if hes reflecting
cant reflect what he cant see
Except for those times when you shoot him in the back and get your damage reflected.
Kinda like when youre not even shooting at him but you get your dmg reflected because hes in your same county.

I guess just dont shoot anything reflectable when hes even partially on your screen.
No, because his ult team wipes put butts in the seat, of course they are not gonna touch him as long as OWL needs to be a thing.

Especially when that said developer has gone on record saying genji is his favorite hero to watch
10/31/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Acanarina
No, because his ult team wipes put butts in the seat, of course they are not gonna touch him as long as OWL needs to be a thing.

Its hilarious when I keep hearing about his team wipe because a lot of things that don't team wipe still solidly wins entire team fights. For example, Tracer can pulse bomb people with FAR, FAR less counterplay than dragon blade, which removes the golden support instantly, which basically wins you the fight most of the time.

Dragon blades getting 3+ kills is neat and flashy, but its often nothing but that. The fight was won at the first kill or second, but people just go "omg he could dash reset into 5 kills its so OP".
I've never understood why so many people here have a problem with Genji; he isn't even the best hero in his role, Tracer is a much better DPS/flanker and yet she doesn't seem to trigger people nearly as much.
He did not just stat his opinion, it's the whole teams opinion about genji being balanced. He said "we" and I agree with him 100%
10/31/2017 11:43 AMPosted by hatewheel
10/31/2017 11:33 AMPosted by XXXTENTAFIST

The people who think genji is op are mostly plat and under and won't accept anything besides "I'm right and you're wrong" as an answer.

Jeff is a plat. But yeah let's pretend that matters.

They have an internal team of masters/gm players that he tests with to decide the state of heros, I wasn't talking about Jeff himself but those players opinions. Anyone that is at least masters knows genji isn't broken, thanks for pointing out the obvious though.
10/31/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Dva
10/31/2017 12:11 PMPosted by MetalzFish

It's not an opinion, it's an educated deduction based on the mountains of data blizzard gets every day!

As we've learned from Roadhog, data does not equal balance, because despite having a fairly average pickrate and not dealing heaps of damage he was nerfed ;)

He wasn't nerfed because he was overpowered he was nerfed because of outcry from the lower tier community. He was perfectly fine anywhere above high diamond once people learned to play against him.

Stop twisting words it just makes you seem like more of an idiot