Best & Worst Ult

General Discussion
What do you think are the best and worst ults by themselves (no nano, speedboost, grav, etc)

I personally think deadeye is the worst ult. From my experiences above mid silver people start to react quickly to Mccree screeching it’s high noon loud enough for anyone on the map to hear, and unless they’re in really open ground like end of 1st point junkertowen, then they can easily get behind a shield or behind cover. It can zone out the enemy but if they have deflect, dm, shield or mei wall (which they probably will) then you won’t get much done. It’s overall just a really inconsistent ult.

I think the best ult is pulse bomb. It’s one of the fastest charging ults in the game (consistently unlike Zarya or Junk) and of you’re good at landing sticks then you delete every non tank except Zarya or zen if he ults and you ulted him, which is generally a good trade since you can get ult back much faster than zen. IMO the only other ult that can match how good pulse bomb is is screeching weeb, but he can be slept, stunned, killed much more easily than tracer can ulting.

Honorable mentions: grav, shatter, emp are all really good but in most scenarios require help to capitalize from.

Let me know if you agree or what your own opinions are
bump
10/28/2017 05:31 PMPosted by EdegeLord
What do you think are the best and worst ults by themselves (no nano, speedboost, grav, etc)

Honorable mentions: grav

Well, first I don't think you can compare ults simply by themselves, as this is a team game, and you sort of even contradict yourself by even mentioning grav as an honorable mention.

But to answer your OP, I think the worst ult in the game is Orisa's ult. It can be easily destroyed, and really doesn't do A LOT. A McCree ult can be used to easily solo a Mercy and/or Pharah in the air, which is really good by itself, but at best can get 3 kills or more.

The best ult, "by itself" I would have to say is Genji ult. If you aren't getting 1-2 kills, AT LEAST, with Genji ult, then you should swap off Genji. Genji ult doesn't need backup to easily take off 1/3 to 1/2 the enemy team. Grav though I consider the best ult in the game, but needs the combo of something like pulse bomb or hanzo dragon to team wipe.
To me, widow's ult is kind of irrelevant if you already have a Hanzo (which you always do, because we always need two snipers on attack /s). It's also an ult that has pretty much no use at all in team fights. Or at most chokes... I'm not impressed by it overall.

Genji's ult has the most freedom and potential for usefulness. If you do it right, you can just go down the line of target priority and win the team fight. Of course, people act like you just press Q to win and that's not true at all. The best ult for the least effort/skill/risk to self is probably Hanzo. Pharah/Tracer/Reaper/Junkrat have high damage potentials, but usually get killed doing it. Hanzo just hides and aims where people are likely to be.
Best ult tactics wise is probably widows infrasight it literally reveals the position of the enemy team and forces them to either wait it out or change strats
The best is still easily Mercy's, and the worst is still probably McCree's.
This is strictly my opinion:

1) Valkyrie
2) Graviton Surge
3) Dragonblade
Best Ult: Genji's Dragonblade

Worst Ult: Bastion's Tank Mode
I think one of the best is dva's, it can get kills at times but it's soooo good to use on the point in overtime to chase off the enemy team.
I think 'Best' and 'Worst' are kinda vague. Like, there's most useful, most powerful, most fun.

Sound Barrier is one of the most useful, powerful ults in the game, but with the new casting ult nerf, it's also one of the least fun and least appreciated.
Best ult IMO is earthshatter. It charges way faster than grav and is almost as good in cc. Rein can finish off a bunch of squisshies he shatters afterwards without any help.

The worst ult IMO is roadhog’s. It charges fast, and it’s knockback and sheer damage potential make it strong when comboed with a grav or he needs to get enemies off the cart, but unless enemies are stuck in a corner it won’t do much.
Best on its own? I think at the moment, Junkrat. It can kill you through trans and sound barrier. It's hard to destroy it and nowadays, it usually is always a guaranteed one or two man kill. Plus it charges very very fast.

Worst ultimate in the game. I have to go with orisa.
whole hog worst, self destruct best
I’m confused why bump got more dislikes than the original post lol
Best are zarya,mercy,zenyatta
Worst are widow,bastion
Worst ult: Blizzard. It’s waaaaaaaay to easy to escape from it.

Best ult: Trancendence. It counters almost all of the offensive ults.

Remember, this is only my opinion, feel free to disagree.

10/29/2017 04:50 PMPosted by EdegeLord
I’m confused why bump got more dislikes than the original post lol
People don’t like bumps
10/29/2017 12:14 PMPosted by Darkstar

Honorable mentions: grav

Well, first I don't think you can compare ults simply by themselves, as this is a team game, and you sort of even contradict yourself by even mentioning grav as an honorable mention.
I specifically mentioned that grav usually needs teamwork to get anything done. But if you’re high on energy and there’s 3-4 non tanks in the grav then you can do a lot of work on your own, which is why along with shatter and emp they’re honorable mentions