Ana Buff

General Discussion

I am saying as a pharah main.

Lol. Finally a supposedly sniper can actually take you out the sky. Just ask a mercy to pocket you and get lost.
Imagine all those times when you (on Ana) were the only one sniping the enemy Pharah Mercy and you got 3 shots on the Mercy before she flew to someone out of you LOS. Well no need to worry any more!!!!!
11/01/2017 02:55 AMPosted by M3HAN

I am saying as a pharah main.

Lol. Finally a supposedly sniper can actually take you out the sky. Just ask a mercy to pocket you and get lost.

toxic much. The idea is that you have actual DPS to also focus. She should be focusing healing, not sniping enemies.

and in my defense, I don't genuinely play as a pharah Mercy combo.

If ana shoots me twice, I will move out of her line of sight, which puts me out of the game for a while while i wait up and heal.
The idea of the inital ana Nerf when she was released from 80 dmg to 60 dmg was to AVOID this 3 shot kill on enemies. And now they have reverted back to 3 shot kill. Seems like awful back tracking.

I don't think you read it at all, all you read was pharah. I WANT HER TO BE BUFFED, but from 60 to 65 to deal 195 rather than 180. But not 60 to 70 to deal 210. She can kill a McCree easily since he has a drop off shot. That normal?
11/01/2017 02:52 AMPosted by SirReasoner
Think the Ana buff is great but its too drastic.

this means she can three shot ANYONE who isnt a tank (bar reaper, bastion, doomfist). That just makes her a dps now.

The buff idea is good but i think a buff to 65 would be good to get three shots to total to 195. making her less of a DPS but enough to deal enough damage to protect herself.

I am saying as a pharah main, Hit by ana three times and im dead seems OP, and as an ana player, I feel it is too much damage, it will make me play for offensive than defensive.

The reason Ana was a must pick and the reason she was nerfed in the first place was her healing. not her damage. So I think 75 damage is a fine idea.
11/01/2017 03:24 AMPosted by Manular

The reason Ana was a must pick and the reason she was nerfed in the first place was her healing. not her damage. So I think 75 damage is a fine idea.

But to be able to kill a McCree of a soldier or any other 200hp hero with 3 shots makes her a better pick than most DPS characters since she can deal more damage regardless of distance. I think it is just too much to buff her to 70.
11/01/2017 03:29 AMPosted by SirReasoner
11/01/2017 03:24 AMPosted by Manular

But to be able to kill a McCree of a soldier or any other 200hp hero with 3 shots makes her a better pick than most DPS characters since she can deal more damage regardless of distance. I think it is just too much to buff her to 70.

She was advertised as a support sniper. Yes, she has strong healing, she could also provide damage support so she wasn't a damsel.

The only thing people complained about during the Tank meta was her grenade, not her damage.
11/01/2017 12:16 AMPosted by XenoW
10/31/2017 10:43 PMPosted by spunkin49
i think they didnt want us to be able to 2 shot tracer because honestly thats a bit overkill, 3 shots will be nice to have again

They just dont want a Hard Counter for their beloved posterchild

what about mcree flashbang
SirReasoner, your reasoning isn't very sound. You honestly sound afraid of this change because you don't want her to be able to take you out on your mains.

Pharah can two shot Ana FAR more easily than Ana having to aim for 4 (FOUR), now 3 shots. Genji has zero need to worry about a 4 shot Ana. It just takes too long to kill someone to protect yourself, 4 shotting 200 HP heroes.

Ana has zero mobility, so she has to have damage to survive, Zenyatta is a good example. Do you complain when he lines up a full charge of balls right into your face? It's a skill shot and takes time but can keep him alive because he's super slow. Mercy and Lucio have mobility to survive.

Ana CANNOT have NEITHER mobility or LETHAL damage! In short 65 damage would literally change nothing. They will still kill you and then run, IF THAT.
I think they should also increase her clip size, this would amp up her healing a bit. Like from 10 to 12. I often find myself healing someone and them dying cause I have to reload :(
10/31/2017 10:41 PMPosted by SonOfShepard
Sleeping her will do the job.

Lol. Forgot Tracer has recall?
11/01/2017 02:17 PMPosted by EYSHot
10/31/2017 10:41 PMPosted by SonOfShepard
Sleeping her will do the job.

Lol. Forgot Tracer has recall?

Can't recall when sleeping or while waking up naturally. It is then you can combo her.
11/01/2017 02:52 AMPosted by SirReasoner
Think the Ana buff is great but its too drastic.

this means she can three shot ANYONE who isnt a tank (bar reaper, bastion, doomfist). That just makes her a dps now.

The buff idea is good but i think a buff to 65 would be good to get three shots to total to 195. making her less of a DPS but enough to deal enough damage to protect herself.

I am saying as a pharah main, Hit by ana three times and im dead seems OP, and as an ana player, I feel it is too much damage, it will make me play for offensive than defensive.

I agree with sir reasoner here,

I was thinking the same thing about the 65 damage versus 70 damage buff for Ana. Ana has a low win rate (something like 40-45% last I checked at most tiers) because killing a flanker like Tracer or Genji is extremely difficult at 60 damage. By putting her damage at 65, it would put a 1v1 within grasp (but not an easy gimme) versus tracer with a shoot-shoot-melee combo, and the addition of a well placed grenade versus genji. Not to mention you have a get-out-of-jail-free card if you land a sleep dart! I mean you can buy time to get away, coordinate with your team, or even do your wake animation combo for the solo kill to a 200hp hero.

I think her buffs should be just high enough to make any scheming flanker respect getting too close for too long and buy Ana enough time for a friendly "peel" hero to come and assist, thus promoting teamwork. Too often you see that overextending enemy "so-and-so", who is there for the 1v6 deathmatch who gets easy kills on a friendly ana or zen with little regard for what their own team is doing, all the while spamming “I need healing”. You all know what I’m talking about, don’t reward that behavior.

The part where I am concerned is the effect on a Pharah at an excessive range, or any hero 200hp for that matter. I'm a Pharah main who plays around 3700-3800 SR as of season 7 and I vividly remember how troublesome Ana was with her 3 shot kill to me. It was so profound on my performance and damage/kills per minute despite good positioning that I would almost always switch off. Now I'm not saying I'm a god tier Pharah but I know the fundamentals and I personally felt that no positioning or playstyle changes would be as impactful as simply switching dps heroes. Ask yourself how many times have you said man that Lucio is just countering me and shutting me down so hard I need to switch dps heroes, or man that mercy is really wrecking me so I better switch dps heroes, or man that zen is just shutting me down so I better switch dps heroes. I dont know about you but I have to tell you, I don’t say those things when I'm maintaining good positioning and fundamentals.

***Sym is a unique category and yes she has zoning capabilities on genji but in short she punishes genji for being too close with her primary weapon. This post is primarily focusing on heroes that heal and how far from that role they should be allowed to stray***

The over-arching theme here is that support heroes have abilities that punish enemy offensive players based on proximity to them and aren't primarily a huge threat to offense heroes unless they are close. She shouldn't be able to solo kill an offense hero as support that easily. At 65 damage per shot, she'll leave me with 5 hp to scramble for heals or more likely be killed with a coordinated teammate there to easily finish me off (i.e. like my actual DPS BASED counters soldier, mcree, widow) literally 5 damage they need to do...

Make it a team effort NOT an easy support solo...

Just to play devils advocate, one consideration I have in favor of the Ana buff is that if I know an Ana is going to be focused on me as Pharah and I can just hold her attention, that means shes not healing her team. It’s hard to gauge the trade off with the new damage rating but the effect wasnt very powerful pre-Ana Nerf.

In conclusion:
I believe her low win rate is attributed to her inability (damage imbalance) to handle close proximity flankers such as tracer and genji and NOT her inability to shut down a Pharah at a extreme range further than the max fall off range for mcree/soldier.

Focus on the specific need for balancing without creating new problems and imbalance elsewhere.

3 Potential Recommendations to developers:
1. Set damage to 65 HP and call it good
2. Consider a max range on Ana’s weapon consistent with mcree/soldier’s fall of range. (I.E. weapon does full damage up to X meters, then 0 damage after that)
3. Consider some form of damage fall off effective at extreme ranges only.
We need that extra 5 damage, then it will be perfect.

Extremely glad she's finally getting looked at though. It's good to be getting her back.
I think they should have buffed her healing and not just her DPS... Keeping her healing as it is doesn't make her comparable to Mercy at all
11/04/2017 01:51 PMPosted by Milayou
I think they should have buffed her healing and not just her DPS... Keeping her healing as it is doesn't make her comparable to Mercy at all

She's not meant to be Mercy. She's meant to be Ana: the Support Sniper with quick burst healing and damage. If you want sustained healing and damage, there's Zenn. Off you want sustained healing and manueverability, there's Lucio. And if you want a players primary focus to be healing, there's Mercy.

No two characters should do exactly the same thing. Ana shouldn't have the same healing as Mercy, since she should have a higher damage output and burst-heal as well.
Seriously, that Pharah main complaining about Ana is beyond a facepalm at this point, Widowmaker can kill you in ONE hit and you complain Ana can kill you on 3

Both are snipers, both are your counter and with both you SHOULD have a hard time, move unpredictably and you'll be more than fine or just shoot at her because there's a particle cue to her position

You complain that ONE hero will make your playtime harder, well, for ana EVERY SINGLE HERO gives her a hard time, EVEN HER OWN TEAMMATES