SR, do you still care?

Competitive Discussion
Personally I don't, competitive is basically just quick play plus in my eyes and simply is a casual balanced game with a casual matchmaking system. Again as I've said before, fun game, but competitive it absolutely is not! It's more random and I think the game generally only cares about balance at the top 10%.
Are you trying to convince us or yourself?
No I'm asking a question, I thought that was obvious. I don't even look when I pick a hero now lol, I just close my eyes and scroll for a bit then hit select lol
I do. And I do know and play with a lot of people who plays 'competitively' and for good. Have some faith :^) just give yr best in every game
At this point, SR is apparently just an arbitrary number they stick there to make the game have some kind of goal. I've played since what, a little after season 1 ended? and let me tell you, I have never had such a cancer filled pus covered god awful massive sh#t show as this season.

I started playing comp season two and as my first season without much moba and just a bit of CoD experience I ended the season just shy of gold. season 3 I only played about 5 hours, season 4 I broke gold about 2150. Last season I ended a bit over 2300 with a season high in plat. Then as soon as season 6 starts 3-7 to start with placements, over the next day or two it goes to 4-17-1, currently almost 100 games in barely breaking 40% win rate almost all the way down to silver which I haven't been in in 3-4 seasons. Because somehow over a 3 day period (mind you it's not like I even stopped playing during those 3 days) apparently I just forgot anything I knew about the game and lost 4-500 SR worth of skill when literally the only thing that changed was the number at the end of the season.
For having reached GM 5 times, I can admit that this game isn't worth trying for anymore.

The Matchmaking system feels very random and It's not under my control.
I know I can hit GM anytime, but going for it every season is time consuming and it isn't good for me. It burns you out and gets you angry for so many reasons (You've got to admit, Overwatch has so many frustrating variables, it's an accumulation of anger).
09/13/2017 09:36 PMPosted by Saiyajin
For having reached GM 5 times, I can admit that this game isn't worth trying for anymore.

The Matchmaking system feels very random and It's not under my control.
I know I can hit GM anytime, but going for it every season is time consuming and it isn't good for me. It burns you out and gets you angry for so many reasons (You've got to admit, Overwatch has so many frustrating variables, it's an accumulation of anger).

Is it just as bad higher up lol. My highest accounts only at around low platinum. But the games are just as bad as silver games. Same bad compositions no useful voice chat.

I kinda was thinking maybe top 10% had better balance and was less of a mess but seems like it's just bad all around.

It actually makes me laugh though. I'm a hardcore FPS gamer that's played at an almost professional level in many games including current games where I'm ranked in the top few thousand or so.

Overwatch, nope! Overwatch thinks my skill level with 20 years of FPS gaming 4-8 hours a day is at the same skill level of a 5 stack of 7 year olds lol.
Do I care about SR????????

Hahahahahahahah.

Hell to the NO. The moment you pick a hero that I don't like. I immediately throw and ruin your match.

Fix this you morons.
09/13/2017 10:01 PMPosted by D3ATHD3AL3R

Hahahahahahahah.

Hell to the NO. The moment you pick a hero that I don't like. I immediately throw and ruin your match.

Fix this you morons.

No dude you gotta do what I do now. I've put in hours with almost every hero so just make your own mystery heroes competitive edition by closing your eyes and scrolling through for like 10-15 seconds every time you spawn in.
Only reason I care about SR at this point is for my quest for additional golden weapons. Obviously, if I get placed Bronze and can't climb, that progress is going to be much slower than if I place Gold, and possibly make it into Platinum by the end of the season.

Without the reward attached to it, SR is just an arbitrary number. I've played enough games to see players far too skilled to be ranked at my level. I've seen a plethora of people that obviously belong in a much lower rank. Despite my own measurable improvement in the game, I am almost always in the High Silver-High Gold range; the exceptions being after S3, S5, and S6 Placements, where I was placed Low Silver, High Bronze, and Mid Silver...and promptly climbed into Mid-Gold after the first two.

And argument can also be made that SR is far too dependent on the other five guys, with almost no bearing on your actual skill. Thus, it essentially amounts to luck.
09/13/2017 10:03 PMPosted by Oayrus
09/13/2017 10:01 PMPosted by D3ATHD3AL3R

Hahahahahahahah.

Fix this you morons.

No dude you gotta do what I do now. I've put in hours with almost every hero so just make your own mystery heroes competitive edition by closing your eyes and scrolling through for like 10-15 seconds every time you spawn in.

Nice bro. I will get on that bandwagon
yes. I know I shouldn't to save myself from frustration, but I still do.

I care more about competitive points though. sweet, sweet, golden weapons.