MMR Rigged

Competitive Discussion
When the game first came out on an old account i dnt play on i worked my way up to high plat low diamond. I even was using an xbox controller. (yeah i know controller) Matches were usually fair and lots of fun. Stopped playing, a year or so later built a new gaming rig. Made a new account and learned to play on mouse and keyboard.

So on this account, first season i played comp i had played with friends who were bronze/silver. i to wasnt doing as good as usual because learning M+KB. Placed bronze. which is fine, i usually dont care about rank in games. fast forward 300 hours, i have learned positioning on characters i enjoy, maps, counters and my accuracy, elims, obj time has gone up, deaths have gone down now that im profficient with M+KB. But the crazy thing is although im improving massively i keep getting placed around bronze and working back up to gold. then i fall right back down. like the game says i havent improved and wants to keep me in bronze, my original MMR. Matches are always one sided, lots of leavers throwers aswell.

Test 1) went back to old account where i was high plat low diamond, placed high gold and could keep climbing no problem. Did not play any different then i do on here. matches seemed fair

Test 2) A friend with about 800 hours who originally placed bronze could also not get out of gold for 6 seasons now. consistently improving and keeps placing in silver. So they to made a second account, placed mid gold, now climbing through platinum with ease.

Test 3) we both go back to these old accounts, cant win a single game, ive lost about 11 in a row before a win. But on new accounts usually 3 wins to 1 loss.

So its some pretty odd and very annoying time wasting things going on behind the scenes. Its extremely frustrating to think you havent improved over 300hours of play because the game "wants" u to stay where u first placed. It also allows the devs to earn more money in order to do a mmr reset. why reset each season when people will pay full price for a reset.
You need to get better before any "Rigging" happens.

Hell look at my season 5 win rate when I got my butt in gear and chose to get better.

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sulack-11941/season/5

So much losing till I literally told myself id 1 up my game.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
"MMR Rigged/ Proof"

Followed by no proof.
why would you have old account but continue to play on new account after placing 3 tiers lower? that alone doesnt add up.

proof includes actual evidence not just something you said happened.
So wait, what happens if I, a GM player makes a new account and got placed in Plat? Matchmaking rigged / proof that the system should automatically know im GM.
03/02/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
We're always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you're playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I've seen comments like "I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate". It doesn't do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it'll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That's not so you lose, it's to keep your matches fair.

There's one other thing to remember, though. The results of a match that the matchmaker thought was perfectly fair don't always result in a match that is hard fought every meter of the payload and you win by just holding them off from reaching the final checkpoint at 0:00 time remaining. Matches with teams of equal skill result in 3-0 stomps more than you think. Maybe an early fight snowballed out of control due to staggered spawns, maybe a player decided he was going to try to pickup a new hero that match, or perhaps your's cat decided to play with your keyboard right before you used that Graviton Surge and it wildly missed its mark. We're all human, and we don't perform at the perfectly same level all the time. It's one of the reasons competitive games are so much fun to play and watch.
Kaawumba, has got to be the smartest and most reasonable Gold players on this forum.
10/03/2017 01:42 PMPosted by HashBrwnz
When the game first came out on an old account i dnt play on i worked my way up to high plat low diamond. I even was using an xbox controller. (yeah i know controller) Matches were usually fair and lots of fun. Stopped playing, a year or so later built a new gaming rig. Made a new account and learned to play on mouse and keyboard.

So on this account, first season i played comp i had played with friends who were bronze/silver. i to wasnt doing as good as usual because learning M+KB. Placed bronze. which is fine, i usually dont care about rank in games. fast forward 300 hours, i have learned positioning on characters i enjoy, maps, counters and my accuracy, elims, obj time has gone up, deaths have gone down now that im profficient with M+KB. But the crazy thing is although im improving massively i keep getting placed around bronze and working back up to gold. then i fall right back down. like the game says i havent improved and wants to keep me in bronze, my original MMR. Matches are always one sided, lots of leavers throwers aswell.

That's funny, because I started in bronze, worked my way up to gold (over the course of a year) and haven't seen bronze in months. I guess you haven't gotten enough better (remember that the whole community is getting better). My story is not unique. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758756012?page=1
10/03/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Cheese
Kaawumba, has got to be the smartest and most reasonable Gold players on this forum.

He's easily Grandmaster in these forums.
10/03/2017 02:04 PMPosted by HashBrwnz
Funny i get downvoted for giving an opinion. just shows how toxic this community really is.

Nobody downvoted you for your opinion. It is due to the fact that you lied.

10/03/2017 02:04 PMPosted by HashBrwnz
also the proof is that two of us now have been stuck where we placed, yet on seperate accounts it shows that yes we have improved as players.

Really? None of us received any account info to back up your assertions.

10/03/2017 02:07 PMPosted by HashBrwnz
Also this is why i typically dont ever post anything about a game. because people cant have opinion, if its not the same as others then your instantly wrong and down voted. And like i said rank doesnt matter to much cuz its only a game. i thought i would share my fun little test with others. last time i do that.

Once again, opinion is fine, but lying about having proof isn't respected on these forums.

Secondly, no one brought rank into this soooo once again lying....
I changed the title, thank you for pointing that out. No i didnt "lie" about what happened. but im not posting other accounts info on here, let alone my friends info.
HAHAHAHA Gets called out, changes title now =P LULULULUL
Yea i changed it for those who cant have a discussion without video and pictures of the testing i have done.
But i do love to read all the negative comments on the forums. almost everyones posts are filled with rude, toxic and negative people. Good job guys your just proving overwatch really does have the worst community in gaming. "Slow claps"
But when Taimou, Kephri, Jake, Unitloss, IDDQD says its ...

...there is not counter argument... ever

... cos they say the exact same thing

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
10/03/2017 02:20 PMPosted by HashBrwnz
I changed the title, thank you for pointing that out. No i didnt "lie" about what happened. but im not posting other accounts info on here, let alone my friends info.
then there is no proof, just allegations.

You stole my bike. I want it back.
10/03/2017 01:42 PMPosted by HashBrwnz

Test 1) went back to old account where i was high plat low diamond, placed high gold and could keep climbing no problem. Did not play any different then i do on here. matches seemed fair

Test 2) A friend with about 800 hours who originally placed bronze could also not get out of gold for 6 seasons now. consistently improving and keeps placing in silver. So they to made a second account, placed mid gold, now climbing through platinum with ease.

Test 3) we both go back to these old accounts, cant win a single game, ive lost about 11 in a row before a win. But on new accounts usually 3 wins to 1 loss.

So its some pretty odd and very annoying time wasting things going on behind the scenes. Its extremely frustrating to think you havent improved over 300hours of play because the game "wants" u to stay where u first placed. It also allows the devs to earn more money in order to do a mmr reset. why reset each season when people will pay full price for a reset.
they just want u spend money on their game...
10/03/2017 02:05 PMPosted by Pharah
10/03/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Cheese

He's easily Grandmaster in these forums.

Thanks, guys.

Cheese, just as Hashbrnz hasn't shown that the system is rigged, you haven't shown that he is lying. More likely, he has no idea what actually constitutes proof. Or even reasonable evidence.

Hashbrnz, if you want people to respect your opinions, it would really help if your opinions were in line with reality. Though the world being what it is, you'll probably still have haters.
MMR has its manipulations, and can be regarded as unfair. I switched from console to PC a year ago, and as you would expect did horrible and still struggle slight;y as I played with a controller my whole life, mouse and keyboard rewards a skilled hand, but it takes time and practice. I was a high plat as a console player ranked high silver as a new PC player, enjoyed getting a little buzz and playing comp eventually dropped to bronze was able to get out of that fairly easily, got high silver stayed high silver, got a smurf account for the hell of it to see what would happen ranked mid gold, dropped and have stayed around mid gold to low gold, thats where i belong. The SR in this game is honestly pretty accurate, sure it puts you at a disadvantage sometimes, but if you think your a whole lever ahead of where you are at your sadly mistaken, from my observation bronze to gold there is hardly any difference in games, although with bronze you do have some whacky !@# $%^- happening, but over all the skill gap isn't that large. End of the day, theres some good players in these teirs, but something is holding you back and trust me, its not MMR. It plays a small factor, but its not the determining factor. If i dropped to bronze after a bad day I could easily get out of it, which leads me to belive i'm a high silver, low gold player end of the day thats it, sure you get some *!@#ty $%^ games and matchmaking does f you over sometimes, but its not consistent enough to justify blaming MM all the time. My opinion at least.. take it for what it is.

I'm a solo player btw, would be a whole lot easier playing with people if you truly want to rank up you need a group of 2-3 to break that slump. A lot harder as a solo player.