Lucio feels 'heavy'

PTR Feedback
Hi,

Just tried new version on PTR. (PTR patch at 11h15 PM east) As someone with 200 hours of Lucio I would say that this feel kinda great. Only tried it 5 mins on practice range.

I need to test it more but it does feel much better than what we had earlier.
Hey folks we just pushed another patch to the PTR, 1.16.0.0.40504, which includes additional bug fixes and tuning changes. Please continue to let us know what you think, thanks!
Was posting in discord as well. These changes feel like a vast improvement. He feels very much like he did a few days ago, if not practically the same to me. I feel like I've got complete control over the wallrides now, and can managed my momentum, speed, and acceleration in a familiar way. I never tried any of the more famous Lucio rollouts or anything, so I can't speak for those, but the common rollouts and pathways I used on points feel like they're viable again.

Thank you so much!!
I practiced more on a custom map. It does feels much better than earlier today. I understand what you guys were trying to fix. IMO it's not perfect but it work pretty well I think this could be pushed on live after further testing.

The very good wall riding Lucios won't get has much has before but I do think it make it a bit easier for the new Lucio players.
The important parts to me are that I can escape again and that I don't have to relearn everything from a new rework. Almost, if not all, of my wall rides are still viable and I no longer feel like a limp fettucine noodle when jumping off of a wall. The speed is also noticeably different, but not to an offensive degree.

Thank you. Seriously, guys. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
10/11/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey folks we just pushed another patch to the PTR, 1.16.0.0.40504, which includes additional bug fixes and tuning changes. Please continue to let us know what you think, thanks!
I reqeny left a comment on a unit lost video questioning the blizzard balancing team for giving a movement buff to the most op support (mercy) and nerfing my precious Lucio, but upon farther investigation I learned you could get two jumps off one wall, and now Lucio has had his movement fixed properly. So I take back everything I said (except my comments about Ana she Needs a buff) thank you so much I'm sorry I ever questioned you!
Thank you support for addressing the issues and new patches. I just played around with new Lucio in the PTR and he feels like he's in a decent spot. I'm a Lucio main with 100+ hours who practiced all the roll outs on a consistent basis. Lucio is fast and controlled again, but these rollouts may never be possible unless done with specific settings in custom games.

Here are my possible suggestions for bring back Lucio to his former glory while maintaining his current mechanics:

1-a)
Make his "Amp it Up" ability give him the 'super boost' he had before when jumping off of walls. This way, the Lucio players that had mastered the roll outs before can still use them in games, but only every 12 seconds. Even then, they have to choose between healing and the speed.

1-b)
Make his cooldown shorter for amp it up. Before, using his roll outs could make Lucio incredibly viable as a healer despite his short aura, he could quickly jump from teammate to teammate to teammate, essentially increasing his aura size by rapid movement across the team. Now, he's still quick, but lacks prior mobility. For example, we have a Widow/Hanzo/Mccree sniping high up and are low on health, I could quickly take 2-3 seconds wall climb up, heal, and back to my team to help the fight! This way, he can still heal quite a bit despite being a bit more grounded.

1c)
I believe some variation between 1a and 1b could be very useful. Make this 'amp it up' a slightly shorter cooldown, maybe 8 or 9 seconds (with slightly less healing boost to be balanced), have it increase his solo speed (speed increase for team is same, only Lucio himself gets the 'super boost' while using 'Amp it up' for big roll outs getting around quickly). The best option in my opinion.

or here's this...

2) As explained before, Lucio's buggy mechanics before allowed a super boost from spamming jump leading to these massive roll outs. Maybe make it so a double click could be possible to give a slight extra boost but lock it there so it would be fair to all players. Since before only some people were able to benefit from the 'super boost' of spamming. This could allow for the same feeling as before, but I'm not a coder and not sure how hard it would be implement something like that.

Again, I think option 1-c is the best. I'm not saying he's not in a good state now, he's just not perfect feeling for us Lucio players who spent hours figuring out these routes around maps. He's good at gaining momentum and bunny hopping works fine, just often, some of the higher places or farther common reaches you come across maps still feel 'short.' Like, oh if only Lucio could have gone 2 farther to land that jump. 1-c provides the capability for Lucio to go fast, make large reaches, but still have him engaged with his team as a viable healer/support. This ALSO could bring more roll outs to the console community. It was possible before but VERY few players had the ability to spam their buttons or use an Xbox Elite controller for his roll out mechanics. This new work around could allow all players to utilize him the way r/luciorollouts did for a long time without having it be "exploited" as Geoff put it earlier.

As a Lucio main who has loved the character and game for the last year, I hope this provides good feedback for the future direction of Lucio.

-DrJuicyLucy
I, along with 11 other Lucios, just spent close to an hour playing around with the latest patch. I have to say, it feels much smoother and more intuitive to use compared to both current live Lucio and the previous ptr patch. I can't speak for others, but I personally feel that if this Lucio went live, he would be accepted by the majority of the playerbase.

This is a list of my first observations upon trying this patch.

- Lucio feels as fast as he was before the Halloween update
- Using Spacebar and RMB to wallride feels much more satisfying than before the Halloween update
- The current level of vertical momentum makes it easier (compared to current live) for Lucio to gain vertical height while jumping between walls
- The current level of vertical momentum allows Lucio to chain wall rides without turning him into untargetable jet
- Lucio while in healing aura no longer feels as if hes anchored down

Overall, this latest patch feels REALLY nice and much more satisfying to play. My only suggestion would be to slightly decrease his "weight" even further as he still drops down to the ground a little too easily. The best way I can put it - he reaches the apex of his jumps too quickly when disengaging from a wall.

I have to say, new Lucio is feeling great now
I have yet to try the latest patch, but if it is as you all say, it seems our woes may nearing their end.

I cannot thank Bill enough for his help, especially on discord last night in the wee hours of the morning working with us on the issue.

Been testing out the Lucio change for the last hour and a half. I gotta say, it feels really close to pre-Halloween Lucio. You guys did a great job with the changes so far. The two things that feel just barely off are speed and floatiness after jumping from a wall. I messed around with the custom game settings until he felt exactly like pre-Halloween, I set Lucio to 110% speed and his speed off of walls felt really really close to pre-Halloween. The height he gains off of walls is nice, but for some reason he still feels heavy (Maybe lower his wall jump height a little and make his gravity drop to like 90% after wall jumping and quickly rise back up to 100%). Even still, if you guys don't want to give him more speed or floatiness, he's in a good state right now.

Really good job with the changes though.
Still not where he used to be, but started to feel fun again. We're going in a good direction.

He needs more leap, the building of the momentum was a crucial part to have fun as him. It feels like it comes to a stop at times for no reason.
Bump this please!
Exactly my feeling. He felt "heavy" when I tried him yesterday.
Hope they will iterate over this to make him feel about the same as before the bug fix.
10/12/2017 01:02 AMPosted by Drakeso

He needs more leap, the building of the momentum was a crucial part to have fun as him. It feels like it comes to a stop at times for no reason.

As i am currently not near my PC i cant test it out by myself.
Is he able to build up speed again after a few jumps? And how fast can he go again (as fast as 2.0 or still slower?) ?
My last test was right after the first ptrpatch for him..
as someone who loves to play him, i hope he will be as much fun as he was.
Which includes getting realy speedy and bunnyhopping around so you keep some momentum even if you are away from walls for 2 seconds so you are not a sitting duck on open fields ;)

So on a scale from 1 to 20, 10 being Lucio 2.0, how fast is he?
Im thankfull for every piece of information, im stuck with my phone for a few days ;)
10/12/2017 09:22 AMPosted by Tischklaus
As i am currently not near my PC i cant test it out by myself.
Is he able to build up speed again after a few jumps? And how fast can he go again (as fast as 2.0 or still slower?) ?
My last test was right after the first ptrpatch for him..
as someone who loves to play him, i hope he will be as much fun as he was.
Which includes getting realy speedy and bunnyhopping around so you keep some momentum even if you are away from walls for 2 seconds so you are not a sitting duck on open fields ;)

Im thankfull for every piece of information, im stuck with my phone for a few days ;)

He's definitely slower but can go pretty fast again. If scrollboost is 10, Halloween misery a 3, we're at maybe 8 or so.

I recorded this earlier to day. I don't think he'll get much faster than this without using some more obscure techniques. He's very slow in healing mode. Even with walls, he feels very restricted compared to his old self, without Amp it up and speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQufMjgZaM

I feel like part of what made old Lucio really fun, was that he could still reach a fairly high speed with his healing aura up. This allowed aggro play, while keeping mobility and HP up.
10/12/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Rambowjo

I recorded this earlier to day. I don't think he'll get much faster than this without using some more obscure techniques. He's very slow in healing mode. Even with walls, he feels very restricted compared to his old self, without Amp it up and speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQufMjgZaM

I feel like part of what made old Lucio really fun, was that he could still reach a fairly high speed with his healing aura up. This allowed aggro play, while keeping mobility and HP up.

The speed you showed in the video is the speed I had with Lucio's healing aura before they !@#$ing broke him.
10/12/2017 09:56 AMPosted by rotten
The speed you showed in the video is the speed I had with Lucio's healing aura before they !@#$ing broke him.

Kind of my point. Was that OP or not? That's up to Blizz to decide. Personally I hope they give him more speed. A lot more.