I keep losing connection to the game server

Technical Support
1 2 3 15 Next
Highly Rated
I keep losing connection to the game server. I know it isn't a problem with my router or anything like that, because it isn't happening to my sister, who is sitting right next to me.
I checked support, but I didn't understand any of it.
Basically, when i start up Overwatch, it works fine for a few seconds, it buffers for a minute, and then it goes on fine, but today I've just been having trouble. Instead it works for a few second, buffers, and then loses connection.
i've lost connection in every game so far i've played tonight
10/27/2017 06:09 PMPosted by IAmAMuffin
I know it isn't a problem with my router or anything like that, because it isn't happening to my sister, who is sitting right next to me.

There are still possibilities that can be related to either your computer or your router. Is your sister also playing Overwatch on their own computer? My recommended step is check your Windows Firewall port configuration and then your router's port configuration:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/configuring-router-and-firewall-ports
fix ur freakin servers I'm losing sr cause of ur servers keep logging me out mid game when my own internet/router is fine.so !@#$ u. whose going to refund the sr that is lost cause of a disconnecting %^-*in server u !@#$
blizzard pls fix your server as soon as possible, we pay for it, I cant play well because I have 300ms in americas server,, I am from ph.
Same here, i checked all the hardware on my end. Works just fine. Sometimes Overwatch itself even runs fine.

BUT, not at this moment. I bought 24 cases yesterday. I went to open them. After opening the first, the game froze. Had to force quit the game. Restart.
Open the second case, third case. Frozen. Force quit. Restart. Open 4th case, try to equip the new skin i got. Game froze. Force quit. Restart. Find the skin to equip it, game froze. Force quit. Restart.

Ok, whatever. Screw those cases for today i thought. Queued for a quickplay. "You were disconnected from the game servers"

()*#&%$@#_&%)_@#*(&%@#_()*%&@#)(%&@#%(@*)&%)(@*#&%

Something like that.
Marked As Solution
I found the solution!
I deleted my settings file, and then started up Overwatch, and it worked fine.
Well, at least for me.
Apparently I had my settings on high? I remember putting them on medium.
Didn't work for me.
Still lost connection within a few minutes of playing.
Blizzard, fix your servers already.
all my !@#$'s on low and I still lose connection, been having crashing problems since August 5th (and Doomfist update came out on July 27th, my birthday) and have been having trouble since, I can only really play custom games and QP and OW is the only game that crashes, HOTS and everything else are fine so I know its not me personally
10/30/2017 06:57 AMPosted by IAmAMuffin
I found the solution!
I deleted my settings file, and then started up Overwatch, and it worked fine.
Well, at least for me.
Apparently I had my settings on high? I remember putting them on medium.
where are those files?
I've been disconnected from the start of matches 5x in a row. My net is fine after, checking, restarting, etc....just started happening after a small patch a few days ago.
Did I just pay for a game that disconnects me every time?
I am getting banned due to lost connection to game server.
My internet is fine.
happened to me 4 times in 1 match alone today. even when im not playing it disconnects and this issue also makes me lose my sr and it really is pissing me off sorry if my words offend anybody but its so annoying. i know it isnt the computer because im playing at the lan centre.
PISSES ME OFF MAN. Blizzard, we paid for the game. could you at least get your !@#$ right?

Just in 1 Junkertown match alone, i dc-ed 6 times. Game lost connection to server. The internet connection I have is stable and there is no issue with the routers or anything. 3 person in the game have the same issue as me, fortunately that game i won, but I got suspended?

WOW pls check the issue. It's so annoying.
so...the game is over. but i lost connection after that and i still get suspended. wtf bro
Same here! Getting lost connection to server but my internet connection is stable. It happen since yesterday TAT!!!
so i ain't the only one.
Been having the lost connection to server problem since 3 days ago and it happens constantly like once or twice in a game and for almost every game. But today the timing for it was the best , suspended for 2 hours. Since there are so many people from different parts of the whole faving the same problem, then it is pretty clear that the problem is not with our internet connection.
i have been disconnecting for the last two days on every game mode i go on even during queue. it keeps happening. i tried to restart my laptop n wifi but its still the same. pls do something