[MEGATHREAD-UNCAPPED] Symmetras place in the game

General Discussion
Prev 1 311 312 313 Next
Teleporter passive> Spawn time reduces by %20
Shield Generator passive>All shielded health recovery rate increases

I think these would be really well for her to fulfill her role as a support.
Oh and also change photon barrier to anything else really!
Devs can respond to so many front page topics but this thread with many people giving great ideas gets no response after weeks of being up. Makes sense.
02/18/2018 12:17 PMPosted by DrFate
02/17/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Mariip
...??? She'll get less ult charge and her hack effect in Sym has always been negligible, the only change that can wreck Sym is the spread and honestly, we've got 76 in this game already. The only issue is a higher unflux of sombras In game, but it's not worse than tracer
But more sombras mean more emps and sombra is better then tracer at killing syms ults

And now sombra can more effectively take out sym and even if you do the orb !@#$ flick combo it won't kill sombra like it does with tracer

And emp will negate shield gen like it always has but of course the buffs will make sombra more played so we will see emp a lot more

The destruction of her ults has never been an issue with her balance tho. They’re always obvious as to their placement and almost always eventually get destroyed by a decent team.

Like said earlier, Symmetra is one of the worst targets in the game to hack. With this new patch, Sombra will be getting less EMPs so she really has to choose carefully if she wants to use it to destroy tp, which means she won’t have it for her team fights.

The reduced spread is an issue but not a big one. A decent Sombra can still easily kill Symm in the current state.
02/19/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Jaycast16
02/18/2018 12:17 PMPosted by DrFate
...But more sombras mean more emps and sombra is better then tracer at killing syms ults

And now sombra can more effectively take out sym and even if you do the orb !@#$ flick combo it won't kill sombra like it does with tracer

And emp will negate shield gen like it always has but of course the buffs will make sombra more played so we will see emp a lot more

The destruction of her ults has never been an issue with her balance tho. They’re always obvious as to their placement and almost always eventually get destroyed by a decent team.

Like said earlier, Symmetra is one of the worst targets in the game to hack. With this new patch, Sombra will be getting less EMPs so she really has to choose carefully if she wants to use it to destroy tp, which means she won’t have it for her team fights.

The reduced spread is an issue but not a big one. A decent Sombra can still easily kill Symm in the current state.
Sombras will get less emps but you will see more sombras

Rn she's under a one percent pickrate these changes will bump her out to at least 1.5, meaning you will see sombra more so you will encounter emps more overall
The destruction of the forums is upon, let us get one last look at this thread and the number of posts on it for we may never see this number on a thread again, ever

We have done well my friends

We have shaped our reality
If Sym gets buffed up into a typical support, then her weapon should be nerfed down to a typical supports.
I'll say it again, Symmetra is entering a golden age.

Sombra and Mei being buffed means Symmetra's biggest counter Tracer is being indirectly nerfed. (yes I believe Tracer is a bigger counter than Winston. Winston can snap his fingers and clear turrets sure, but Tracer can shut down literally everything Symmetra does with ease)
And buffing the two of these heroes doesn't do much to actively harm Symmetra's viability in any way

yet in the opposite vain, a different mobility hero is being buffed which is much more synergetic with symmetra and far less difficult for Symmetra to shut down when opposed to: Doomfist
Doomfist is insane with the Shield Generator.

Then we also have Hanzo's scatter arrow being removed, which doesn't necessarily mean anything too huge for Symmetra, however...
* Symmetra can flank Hanzo easier without fearing the scatter arrow
* Ultimates cannot be one shot by scatter
* Her Bonus Shields are no longer more or less ignored by Scatter arrows MASSIVE instant damage

Torbjorn is also getting looked at who is a hero known for being Synergetic with Symmetra, yet while also being fairly easy for Symmetra to counter when opposed to so buffing Torb will mostly be good for Sym. Not to mention buffing Torb is another hit to Tracer's viability

And to top it all off, Symmetra HERSELF is getting buffed.

All of these factors will undeniably stack, and Symmetra will be more viable than she ever has been.
Thats wishful thinking but I hope it can be somehow true.
02/19/2018 02:33 PMPosted by sodartic
How is it wishful thinking? I literally explained everything. I never said Symmetra would be meta, just that she's entering a golden era where she's more viable than she ever has been... and... she is
02/19/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Polyrhythm
02/19/2018 02:33 PMPosted by sodartic
How is it wishful thinking? I literally explained everything. I never said Symmetra would be meta, just that she's entering a golden era where she's more viable than she ever has been... and... she is

These heroes being buffed have not stopped being high skill cap, though. It's similar to when you get a widow on your team. I'm all for people picking who they want and I still feel uneasy until I can see they can get a pick.

I think just because they'll be more viable, doesn't necessarily mean we'll see them at a significantly higher pickrate. Symmetra's problems stem more from her kit and how they synergize with the team taking the objective rather than how viable other characters are. Keep in mind all characters being buffed all counter sym either hard or soft. That's my opinion though, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. :)
However they bufff Symmetra, I want them to retain the most unique and therefore interesting parts of her kit, namely:

-Self-propelling barrier
-Two ults
-Utility/Buff only support
-Teleportation & shielding
-Everything about her main gun

The thing which people immediately think of (I imagine) when they hear "Symmetra" i.e. the turrets, I'm actually most open to seeing changed.
For a while Bastion's state was as a troll pick, absolute "trash" to play as.

I noticed around the time the Roadhog damage nerf happened that Bastion was being groomed into meta without many large scale changes to his kit after the rebalance.

Soldier's damage was reduced to 19 / shot.
D.Va's Defense Matrix was halved in duration.
Roadhog's hook and cook combo was limited.
Reinhardt was seen as a must pick.
Mercy gained solo Res potential.

Symmetra is getting a similar treatment, along with a complimentary "I'm sorry" bonus buff to her kit itself. The most effective tactic available may be to play Symmetra sooner than you might think, and that may have interesting results on the playerbase. Mercy's position of poisonous power is vacant, the fans need something new to be angry about. Who better a candidate for mass disapproval than Symmetra?
What's happening to the forums? Drfate
02/20/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Cylv
What's happening to the forums? Drfate

Revamp and apparently all the posts in the old (current for now) forums will be deleted with the changes after a while. So all of these great megathreads will vanish into nothingness until someone starts up the conversation again.
Who’s going to create the new Symmetra Megathread when the new forums go active?
One last post here. For my beloved Symmetra.
Same
Hey guys I was thinking of doing some VOD reviews for sym so if you guys want any VODS reviewed I'd be happy to help

Context about me is that I started bronze and climbed up to a peak of 4125 over the course of 8 seasones and I have stayed gm this seasone mostly I just recently have decayed a bit

So I may be doing VOD reviews and I'd love to do VOD reviews of people on this thread since this thread means so much too me
02/20/2018 10:31 AMPosted by DrFate
Hey guys I was thinking of doing some VOD reviews for sym so if you guys want any VODS reviewed I'd be happy to help

Context about me is that I started bronze and climbed up to a peak of 4125 over the course of 8 seasones and I have stayed gm this seasone mostly I just recently have decayed a bit

So I may be doing VOD reviews and I'd love to do VOD reviews of people on this thread since this thread means so much too me

I don't really know how to do VODS, could you explain that part to me first lol
For the last time, SYMMETRA IS FINE!!!