The balancing of Genji

General Discussion
Genji has been a powerhouse since day one. It's not that he is overpowered, it's that his kit is loaded with some pretty amazing features while everyone else lacks with their kits. It seems like an attempt was made to balance him out by introducing some Genji counters but that doesn't account for the 20 other characters he has no problem with. Also his counter like DF can only charge in a straight line so that's useless.

The team either fixes the heros that they already have or bring Genji down to their same level. As of right now the issues with Genji is he has an insane deflect box. The fact he can deflect anything that has an explosive radius without a direct hit is outrageous. So heros like McCree, Ana, Soldier, and Phara suffer to this. Another issue would be his lack of dmg drop off with the throwing stars. So far the only hero to have the dmg drop off is Mei. In reality if anyone deserves a dmg drop of it's the dude throwing stars. His dash reset is pretty cool but I believe it deserves to be an ability given during the ultimate. It's absurd for him be given such a gift for his regular kit while everyone else waits for a cooldown.

Only ones that disagree are the Genji mains but I understand because all my mains were nerfed. Genji wasn't an issue when old DF or Hog was around. This leads me to believe that the overall issue with a hero is how well it does against Genji. I feel like that's how heros are rated and tuned back if they out perform him.
All genji needs is an accurate representation of his hitbox on deflect. THAT'S IT! downvote me all you want.
Step 1. Pick Reinhardt
Step 2. Protect healer
Step 3. Wait for Japanese
Step 4. Swing wildly at Japanese jumping bean attempting to take away your healer
Step 5. Repeat
11/04/2017 01:03 PMPosted by Dreathbeast
All genji needs is an accurate representation of his hitbox on deflect. THAT'S IT! downvote me all you want.

Of course you're going to be upset. Your main was thoughtfully put together while other heros have been waiting since day 1 to get the attention they deserve. Your main outshines every single other hero kit wise. Your main really doesn't have a solid counter. Winston doesn't count.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAD4JzRQRRc&feature=youtu.be
First couple seconds are cringe
All genji needs is an reduction of his hitbox on deflect. THAT'S IT! downvote me all you want.

Fixed it.
11/04/2017 01:21 PMPosted by QuirkyTurtle
Step 1. Pick Reinhardt
Step 2. Protect healer
Step 4. Swing wildly at Japanese jumping bean attempting to take away your healer
Step 5. Repeat

We need a heros that could hunt Genji down and have no issue 1v1 I'm not saying destroy but have a good chance
11/04/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Kroenen
11/04/2017 01:21 PMPosted by QuirkyTurtle
Step 1. Pick Reinhardt
Step 2. Protect healer
Step 5. Repeat

We need a heros that could hunt Genji down and have no issue 1v1 I'm not saying destroy but have a good chance

Winston already does that tho
Genji is a flanker, a flanker job is to get on the enemy backlines, get a pick AND SURVIVE, it's useless if you get pick but you die anyway specially with new Mercy, and since flankers stay in the enemy backlines they don't stay with their team safely, that's why Tracer and Genji needs kits designed to improve their survival, and their kits are perfect for that, that's why the two of them are the perfect flankers of Overwatch and Blizzard should not change this, no matter how annoying they are.

And no, the ones who disagree with you are not only Genji mains, there are people who wants Genji hitbox fixed and they understand that if they touch anymore than that, Genji would be trash.
Why don't genjis stars have damage falloff? He's supposed to be a melee range hero.

Nope, people need to realize that Genji isn't a tank and Deflect's hitbox should be shrinked.
11/04/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Kroenen

Of course you're going to be upset. Your main was thoughtfully put together while other heros have been waiting since day 1 to get the attention they deserve. Your main outshines every single other hero kit wise. Your main really doesn't have a solid counter. Winston doesn't count.

Why does genjis dash reset tho if he uses it to dive and escape that seems overloaded. That gives him near 30 meters travel in 1 second, that makes him the most mobile hero potentially when all he needs to do to get it is his job. That's be like if soldier got an elim or assist his mag was just filled or if reaper got a kill his wraith form was reset. They didn't put any reset mechanic on any other hero and genji gets it??
His ult charge time needs to be doubled... Charging an ult in the first 40 seconds of a match is incredibly stupid and OP af...
11/04/2017 01:42 PMPosted by SovietNinja
11/04/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Kroenen

Winston already does that tho

So your answer to Genji is the biggest hero, that's the easiest to hit, that cannot perform headshots, and ultimate does real no dmg? Solid work.

Just going to casually mention that Junkrat has a higher pickrate and winrate in Overbuff, consistently across all SR (PC).

All Genji need to be balanced is 1) Fix his Deflect to accurately represent the visual, or shrink the hitbox and 2) He shouldn't be able to cancel Deflect with his Dash.

That's literally all his problems.
And moira is a soft counter of genji
11/04/2017 02:00 PMPosted by htAnger

Just going to casually mention that Junkrat has a higher pickrate and winrate in Overbuff, consistently across all SR (PC).

All Genji need to be balanced is 1) Fix his Deflect to accurately represent the visual, or shrink the hitbox and 2) He shouldn't be able to cancel Deflect with his Dash.

That's literally all his problems.

Casually going to
Mention that junkrat isn't hard to kill by any means.
11/04/2017 02:14 PMPosted by EvilLordMrF
And moira is a soft counter of genji

I am excited for her and it's impact but don't be surprised if she gets nerf when the Genji community outrages. I remember this from someone "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT DEFLECT DF PUNCH!!!" So what they do? Make DF punch have a smaller hitbox than Mercy's pistol.
11/04/2017 02:20 PMPosted by Kroenen
Casually going to
Mention that junkrat isn't hard to kill by any means.

Casually going to mention that if that was true, Genji would have a higher pick-rate and win-rate than him.

Also Junkrat is ten times easier than Genji.

Casually accept that you're wrong.