Implement "Uniform Soldier Aiming" Option like Battlefield 4

Competitive Discussion
Please Implement "Uniform Soldier Aiming" Option like the one in Battlefield Games.

This option allows you to have the exact sensitivity for heroes with scopes like Ana and Widowmaker. Please add this option so I can start playing these heroes too.

More about this very useful option can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe4yUdV9zEI&ab_channel=BULLETGAMING

and here: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494051524581/

Thanks a lot for the great game!
I thought setting the scope sens to 0 did this or am i confused on whats being asked
11/06/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Hart
I thought setting the scope sens to 0 did this or am i confused on whats being asked

You are probably confused, you can visit the link to the video in my post it will help you understand what I am talking about.
You can set customized sensitivity for. Your scope... The way I have it set up is my sensitivity is at 8 in settings and then my relative aim sensitivity while zoomed for widow and Ana are both the same value... I think 30 or 35. They both feel like the exact same scope sensitivity to me by doing this
11/06/2017 11:50 AMPosted by IHaveGoldDmg
You can set customized sensitivity for. Your scope... The way I have it set up is my sensitivity is at 8 in settings and then my relative aim sensitivity while zoomed for widow and Ana are both the same value... I think 30 or 35. They both feel like the exact same scope sensitivity to me by doing this

I know that I can set up the sensitivity of my scope and that is great for the people who want to have a different value for their scope and no scope sensitivity.

Me on the other hand and many others want to have an option that matches exactly between our scope and no scope sensitivity.
This is the "Relative Aim Sensitivity While Zoomed" slider under Hero section when you choose a hero to edit.
11/06/2017 11:59 AMPosted by NicoSwagzawa
This is the "Relative Aim Sensitivity While Zoomed" slider under Hero section when you choose a hero to edit.

I know where I can change the sensitivity for my scope for Ana and Widowmaker.

Please read the post carefully, I don't need help here, I'm asking for the implementation of a non existent feature.
A lot of people set their relative sens to 38 or 50, one for small flicks and one for big flicks, but neither are 1:1.

I have noticed that sometimes when I swap between widow and Mccree it takes a minute to reacclamate my aim so this could help alot
11/06/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Khaled
I know where I can change the sensitivity for my scope for Ana and Widowmaker.

Please read the post carefully, I don't need help here, I'm asking for the implementation of a non existent feature.

You can adjust each hero to have the exact same sensitivity using specific hero adjustment. If you don't adjust each hero separately, adjusting your sensitivity on All Heroes changes it for them all. Otherwise, you can go to each hero and change them to be the same.

USA is best for games with multiple ADS sens modifiers (like PUBG, BF, CoD) because it takes all of those different sensitivity calculations and brings them closer to your main sensitivity. In Overwatch, you're either scoped or unscoped with 2 heroes.

Relative Sens while Zoomed can take care of what you're asking for. Set it to about 33 on both Ana and Widowmaker and you'll have just about what USA has to offer in this game.

Edit: The video you linked has a layman's explanation of USA. Read the explanation by DarkEtheereal for a better understanding of its purpose.
11/06/2017 11:59 AMPosted by NicoSwagzawa

that is not quite the same thing as what tc is asking about. I think he wants the same sens when aiming through a scope and when not aiming through scope.

if you set it to 38 it is almost 1-1 but it ceases to be that way when you make massive flicks. I can never hit anything with snipers in games anyway.
[quote="207575638967"]
Relative Sens while Zoomed can take care of what you're asking for. Set it to about 33 on both Ana and Widowmaker and you'll have just about what USA has to offer in this game.

Edit: The video you linked has a layman's explanation of USA. Read the explanation by DarkEtheereal for a better understanding of its purpose.

Unless the developers confirm that 33, 38, 40, 45, or whatever arbitrary number any one come up with is 1:1 we need an option for Uniform Soldier Aiming

Thanks for telling me about DarkEtheereal post, I am gonna add it to the post because it gives detailed explanation on the way it works.
I don't think you play enough widow or Ana to realize this isn't really a desirable feature beneficial to aiming.
11/06/2017 04:07 PMPosted by WarriorPoet
that is not quite the same thing as what tc is asking about. I think he wants the same sens when aiming through a scope and when not aiming through scope.

if you set it to 38 it is almost 1-1 but it ceases to be that way when you make massive flicks. I can never hit anything with snipers in games anyway.

I know it's not 1:1. Uniform Soldier Aiming doesn't do 1:1, it's SensFactor = atan(tan(ZoomFov/2)*C) / atan(tan(HipFov/2)*C) where C is the coefficient for USA (which is 1.33 because it take originally took width of screen divided by height, and 4:3 results in 1.33).

11/06/2017 05:05 PMPosted by Khaled
Unless the developers confirm that 33, 38, 40, 45, or whatever arbitrary number any one come up with is 1:1 we need an option for Uniform Soldier Aiming

DarkEtheereal worked on USA with dev jjju. The reason I said 30-ish is because they based their 1.33 coefficient on Counter-Strike's ADS calculation which also happens to be a 133% slow-down in sensitivity while aimed down, and I thought that Relative Sens was a percentage of slowdown. Experiencing it in game, it definitely feels like it, but apparently the calculation for 1:1 sens with Relative Sens is tan(51 / 2 deg) / tan(your fov / 2 deg) * 100 If your FOV is 103 (max), the number produced becomes 38, which is why numbers suggested tend to be around 30.