Current SR after placements makes no sense

General Discussion
So, to put it short. Between season 1 and 5 I have been working my !@# off trying to get to Diamond, in the end of Season 5 I finally achieved it. Cool huh? I agree. I was stoked.

Then they changed how placements work. And on season 6 I placed 3088 immediatly, I did play fairly good though. So I was happy with that. But now in season 7 I got placed mid diamond and I really didn't play well.

I am confused with this and I noticed this for alot of other people too. Is this our actual SR or are alot of us getting "Boosted" by the placements where we don't deserve it.

I don't mind being on this SR at all lol. But it seems weird that I struggle getting to Diamond for 5 season and after the change I basically get to master almost.

EDIT:
S5: I played a lot and got to 3011.
S6: I did placements and ended in 3088 and didn't play after.
S7: I did placements and ended 3301.
Maybe you just got better?
Hidden MMR. Good luck.
I actually got placed lower, which didn't really make me happy. But I also went 5-5 and I flexed, so maybe it's my fault for not one-tricking but trying to fit whatever is needed. :/
after done placement i instantly got 4 times in a row complete throwing teams with 2+ throwers that instapick !@#$ and not swap when enemies @#%!#*%! them

Still "perfect" balance
I mean, you pretty much always start back up where you left off from the previous season. So if you placed 3000, climbed a little bit, then started to struggle when the season ended, you’ll start out this season where you ended before, in diamond at the point where you started to struggle.
i havent finished mine hmm i wonder where itll place me
i went 2-8 and gained SR

something seems off. my hidden MMR is nothing special either, usually see people around 3000-3200 in other modes, maybe higher in arcade
11/02/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Slyther0829
I mean, you pretty much always start back up where you left off from the previous season. So if you placed 3000, climbed a little bit, then started to struggle when the season ended, you’ll start out this season where you ended before, in diamond at the point where you started to struggle.
I understand that, but 300 SR above my career high? It just seems a bit abnormal. Whether I belong in that SR ranking I don't know but if this is the case, on where some accounts get placement boosted then I'd rather let it know to the public so maybe Blizzard could look into it, personally I don't want people including myself to be in a ranking that they don't deserve to be in. It would only screw over the people who do have the capabilities to be in that rank. If that makes any sense.