Play fair play nice

General Discussion
I reported toxic players for dozens times if not hundreds. Nearly every time I played competitive and quite often in QP there were players who felt free wishing others cancer/death, insulting others' mothers, insulting one of the teammates/the whole team, typing to the chat instead of playing and so on. I am shocked, I've never met such toxicity before.
I NEVER had any letter saying that those toxic players had any consequences, any punishment at all. What should I do? Block every teammate before the match? That's ridiculous.
And here they are with that OTP banning. Do the team even consider those insults important enough to be reported, or am I wasting my time?
This is like saying "Hey man that guy already has a successful cow farm, should I even start a chicken farm?"

Yes, report people. Why would two completely unrelated reports have anything to do with one another?

If you stop reporting toxic people because of something completely unrelated, that would only make everything 1000x worse.
I report people every day. I suspect it means nothing, but at least when I block and report I don't have to hear from them again.
Nah m8, worst the actually toxic players get is like a 24 hour CHAT ban after like 500 reports.

Not even a GAME ban. Just a mute.
11/12/2017 03:33 PMPosted by Kryptsm
Yes, report people. Why would two completely unrelated reports have anything to do with one another?

As I stated I never had any response. I play together with another person and usually we report together. Neither me nor him ever got any answer, even though they claimed there must be a letter on your e-mail.
well sadly if you want to bann toxic people in this game you must report them for one tricking and not for abusive chat....

mostly I play the game now without any chat, no voice or chat window (before you downvote me I only play quick play not in comp... I would never go alone comp)

and even in quick play when there is nothing to lose people are toxic...
11/12/2017 03:36 PMPosted by Kirby
Nah m8, worst the actually toxic players get is like a 24 hour CHAT ban after like 500 reports.

Not even a GAME ban. Just a mute.

OMG, that's ridiculous...
I have to report someone every day. I'm wished death upon me pretty much on a nightly basis.
I am not sure the European reports are counted very much. Never seen a post here, or the EU forums, or a Reddit post about European players getting a ban or silence.
11/12/2017 03:38 PMPosted by Kisa2
11/12/2017 03:33 PMPosted by Kryptsm

As I stated I never had any response. I play together with another person and usually we report together. Neither me nor him ever got any answer, even though they claimed there must be a letter on your e-mail.

The email system is still a work in progress. They send emails but not to every single person.
11/12/2017 03:45 PMPosted by NuggyBear
I have to report someone every day. I'm wished death upon me pretty much on a nightly basis.
I am not sure the European reports are counted very much. Never seen a post here, or the EU forums, or a Reddit post about European players getting a ban or silence.

yeah I play on the Eu realm as well, probably stupid question but the US realm is a bit less toxic?
I must be lucky, I only see toxic players once in a blue moon.
11/12/2017 03:50 PMPosted by SgtFrog
I must be lucky, I only see toxic players once in a blue moon.

dude I wanna play with you, I pick whatever you want me to pick
today i try us server first time. now im racist and i hate americans. they need huge teraphyy.

eu is fine. except for english kids and russians.
11/12/2017 03:30 PMPosted by Kisa2
I reported toxic players for dozens times if not hundreds. Nearly every time I played competitive and quite often in QP there were players who felt free wishing others cancer/death, insulting others' mothers, insulting one of the teammates/the whole team, typing to the chat instead of playing and so on. I am shocked, I've never met such toxicity before.
I NEVER had any letter saying that those toxic players had any consequences, any punishment at all. What should I do? Block every teammate before the match? That's ridiculous.
And here they are with that OTP banning. Do the team even consider those insults important enough to be reported, or am I wasting my time?

The reason you haven't gotten a letter is because the Email to confirm action of reports system is in a pilot test phase thing according to Jeff. They are looking to eventually put the system in game.

I'd say keep reporting toxic racist sexist jerks. It's sounding like in interviews the devs are aware and working on the report system.
11/12/2017 04:13 PMPosted by BestTorbEU
except for english kids and russians.

Yes, you are definitely racist.

11/12/2017 04:13 PMPosted by mishkalantia

The reason you haven't gotten a letter is because the Email to confirm action of reports system is in a pilot test phase thing according to Jeff. They are looking to eventually put the system in game.

I'd say keep reporting toxic racist sexist jerks. It's sounding like in interviews the devs are aware and working on the report system.

Is that so? I can clearly remember they presented the 'new reporting system'. Yet that one is still not working? That makes me really sad...
I join chat with 5 other people not a word is said for the hole game.