When do you report someone?

General Discussion
Basically, what does it take for you to report someone for say- Abusive Chat, Griefing, Poor Teamwork etc. What's your 'bar' or the line someone has to cross for you to feel it's legitimately reportable?
If you lose just report
According to blizzard
I don't even bother with reporting
Only people that get banned are the one-tricks so why bother
- Toxicity (You guys suck)
- Trolling (Tp set up torwards a cliff, Ice wall in spawn etc.)
- Throwing ( jumping down a cliff, constant feeding with malicious intent )
- Griefing ( emoting, not playing objective etc. )
- Inactivity (selfexplenatory)

Never have and never will report someone for hero pick. I'll respect your pick and expect nothing less than you respect mine. Its on me to make the call when i switch, nobody else. I'll realize myself if its my fault if things dont work out or not.
11/12/2017 03:37 PMPosted by Laughol
If you lose just report
According to blizzard

11/12/2017 03:37 PMPosted by Kirby
I don't even bother with reporting
Only people that get banned are the one-tricks so why bother

You realize behavior like this is what causes the issues in the first place?

If everyone actually reported for the reasons that matter and did what is reasonable, then everything would be better.
- toxic people who spam "retards, kys" .. (i dont report people who say noob one time .. its not worth my time)

- sexist, racist ppl

- ppl who scream in voice chat

- griefers .. blocking spawn as mei, troll tp, people who use ult in spawn

- ppl being afk during match several times to spam chat with insults or whatever

- brainless feeding

- insulting battletag

- derankers/boosters who admit it in chat
When they play Torbjorn

In all seriousness, when they spam voice commands, grief with teleporters, or act obnoxious in chat. I'll give people leeway when they're AFK or get salty, OW can be a frustrating game and life sometimes gets in the way, but deliberately trying to make the game worse gets it from me.
- Extreme toxicity
- Homophobia, Sexism, Racism, etc.
- Sandbagging/Smurfing
- Botting
- Griefing/Throwing. No, it's not cool to throw because you don't like someones pick or think they're throwing, it makes you no better and I'll report that as well.

Those are the main ones. Not seen any obvious aimbots for a long time, so not made any such reports, but did actually report a couple of players today for not teamplaying; i.e. Mercy would only Res, and only really heal/buff the guy they were grouped with.
Racism/sexism to any extent, griefers, throwers, cheaters as long as I know they were cheating (I'm not going to take one person's word for it if they're on my team but it's usually pretty obvious), anybody who screeches into their mic.
whenever they actively try to lose, or be toxic. but lets be real. REPORTS DO NOT DO ANYTHING. if they actually worked, the community wouldn't have to post messages like these bc there would be less toxic players in the community.
I report someone when...

1) They are being toxic and blaming other teammates

2) They are sitting in spawn AFK (usually compliments #1)

3) They spam "I need Healing" 437 times in a row after overextending and dying.
If you pick Genji, you get reported.
11/12/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Deykar
- Toxicity (You guys suck)
- Trolling (Tp set up torwards a cliff, Ice wall in spawn etc.)
- Throwing ( jumping down a cliff, constant feeding with malicious intent )
- Griefing ( emoting, not playing objective etc. )
- Inactivity (selfexplenatory)

Never have and never will report someone for hero pick. I'll respect your pick and expect nothing less than you respect mine. Its on me to make the call when i switch, nobody else. I'll realize myself if its my fault if things dont work out or not.

Essentially everything this guy has said. I have quite the stomach for toxicity though...so it'll be a lot worse than what he suggested before I actually report. (Good GOD man I've played so many games with chats that I've seen a couple get divorced and have an ENTIRE WAR WAGED AROUND IT!)
I may also report on behalf of defending others. Lots of people are toxic as HELL to a specific person on the team (Could be any of the roles really.)

I also like to have this saying:

If I don't feel like playing what we need, I'm not gonna ask for it. If I insta-lock dps and someone was nice enough to play support...I ain't gonna dictate what the hell they play. I may suggest a hero we may need but no one's obligated to do it (I most likely'll do it myself. Only one person you can trust on the ladder is you.) Especially because now I'm a Doomfist main (I suppose...)
For me, it's usually people who refuse to communicate or are toxic in chat. I don't ask that you speak in voice chat, but at least listen in it. Or at the bare minimum use the text chat. If I ask you if you can change your hero and you say no, and preferably give a reason other than "I don't feel like it," then I don't care. You can still win with any combination of heroes as long as you're trying. that's all I ask.

On the toxic side, if you're bashing me or a teammate or harassing someone on the other team, that's a report. There's no need for it and it's not useful criticism. If you're constructive then I'll take it.

The last I occasionally report is trolling behavior. In the midst of combat it's hard to tell if someone is playing or just messing around. But standing still, hanging out in spawn, or wandering around the map without a real purpose are obvious offenses.

In general, it's people who don't take competitive seriously or flame out against others.
I report for spam usually (I need healing/thanks! spam is all too common), but I've literally just had to report somebody for messaging me telling me how much I suck as a character after one bad game. =\ Overall mostly if I feel like somebody's intentionally being a jerk.
11/12/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Quasar
I don't ask that you speak in voice chat, but at least listen in it.
I honestly find it too distracting as the talking and other noises that come over it often override in-game cues and that causes unnecessary problems.

Maybe it's my audio setup, but it's been a longstanding thing since WoW if there was an excessive amount of channel noise. At least then I could use WeakAuras to make additional visual cues, but that's not an option here.
I very rarelly report someone.
On PS4, people barelly use the voice chat, and most don't have a mic it seems :P

So I don't see any reason to bother reporting someone.
I refuse to report someone for using off-meta heroes.
Nothing happens if it's toxicity report. But they act fast on one-trick reports.
I typically report those who:

-Are toxic to everyone mid-match (we're going to lose, GG; you all suck, etc.)

-Repeatedly try to 1v6 and never group up (I say this constitutes Griefing, Poor Teamwork, and Throwing)

-Grief (I mostly play comp and arcade, so I fortunately have little experience with Meis or Symmetras using their constructs to hinder the team)

-Throw (stand around and emote/spam voice lines, jump off cliffs, etc)

-One-trick a hero, then perform extremely poorly. I usually reserve this for people who clearly have no experience on the hero they are playing and refuse to communicate, on top of being hard-countered and dying every thirty seconds. I've done this to people playing all roles, though the worst offenders are Genjis. I've yet to come across a Torbjorn one-trick who exhibited any of this.
i report people who are toxic, calling everyone n word, swearing at them etc....
people who throw or purposefully keep killing themselves, and only once for botting since it seemed to be pretty obvious that it wasnt just skill from the kill cams