Valve one step ahead of the game.

General Discussion
11/13/2017 07:37 PMPosted by TOEǶ
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/the-trust-factor/

Players are now going to be matched with players who have a similar trust / rep to them. Meaning players who often get reported for cheating etc will be placed with others who also get reported. And players who are good within the community get placed with the other good players.

Blizzard pls do this for Overwatch.

hah, cya one tricks.

This would have the same impact as 'Avoid as Teammate'.
after what happened with the torb one trick i doubt this would ever help lul
also keep in mind that people can literally report you for no reason and nobody will check why were you banned till you ask for it
11/13/2017 07:50 PMPosted by Esbern
Mmm... how about no. I've played enough games to know that where there is a rep system, there's room for an extra helping of player-on-player abuse.

Consider the following scenarios:
  • "WAH! This guy's better than me! REPORTED!"
  • "WAH! This guy isn't switching to a second healer even though I demanded that he do so! REPORTED!"
  • "WAH! I'm just being a total !@#$%^- today! EVERYBODY'S GETTING REPORTS FOR CHRISTMAS!"

The way I see it, in the best case scenario, the system has little effect, and in the worst case scenario, the people who try to play off-meta or are simply good at the game get shoved to the bottom with incredibly toxic and scummy players.
That would result in that player getting put into the poor behaviour category. It's not just about who's reported... it's also about who reports. Toxic people probably report a LOT more than friendly players.
11/13/2017 08:08 PMPosted by Kyaw
11/13/2017 07:40 PMPosted by TOEǶ

I would assume that it will take a lot of reports to have your trust factor at a very low, and over time those reports will expire and your trust factor will begin to rise again, so to actually have your trust at a consistent low, you are clearly being a problem in the community, and it's not just some random false reports being thrown at you.

Also CSGO's commendation system most likely plays a role in affecting a players trust rating.
The problem is spiteful players or even worse, 5-premades making a false report against a teammate they don't like for a stupid reason (i.e. choosing a Hero before the match even begins).

It doesn't matter about the reporter having his reports be flagged as false eventually, it's what happens before it the reporter gets flagged. With this automated system, it can't differentiate false to real, so some innocent players can get unfairly put with degenerate players

But 5 reports won't be enought to put you with degenerate players.

Lets say it was 100 reports to get your rep to a very low point, then surely that player is actually being problematic to warrant all those reports. Also I said in a post further up, that reports will probably decay over time making your rep go back up over time. If you are managing to get 100 reports before your reports even expire / decay then you are most likely being a problem in the community.

Getting 100 reports very quickly would take a minimum of 10 games where all 11 players reported you each time. If you are getting yourself reported by all 11 players each game then perhaps you should just take a moment and assess what you are currently doing.
11/13/2017 07:38 PMPosted by Kyaw
First things first is actually making sure false reports doesn't affect this

everyone should statistically be effected by false reports equally, so it still balances out.
11/13/2017 08:23 PMPosted by Riceball
11/13/2017 07:38 PMPosted by Kyaw
First things first is actually making sure false reports doesn't affect this

everyone should statistically be effected by false reports equally, so it still balances out.

That couldn’t be further from the truth.
Mmm... how about no. I've played enough games to know that where there is a rep system, there's room for an extra helping of player-on-player abuse.

• "WAH! This guy isn't switching to a second healer even though I demanded that he do so! REPORTED!"
  • "WAH! I'm just being a total !@#$%^- today! EVERYBODY'S GETTING REPORTS FOR CHRISTMAS!"

The way I see it, in the best case scenario, the system has little effect, and in the worst case scenario, the people who try to play off-meta or are simply good at the game get shoved to the bottom with incredibly toxic and scummy players.

Counter argument to that is actually pretty obvious : People reporting for nothing won't get taken into account. In most games if you report for no reason the system will know about it and disregards your next reports.

The Trust Factor feature would be a great addition to the Overwatch matchmaking and would probably lead to much higher quality games.
Titanfall 1 already did this.

When a person was caught hacking or cheating, they were penalized by the company by only allowing them to queue on a server for this vs others who were found cheating as well, to see how they like it.

They were never allowed to go back to regular servers.

It worked really well.
11/13/2017 07:56 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
And to the "it will be abused" crowd that are secretly apologists for not doing anything (like Congress)

O o f
11/15/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Zeron
Titanfall 1 already did this.

When a person was caught hacking or cheating, they were penalized by the company by only allowing them to queue on a server for this vs others who were found cheating as well, to see how they like it.

They were never allowed to go back to regular servers.

It worked really well.

Oh yeah, I remember that, that was a very nice idea from their part, they didn't even tell us about the system before it was implemented. All the cheaters weren't even daring about complaining, suspecting they were matched against other cheaters without being sure of it. Fun times.

whats this, a player trying to be nice and climb outta this hell hole? not on my watch, reported!