Please disable Backfill in FFA

General Discussion
It's just a waste of player's time. That or MASSIVELY boost the backfill rewards.
Yeah, its pretty lame to join a FFA game and hear right off the bat "3 kills to win" then the game ends.
The thing is though it’s there because games would empty too quickly. People would quit just to stop the top person from winning. Backfill is a good thing even if it has some frustrating side effects.
11/21/2017 01:29 PMPosted by momo
The thing is though it’s there because games would empty too quickly. People would quit just to stop the top person from winning. Backfill is a good thing even if it has some frustrating side effects.

Except they wouldn't because the top 4 get a win which is half the game.
You actually can have fun, just pick a random hero (I used the hero that was suggested for some games) or pick a hero you want to improve or just warm up for the next match.
I don't see the problem... just pick a hero and start killing. Its not like you are lossing SR or something important, you can still have fun and warm up for next match
If you're only playing for fun which at times and I am and don't care. Other times I am trying to get my wins for loot boxes and when the choices in arcade are Mayhem, which is almost a coin flip from the moment the match starts on which side you're on, Mystery Heroes which is RNG on which team gets the better comp first or elimination team games where you're just praying your teammates aren't trolling... Time matters. Especially when you work a full time job and have real life responsibilities and play time is limited to begin with. 400 Exp is not a very good backfill incentive when 1 level is 20,000.
11/21/2017 02:33 PMPosted by Denee
I don't see the problem... just pick a hero and start killing. Its not like you are lossing SR or something important, you can still have fun and warm up for next match

If one had infinite free time, that would be an option. Since we don't, and some people struggle to get 9 arcade wins per week, wasting a significant portion of your game time in unwinnable games is a bad thing.

Let people keep playing and give the top 4 the win. And yes, I realize there would be only 4 left at the end of most games if they did this. It's a better option than the current state where backfills choose heroes that will just feed and don't try, shifting the outcome for the players that have been fighting their hardest the whole match.
11/21/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Superbunny
11/21/2017 02:33 PMPosted by Denee

If one had infinite free time, that would be an option. Since we don't, and some people struggle to get 9 arcade wins per week, wasting a significant portion of your game time in unwinnable games is a bad thing.

Let people keep playing and give the top 4 the win. And yes, I realize there would be only 4 left at the end of most games if they did this. It's a better option than the current state where backfills choose heroes that will just feed and don't try, shifting the outcome for the players that have been fighting their hardest the whole match.

Thank you. At least I know some people get it.
If enough people abandon FFA matches they get cancelled, backfill stops this, one person spending 3 minutes in a FFA match they can't win is better than 6 people spending 7 minutes in a winnable match only for it to be cancelled right at the end cause a couple sore losers couldn't be bothered finishing the match.
11/21/2017 02:08 PMPosted by Vánagandr

So you’d be ok with most of your games ending early with just the top 4 because the other 4 left for whatever reason?
11/21/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Asryam
If enough people abandon FFA matches they get cancelled, backfill stops this, one person spending 3 minutes in a FFA match they can't win is better than 6 people spending 7 minutes in a winnable match only for it to be cancelled right at the end cause a couple sore losers couldn't be bothered finishing the match.

Yeah it's not like the designers of the game can't just make a little change so the matches don't get cancelled. No instead let's waste people's !@#$ing time. *Joining Match* "2 kills to win" *You Lose.*

The current modes in arcade are, Mystery Heroes, which whoever gets the better team comp first by RNG wins. Total Mayhem, which is incredibly weighted towards defense. Low Gravity, which is also incredibly weighted towards defense due to Torb and Widow being gods and being stuck in the air and a sitting duck. Then we have 3v3 and FFA.

All of those modes promote early leavers due to it being painfully obvious who is going to win so if you do backfill, chances are you are in an unwinnable game. So what are you options? Stick around wasting your time for 400 exp, or leave and get closer to an exp penalty because RNG decided to %^-* you. Sounds like an awesome system to me!

11/21/2017 07:38 PMPosted by momo
11/21/2017 02:08 PMPosted by Vánagandr

So you’d be ok with most of your games ending early with just the top 4 because the other 4 left for whatever reason?

Yes! Because those top 4 get win credit. So no one is losing out. You want a free four all that lasts forever and don't care about wins, there is custom games.

They do that anyway. If you get a good start by killing multiple enemies without a hitch then people just leave and stop you from winning by having the game reinstance and cancel. It's has happened to me quite a few times