Help me

General Discussion
I am trying to play with a controller on PC but I can't change,it to controller mode

How do I do that?

It is a ps4 controller
It usually just does it automatically on plug-in. You sure your usb cord is in working order? or are you going for wireless?
11/17/2017 01:00 PMPosted by SwiftDovah
It usually just does it automatically on plug-in. You sure your usb cord is in working order? or are you going for wireless?

I have it plugged it and it is recognized on steam so.
Xbox controller => plug-in => go ingame => press one button on the controller

and just one question: Why ?
11/17/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Ven
11/17/2017 01:00 PMPosted by SwiftDovah

what controller do you have ?
11/17/2017 01:08 PMPosted by DanJackson
11/17/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Ven

what controller do you have ?

ps4. not fan of xbox controllers. too clunky.
yeah me to but getting a ps4 controller to work normal on pc was such a mess that i bought a xbox controller,
and thats normal steam register the controller but it doesent work normal.
you need a software where the programm lets the ps4 controller look like a xbox one for the computer. i tryed it with 2 or 3 programms but it didnt worked. so i bougth a xboxone controller ( not such a fat cantroller as the 360)
They just work because they are from Windows, my tipp its worth buying a used one on amazon or so
I'm pretty sure the only one that it's set up to recognize automatically is an Xbox controller, a fair number of games seem to be like that I've noticed. You might need some third party software to get it to work, or maybe a driver. Best thing to do might be to try submitting a support ticket to Blizzard about it as they would know the most about what works and what doesn't.
11/17/2017 01:16 PMPosted by DanJackson
yeah me to but getting a ps4 controller to work normal on pc was such a mess that i bought a xbox controller,
and thats normal steam register the controller but it doesent work normal.
you need a software where the programm lets the ps4 controller look like a xbox one for the computer. i tryed it with 2 or 3 programms but it didnt worked. so i bougth a xboxone controller ( not such a fat cantroller as the 360)
They just work because they are from Windows, my tipp its worth buying a used one on amazon or so

I used MotionInjoy to do it. didnt put me through a bunch of hassle. Maybe its cuz i grew up on condole but i honestly cant understand why youd ever use m+kb
I'm trying to resist the urge to say "use a mouse and keyboard."

It's really strange though that it doesn't recognize the PS4 controller, most modern games are set up to recognize it (even if the in-game button icons are still for the Xbox). You could try this program, it makes the game think you're using an Xbox controller: http://ds4windows.com/ I've had to use that on a couple older games that simply don't register the PS4 controller.
11/17/2017 01:28 PMPosted by WingedHussar
I'm trying to resist the urge to say "use a mouse and keyboard."

It's really strange though that it doesn't recognize the PS4 controller, most modern games are set up to recognize it (even if the in-game button icons are still for the Xbox). You could try this program, it makes the game think you're using an Xbox controller: http://ds4windows.com/ I've had to use that on a couple older games that simply don't register the PS4 controller.

yeah, its so strange, sony promised a few years ago, they will make it like xbox so you just have to plug it in, but nothing came till now
I use DS4Windows with a USB cable, it's a portable program the reads your DualShock4 as a Xbox controller.

It's really easy to setup and it's free:
http://ds4windows.com/
I can't imagine why you'd want to do this. Isn't the whole point of playing on PC is to have the superior movement and aiming with mouse and keyboard? Aren't you setting yourself up to get wrecked playing versus mouse and keyboard using your controller?

I mean, there's a reason they don't allow cross platform. It would be very unfair. Let us know how it goes. Would be interesting to see a stat comparison of before and after.