Who agrees that Junkrat needs an ult charge nerf?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Highly Rated
Because I’m pretty sure that’s the only problem. Double mines aren’t OP, it’s just you getting triggered by dying by them.
Highly Rated
Yeah, when your team gets a pick and is ready to go in, he will always have his ult which is pretty much a guaranteed 1-3 kills right now.
I agree, and his damage output should be nerfed a bit (80-95 damage per mine/grenade) because feels too easy to play for his high damage output and really frustrating to counter him. Also the blast effect should have a decay (the closer you get to a mine/bomb, the more damage and knockback you will get). I think also he should get again damage from his bombs, or at least take less damage from his bombs.
Meh thats the problem, everyone is focusing on balance.

I DO agree that double mine is not really OP. But did we forget about fun at all? Is really balance prefered over fun?

I stopped playing Overwatch month ago but i occassionally play a game or two, getting killed by a random scatter 450 yolo damage, double mine stupidity or shooting meter from deflect and getting killed makes me run away from this game again very quickly.

Extremely unfun to play against but balanced is not fine in my opinion.
11/23/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Ares

I DO agree that double mine is not really OP. But did we forget about fun at all? Is really balance prefered over fun?

I stopped playing Overwatch month ago but i occassionally play a game or two, getting killed by a random scatter 450 yolo damage, double mine stupidity or shooting meter from deflect and getting killed makes me run away from this game again very quickly.

Yeah I feel you really hard on that one. Sometimes, there is so much bull!@#$ going on..
I don't believe he needs it personally, but if anything that is the only thing they should nerf.
Well to be honest, I say I'm not opposed to it, but the numbers show it's in the middle of the pack for how fast ultimate charge.

At this point I support the change because it would affect people's perception of the hero and on these forums facts mean Jack, but perception of balance is stronger.
11/23/2017 06:40 AMPosted by Str1kernaut
I agree, and his damage output should be nerfed a bit (80-95 damage per mine/grenade) because feels too easy to play for his high damage output and really frustrating to counter him. Also the blast effect should have a decay (the closer you get to a mine/bomb, the more damage and knockback you will get). I think also he should get again damage from his bombs, or at least take less damage from his bombs.

His ult charge needs to be changed and thats about it. You ever think why he had high damage in the first place? 2 reason.

1) To zone out players and discourage them from proceeding because of the high damage and spam; which effectively makes him a defense hero as their main job is area denial. Makes it an effective counter to flanker heroes as well, (we need more counters to flankers btw).

2) Same as the above but more specifically barriers. Junkrat and Bastion are 2 of the most prominent heroes that obliterates barriers. He prevents/ makes it harder for barrier heroes to proceed. You get rid of one of the counters to barriers, people would start complaining about "Barrierwatch" (some already do btw).

You nerf his damage, you cause another imbalance in the game as a whole as well. He's not going to get his self damage back, its not going to happen. It made him trash and since when was the last time Blizz ever revert anything. You nerf his damage, its going to be Roadhog all over again.

He has a moderate amount of counters, dont stay close to him when attacking, keep your distance and shoot or disengage when hes close to you. Range is his weakness.
I think he just needs a whole dmg nerf.. i'm fine with his 2 mines or ult charge its just his ridiculous dmg, and thats not a low tier cry-baby !@#$.. i saw a lot of pro players saying that his dmg is just ridiculous and broken
doesn't need it, but I would take it before any other nerf, and its the only remotely plausible one I see the community talking about.

People should be learning how to deal with him by now, and if they go and nerf him besides ult charge, hes going to be an overly weak hero that everyone has learned how to counter.
11/23/2017 07:03 AMPosted by Daytona
I think he just needs a whole dmg nerf.. i'm fine with his 2 mines or ult charge its just his ridiculous dmg, and thats not a low tier cry-baby !@#$.. i saw a lot of pro players saying that his dmg is just ridiculous and broken

Despite his damage being the same from before? Can you give me the list of these "pros" so I can show you a group of people who obviously never heard of junkrat?

His damage hasn't changed and a lot of streamers have a lot of hyperbole on their diet, saying "that's OP" for the dumbest thing since it's lost all meaning for the community
Or his conc mine damage halved. Either or works for me.
His ultimate is way too prevalent. I don't care about his insane amounts of DPS, or his suprising mobility, or his forgiving damage-to-precious ratio. All I want is for the rip tire (which was recently buffed to be incredibly fast) to be as common as the other ults. He earns it way too fast.
120 to 80-95 isn't "little" at all LMAO
He already has an ult-charge nerf built into the game.. called STOP STANDING WHERE HUGE RED BALLS ARE FLYING.
11/23/2017 05:48 AMPosted by CoolBiz125
Because I’m pretty sure that’s the only problem. Double mines aren’t OP, it’s just you getting triggered by dying by them.
I belive double mines are not Op but they should get a damage reduction of at least 80 dmg instead of 120
11/23/2017 07:31 AMPosted by CoolMercy
He already has an ult-charge nerf built into the game.. called STOP STANDING WHERE HUGE RED BALLS ARE FLYING.

Yeah, Junkrats don't play like that anymore. Now they just banzai dive in, shoot their conc load for an easy kill and simultaneously launch out to safety. Wash, Rinse, Riptire.
I know they took away the 25% reduction to ult charge after meis ult got buffed

because after that junkrat wouldn't get his ult after a straight quad kill.

we need another global nerf to ult charge and i think only two or three heroes need to be adjusted so they don't take forever (looking at you orisa)

These are all the absolute worst suggestions you could possibly come up with. An honest-to-god 33% damage decrease on the character's primary fire? You're ACTUALLY suggesting that he be WORSE than when he was F-Tier. You have no idea what you're suggesting. Go away.

11/23/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Ares

You might want to be careful focusing so much on "fun", because according to waaaaaaaaaay more members of this community than you, Genji is the least fun to play against in the whole game. If we took your post to heart, he'd be nerfed straight into Junkrat's old F-Tier and he'd never come back.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759546379

Junkrat would be on the list, I don't doubt it. But Genji 100% would come first, and we all know it's true.
11/23/2017 07:33 AMPosted by KillerSnake8
11/23/2017 05:48 AMPosted by CoolBiz125
I belive double mines are not Op but they should get a damage reduction of at least 80 dmg instead of 120

And if they did that, it wouldn't matter.

People will still get fragged in CQC with 120 primary + 80 trap.

And the trap will have to be buffed to 120 to keep the mine set up.

People would die more often to the trap and complain how it's "bugged" since it goes through the ground and how it's impossible to see ( despite it always being like that)

The reality is people will still run at junkrat and die to a combo only effective in close range.

So....