Who agrees that Junkrat needs an ult charge nerf?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
11/23/2017 07:39 AMPosted by CorruptGamer
People would die more often to the trap and complain how it's "bugged" since it goes through the ground and how it's impossible to see ( despite it always being like that)

This is honestly not an exaggeration, I had a level 140-ish player yesterday complain about how "convenient it was that my trap, specifically, was sunk halfway into the ground" when he ran into it three times as Genji while we were in a match of Lunar Colony. As if he'd never run into that before. Level 140.

How and why do these people exist?
11/23/2017 07:37 AMPosted by Result
11/23/2017 06:40 AMPosted by Str1kernaut
I agree, and his damage output should be nerfed a bit (80-95 damage per mine/grenade) because feels too easy to play for his high damage output and really frustrating to counter him. Also the blast effect should have a decay (the closer you get to a mine/bomb, the more damage and knockback you will get). I think also he should get again damage from his bombs, or at least take less damage from his bombs.

These are all the absolute worst suggestions you could possibly come up with. An honest-to-god 33% damage decrease on the character's primary fire? You're ACTUALLY suggesting that he be WORSE than when he was F-Tier. You have no idea what you're suggesting. Go away.

11/23/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Ares
Meh thats the problem, everyone is focusing on balance.

I DO agree that double mine is not really OP. But did we forget about fun at all? Is really balance prefered over fun?

I stopped playing Overwatch month ago but i occassionally play a game or two, getting killed by a random scatter 450 yolo damage, double mine stupidity or shooting meter from deflect and getting killed makes me run away from this game again very quickly.

Extremely unfun to play against but balanced is not fine in my opinion.

You might want to be careful focusing so much on "fun", because according to waaaaaaaaaay more members of this community than you, Genji is the least fun to play against in the whole game. If we took your post to heart, he'd be nerfed straight into Junkrat's old F-Tier and he'd never come back.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759546379

Junkrat would be on the list, I don't doubt it. But Genji 100% would come first, and we all know it's true.

But you get it wrong, i dont support “nerf because its unfun”. Just rework it and keep power the same, i know its hard, but blizzard is huge and they are definately able to.
11/23/2017 07:34 AMPosted by NlMH
11/23/2017 07:31 AMPosted by CoolMercy
He already has an ult-charge nerf built into the game.. called STOP STANDING WHERE HUGE RED BALLS ARE FLYING.

Yeah, Junkrats don't play like that anymore. Now they just banzai dive in, shoot their conc load for an easy kill and simultaneously launch out to safety. Wash, Rinse, Riptire.

If a loud giggling trash man dives your team and kills a few of you, you guys are just bad.

Even if I try to do that in QP because it's QP, I'll die before I hit the ground.

Seriously, how bad are your teams, because you're either lying, or you just get paired with people who have 0 awareness
11/23/2017 07:37 AMPosted by Shadow426

we need another global nerf to ult charge and i think only two or three heroes need to be adjusted so they don't take forever (looking at you orisa)

You've never played Zarya. Not only that but she got nerfed two-fold since they reduced the amount of energy she can absorb from her barriers around the same time as the blanket Ult charge nerf, thus taking longer to build energy and by exentsion, build Graviton Surge.
11/23/2017 06:49 AMPosted by Phell
11/23/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Ares
Meh thats the problem, everyone is focusing on balance.

I DO agree that double mine is not really OP. But did we forget about fun at all? Is really balance prefered over fun?

I stopped playing Overwatch month ago but i occassionally play a game or two, getting killed by a random scatter 450 yolo damage, double mine stupidity or shooting meter from deflect and getting killed makes me run away from this game again very quickly.

Extremely unfun to play against but balanced is not fine in my opinion.

Yeah I feel you really hard on that one. Sometimes, there is so much bull!@#$ going on..
Spam abilities are really strong in this game, it's really frustrating.

And now on top of all the previous ones, we have Moira's orbs.

I once spent an entire minute trying to fire a single shot with Widowmaker without any success, because before I even charged up my shot I was low, and had to heal at the nearby hacked healthpack.
Our Sombra had ult before I did any damage.
11/23/2017 07:43 AMPosted by Ares
But you get it wrong, i dont support “nerf because its unfun”. Just rework it and keep power the same, i know its hard, but blizzard is huge and they are definately able to.

I don't "get it wrong", I "get it based on what your post said."

And by the way, "reworking the character to make them fun to play against" means "taking away what people think is unfun"; in Junkrat's case, yeah, that might be the spam. In Genji's case, though, it would be things like his deflect, his dash reset, and his mid-air double-jump playstyle. You underestimate how much these "reworks for the sake of fun" would actually change.

Because, again, Genji would 100% get hit with the worst of it. There is absolutely zero doubt that more people believe Genji is unfun to play against than Junkrat.

Not the person you're talking to, but you did say it was unfun. You want it changed because of the 'fun' aspect but not considering the balance overall. Fun is relative and subjective, I find Genji to be balanced, but annoying to fight against, it sucks out the fun aspect. Is balance prefered over fun? How about we rework him? See what I did there?

He does not need any rework at all, his ult charge needs to be tweaked, thats about it. Other heroes are in need of reworks mind you, and Junkrat is the last person that should be reworked.
11/23/2017 07:37 AMPosted by Result
These are all the absolute worst suggestions you could possibly come up with. An honest-to-god 33% damage decrease on the character's primary fire? You're ACTUALLY suggesting that he be WORSE than when he was F-Tier. You have no idea what you're suggesting. Go away.

You might want to be careful focusing so much on "fun", because according to waaaaaaaaaay more members of this community than you, Genji is the least fun to play against in the whole game. If we took your post to heart, he'd be nerfed straight into Junkrat's old F-Tier and he'd never come back.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759546379

Junkrat would be on the list, I don't doubt it. But Genji 100% would come first, and we all know it's true.

You understand the last thing you want to be reworked is junkrat right?

I've made a post like this before but I'll give ya an idea of the direction junkrat would go in if he got reworked.

I won't touch exact numbers but let's say his damage overall gets nerfed.

But since his primary is already innacurate, they increase the projectile speed and/or allow you to cook the grenades to launch them faster and be more accurate

see where I'm going yet?

Worst case scenario you get a more accurate junkrat that maintains mobility and could handle enemies effectively past medium range.

He borders on an accurate explosive ranged hero.

And ya know what? Sure would it change his play style? Yup, but trust me when I say He'd end up 10× stronger if he was made more accurate
Low ranks just need to stop feeding Ult charge.
Particularly with tanks like Dva and Roadhog.

According to this website, it takes 1575HP damage to charge one ultimate charge.
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Junkrat
(Keeping in mind, Junkrat has one of the slowest passive Ult charge rates)
Which is about 8 Soldier kills.

For reference, Tracer takes 1125 damage,
Genji takes 1500 damage
and Pharah takes 1850 damage.

So either you have Junkrat getting tons DPS kills.
Orrrrr your tanks were feeding like crazy.

Just One Roadhog kill could easily feed 900 damage.
Just One Dva kill comes in a 750 damage.
I do, nerf it into hell
11/23/2017 08:59 AMPosted by AbabyTurt1e
I do, nerf it into hell

Still won't stop you from walking into bombs, helpless, like a baby turtle.
11/23/2017 08:59 AMPosted by AbabyTurt1e
I do, nerf it into hell
If you nerf it that much then it won’t even be alive.
All ik is that the second i change to junkrat, all golds
11/23/2017 10:23 AMPosted by GrayJoniXx

I hate to be "that guy", but.. yeah, you're playing on console.

(Also, based on your actual profile, it's more like "all silvers.")

Then your team lacked any teeth and had no impact, congrats you might be helping your team.
Based on my calculations, the enemy never had a Pharah.
11/23/2017 07:43 AMPosted by Result
11/23/2017 07:39 AMPosted by CorruptGamer
People would die more often to the trap and complain how it's "bugged" since it goes through the ground and how it's impossible to see ( despite it always being like that)

This is honestly not an exaggeration, I had a level 140-ish player yesterday complain about how "convenient it was that my trap, specifically, was sunk halfway into the ground" when he ran into it three times as Genji while we were in a match of Lunar Colony. As if he'd never run into that before. Level 140.

How and why do these people exist?
I’ve had the same type of teammate. That was a gold border. I’ve run into them before in competitive and they never had a problem with Junkrat’s trap, but they suddenly complained in one of my recent games. Some people....sheesh.
Couldn’t agree more
I'd rather see 50 HP tires, so that it isn't only a small amount of the cast that can actually kill the thing in time. Tires are basically guaranteed kills unless the enemy team has a very attentive McCree, Widow, Junkrat (with mine not on CD), or Rein (with fire strike not on CD).
11/23/2017 05:48 AMPosted by CoolBiz125
Because I’m pretty sure that’s the only problem. Double mines aren’t OP, it’s just you getting triggered by dying by them.

Good post.