Reaper

General Discussion
When he got his minor buff, he felt great to play again, but he is slowly feeling worse and worse to play. He has only one style of play ( point blank, no retreat), his ult just feels more and more useless as more and more mobilty/ stun heroes are being released (its not bad, but a zarya is required to even think about using it now). I can play other heroes, but he was the most enjoyable so now I'm prob just going to stick with getting my three lootboxes for the week. Its just not as fun anymore when the hero you practice never gets any viability.
12/08/2017 04:12 PMPosted by Jacvk
When he got his minor buff, he felt great to play again, but he is slowly feeling worse and worse to play. He has only one style of play ( point blank, no retreat), his ult just feels more and more useless as more and more mobilty/ stun heroes are being released (its not bad, but a zarya is required to even think about using it now). I can play other heroes, but he was the most enjoyable so now I'm prob just going to stick with getting my three lootboxes for the week. Its just not as fun anymore when the hero you practice never gets any viability.

in b4 someone sais BUT HES GOOD IN TRIPLE TANK HE DOESENT NEED A BUFF

yeah because triple tank is used so often

Suggested 1 change awhile back that I think would give the edge lord a little boost without pushing him over the edge. An alt fire that causes him to fire both his shotguns at once consuming 2 bullets and either caused him a longer delay before shooting again or was on a cd like lucio boop. Figured it'd be good for him to finish off lower health tankier targets without it being abusive in the sense he could 1 shot body shot squishies. Also it'd be a nice chunk of sustain in bumpy situations.
I feel like the majority of ppl who downvote reaper threads are low plat and below
12/08/2017 04:36 PMPosted by CrazyMage
I feel like the majority of ppl who downvote reaper threads are low plat and below

Usually gold and below tbh. After that point, people realize his ideal range is only 3-5m.
I’d like to see him become more viable, but I’m not exactly sure how.

I know don’t want that double shot ability idea mentioned above. Two shots to the head already takes out -200 heroes. Don’t need another one shot ability.

Maybe just a bit tighter spread would help him.
12/08/2017 04:39 PMPosted by Jacvk
12/08/2017 04:36 PMPosted by CrazyMage

Usually gold and below tbh. After that point, people realize his ideal range is only 3-5m.

yeah but because hes actually good in those ranks their hella biased I mean ffs he has a lower pick rate then doomfist in gm lmao
a tighter spread would be awesome, rn I have better luck with torb's alt fire than I do with reapers insane spreadgun. either that or an altfire that give him more range but uses up more ammo? maybe he could shoot soul orbs for it!
His e is dog !@#$ and to be fair he is the reason 3 tank is not used since before in s3 dva with 4 sec dm or hog with one shot combo hard countered reaper but now nothings stoping him against 3 tank
Reaper needs something. He doesn't have range, he doesn't have mobility, CC, or any kind of utility. All he has is damage, close range and he doesn't have either a way to get to his opponent or to get his opponent to him. People will actually cry for you to switch off Reaper and go Junkrat.
The two problems with Reaper IMO is:
1. Everything he does, there is another character who does the same and also does something else;
2. He isn't even the best at doing what he does best (tank busting) because the rest of his kit doesn't help him do it.
Reaper has one point in the whole game in which he works good (Anubis point B) and even then it's not that strong.
- Tighter spread
- Same movement speed as Tracer and Genji
- Faster shadow step animation
- Faster movement speed in wraith form

That's a start.
I don't get the problem with a niche. You use him when you need him, he's good at his niche when you need to use him, and you use someone else when Reaper isn't enough.
shadow step should just be a 10 meter blink.
then he could engage without telling everyone exactly where he is going while being extremely vulnerable with shadow step.
Someone says it every time we have one of these threads, so I'll be the guy who says it now...

Can we please get a buff on Shadow Step's cast time? I can step away from the computer and make myself a sandwich in the time it takes to cast.
works fine for me, i feel like most people think reapers ult is just "press q" when really you have to set it up like a grav, wait for the perfect moment just when they all group up, and dont wraith in the middle of them like an idiot they will all see it coming
12/08/2017 05:10 PMPosted by Pakaku
I don't get the problem with a niche. You use him when you need him, he's good at his niche when you need to use him, and you use someone else when Reaper isn't enough.

no one uses triple tank
12/08/2017 05:26 PMPosted by CrazyMage

no one uses triple tank

People do use triple tank but even against triple tank you can just take a Junkrat who'll be much more effective in busting down barriers from a distance before engaging in close range, while Reaper has to get to close range to even kill barriers. And if the enemy is running triple tank with Winston and Dva you'll prefer to have a Roadhog who also has 1. More range 2. More survivability 3. CC.

This is the main thing - Reaper is mostly weak because there's always better choices to do his job.
12/08/2017 04:16 PMPosted by CrazyMage

in b4 someone sais BUT HES GOOD IN TRIPLE TANK HE DOESENT NEED A BUFF

yeah because triple tank is used so often

If one more person says reaper is good against triple tank im gonna vomit.

Go ahead. Try to run through a rein hog zarya.

The combo assures zarya is at max charge. Reaper cant get in. Dont do it. Dont throw.
12/08/2017 05:26 PMPosted by CrazyMage

no one uses triple tank

Depends on the players. Triple tank is hard to bust. Reaper gets !@#$ing rekt by it.