Moira Nerf on ptr...

PTR Feedback
Highly Rated
Moira has been nerfed. Her weapon hitbox is now half smaller. But why??? You ruined Doomfist with the hit box Nerf and now you want to ruin moira?? I mean if the Nerf goes live Moira will be dead in consoles... If you want to make her weapon like that at least give us head damage! Please don't Nerf her yet. Wait one week in comp and then Nerf her. But noooo let's Nerf her because she can counter genji and tracer so now she can't :(
They can't help themselves with the nerfs, she wasn't even close to being OP she doesn't need nerfs.
11/20/2017 09:28 PMPosted by Deadman
They can't help themselves with the nerfs, she wasn't even close to being OP she doesn't need nerfs.

I know that she's balanced but blizzard nerfed her on ptr
i hate it
First hero that released in a functioning state immediately.. and they go and ruin it.
They were probably being ridiculous and going "but she's getting so many eliminations," even though she's basically contributing chip damage to most of then like D. Va. She couldn't hunt down, flank, and kill the flankers while they were fully kitted or anything crazy like that. She just wasn't easy for them to just dodge, while at the same time being no too much to handle for slow moving characters. Honestly the character that was shutting me down most were Hog and McCree. As a result, I saw way more McCree play than I had in the past. It was a nice change of pace and a perfect counter to flankers.

You don't just design a duo of characters that are designed to screw up precision shots and avoid debuffs, then demand that everything that counters them be a precision shot or a debuff easily avoided by mobility.

Moira added a balanced game design solution to that issue. She was less easily dodged by highly mobile characters, but easy to shutdown with the kinds of kits that less mobile characters had thanks to having the lowest damage output.

Would've at least liked to see how it played out in comp.

:\
I seriously begin to wonder if the devs even try different modes when they 'play' because WHAT THE !@#$.

Moira was chosen pretty consistently in vs AI for maybe 3 days. Now you barely see anyone insta-locking her. That's how bad her damage is. The top healers in vs AI right now are Ana, Zen and Lucio. People rarely choose Mercy or Moira and if someone does? Someone else auto switches to the other 3 because of Mercy's res nerf and Moira just not being able to carry a team by herself.

And this is in vs AI where the bots aren't even all the heroes you can go against. So instead of giving people an actual chance of trying her out, the tongue in cheek from Jeff at Blizzcon of 'OP as heck' that was taken out of context, and letting a possible welcome change to their stagnant meta.....it's nerf her hit box to the point where it was already hard enough to hit someone.

OH. OH. And to top this cake off? Her damn damage beam targets the payload. For a few I thought it was going through the payload but nope. If you get her too close to the payload, it's Symmetra's targeting friendly Mei walls all over again.
Some new heroes make Genji lifes harder? Not on my game! Quick, prepare the nerf hammera
Genji mains -> proceed to complain about no aim/no skill heroes

Genji mains -> jump around 2 inches above you spamming fan of blades not aiming at all

Moira -> nerfed
Wow... No faith in blizzard anymore. This is enough. The favoritism is making me stomach sick...

A PERFECT hero nerfed.. Incredibly stupid decision making....
The thing about Moira was that she was the perfect counter to mobile heroes. Most of them, with the exception of Soldier, rely on getting in, avoiding or nullifying damage, and then getting out.

Her beam hitbox made all of their dodging much less effective. But, because of her low damage output, characters given better tools to stand their ground rather than getting out fair very well. McCree just has to fan the hammer combo, and she's easier to hit with it than either Tracer or Genji. Bastion just goes turret and mows her down. Soldier just tosses down his heal and mows her down. Etc etc.

Because of this Moira can't just go around flanking and be played to her full potential. If she's doing that she's not healing her team, and she's a fairly straightforward kill. So she needed to stay with, which gave ranged heroes and Reaper a better shot at killing her. Because she isn't constantly diving the backline from nowhere. And they can more easily kill her from outside her effective range.

The same isn't true for the DPS flankers because they usually get to pick the engagement and aren't going to let you kill them outside of their effective range for the most part.
To all the people complaining blizzard haven't tested Moira in a competitive environment or a professional level.. They have, alot of pro players and lower rank teams (one I myself am in) have tested her during scrims and she seems way too strong and almost a necessity. Right now on live she can self heal way too much while requiring little aim.. the soft-lock gone adds a higher skill cap to the character which was very much needed to seperate the plebs from the pro's.
11/21/2017 01:51 AMPosted by Gromidon
alot of pro players and lower rank teams (one I myself am in) have tested her during scrims and she seems way too strong and almost a necessity.

Source us with this information, oh Genji main of the forums!!
Sadly I don't have the source, because it was an exchange of words between my team and other teams.

Here is a source that a pro's feedback discord does exist and is in contact with the blizzard dev team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/6lfu4d/discussion_on_the_pro_player_discord_and/?st=ja9i15ql&sh=e305da9c
Why is that a problem? She has very nice health regen, and killing her as charging dva with rockets takes ages. Not to mention her ability to blink, or flying auto-lock Orbs.
Moira can't hit people as easily now. Tracking has to be nearly perfect to connect. This means she outputs far less (already low) damage and cannot recharge her own heals as fast, so healing output is also way down.

She went from being fun and exciting to useless and heart breaking in one small change.

My faith in the game was restored when Moira came out because I enjoyed playing her and wanted her to be my new main, but now, I'm probably just going to give up on this game.

They do this to Moira, yet Sym's bacon wave can still snap and bend around corners and nuke people in seconds. They should not have messed with Moira at all, but if they really wanted to shoot some nerf bullets, they should have nerfed her (already low) damage even further, not took away her ability to hit players.

I went from getting gold medals every match in something to not even showing up on the board now. I'm lucky to get silver healing since I can't recharge the heals very fast.

So tell me Blizzard, what is Moira's purpose now? She's just kind of... there. She doesn't out heal anyone now. She can't hold her own against any dps. She can't output damage hardly at all. Why would I pick her?
11/20/2017 09:39 PMPosted by VenusArmani
They were probably being ridiculous and going "but she's getting so many eliminations," even though she's basically contributing chip damage to most of then like D. Va. She couldn't hunt down, flank, and kill the flankers while they were fully kitted or anything crazy like that. She just wasn't easy for them to just dodge, while at the same time being no too much to handle for slow moving characters. Honestly the character that was shutting me down most were Hog and McCree. As a result, I saw way more McCree play than I had in the past. It was a nice change of pace and a perfect counter to flankers.

You don't just design a duo of characters that are designed to screw up precision shots and avoid debuffs, then demand that everything that counters them be a precision shot or a debuff easily avoided by mobility.

Moira added a balanced game design solution to that issue. She was less easily dodged by highly mobile characters, but easy to shutdown with the kinds of kits that less mobile characters had thanks to having the lowest damage output.

Would've at least liked to see how it played out in comp.

:\

Its the gold elims fallacy.
If Moira throws her damage orb at the enemy who is grouped as 6.
The damage is split between 6...so 200/6 =33.33 repeating of course damage per target.

This is just a little more than a melee per target that is counting towards her elimination count. The fact that her ultimate can also go through barriers can also help up this amount too.
please Blizzard stop nerfed this heros is completely balanced.
GOOD GOD, MOIRA CANT EVEN DO !@#$ TO TORB TURRETS, NOW YOU NERF HER LOCKING??????