Junkrat reload problem

General Discussion
I think a big issue people have with junkrat is how much damage he can dish out with very little skill this even if his abilities were disabled he would dish out so much damage simply because his "pills" have no damage falloff and bounce around so much it doesnt require much aim to land.

A nerf i would recommend is that junkrats reload be extended or changed. As it stands he reloads the entire clip in around 3 seconds. I think extending that timer to something like 5 or 6 and make him reload bombs 1 by 1 but be able to shoot mid reload.

His ult charge rate would go down as he couldn't just spam the point from far away as often and it would require some aim to actually land shots or else you have a long reload to go through
So nerf a perfectly fine weapon, but ignore issues like the Tire charge speed. Well okay, I guess.
His reload speed is 1.5 seconds and feels like a lot when you get shot at while reloading.

2nd, if he is spamming from far away, past medium range, in cover, he can't see you. His bombs only have a blast radius of 2 meters and travel at 17.5 meters per second, they glow, and they are slow.

Blind spam, especially at range is easy to dodge, this is an awareness issue, not a balance issue.

I remember back in the begining of the game the rare thread of how to not die by junkrat spam and everyone being helpful and stating how easy it was to avoid.

Guess it shows me how little he was played outside of me picking him back then to now.
Junkrat's reload is 1.5sec, and Pharah is 1.0sec

Junk is fine.
I think a big issue people have with junkrat is how much damage he can dish out with very little skill this even if his abilities were disabled he would dish out so much damage simply because his "pills" have no damage falloff and bounce around so much it doesnt require much aim to land.

A nerf i would recommend is that junkrats reload be extended or changed. As it stands he reloads the entire clip in around 3 seconds. I think extending that timer to something like 5 or 6 and make him reload bombs 1 by 1 but be able to shoot mid reload.

His ult charge rate would go down as he couldn't just spam the point from far away as often and it would require some aim to actually land shots or else you have a long reload to go through

Reload Speed, Distance and grenades are fine.

The nerf you are suggesting would actually be an absolutely terrible buff for him. He would yes have a slower rate of fire due to the reload + fire plug like more FPS have with launchers and Shotguns. With how simple he is to use, this would greatly encourage endless spam with realistically little to zero down time.
Example: With your numbers he would just launch a nade every second without ever running out, giving literal birth to infinite ammo making your dislikes for him now, even that much greater.

As well, if you remove the load and lob idea and just go with doing a blanket reload nerf; that will destroy the character, and any character.

Yes, his Ultimate charge rate does needs to be looked at and addressed.
His Concussion Mines are at a stand off with a 50/50 for and against keeping them same or lowering the damage to 80-90.
11/30/2017 04:16 PMPosted by Pakaku
So nerf a perfectly fine weapon, but ignore issues like the Tire charge speed. Well okay, I guess.

Well, that is pretty consistent with the Blizzard way of things... XD

But no, I actually think his reload speed is slow enough. It's one of his exploitable weaknesses I learned while playing him.
11/30/2017 04:16 PMPosted by Pakaku
both need addressed