PSA: Tanks can die when receiving heavy damage.

General Discussion
That's why they have abilities to nullify or reduce it. Don't think that high HP and some armor means you should passively survive anything that shoots you.

And also why their team should also check on them and help time to time.
Thank you very much!

It's really annoying when tanks think they're just invincible and cost the team by trickling or feeding. Or both..
11/23/2017 08:28 AMPosted by pixelpriest
Thank you very much!

It's really annoying when tanks think they're just invincible and cost the team by trickling or feeding. Or both..
I just think that there are too many ppl that go: "this guy/gal has X HP and shouldn't die that fast". Nope.. that character has X HP + Y and Z skills that ensure their survivability as much as their HP, not counting them or acting like you should survive because your HP bar is long is just wrong.
Um... When ever anyone has heavy fire, they die. All tanks do have that. And they should check because tanks are the base of the team and healers can get a lot of ult charge by healing them.
Considering you main Hanzo, I'm going to guess you are defending Scatter.
Theres a difference between heavy consistent damage (aka bastion)
And heavy burst damage (scatter)
The difference being, bastion takes a full second to do his full 525 damage per second. Scatter does 450 in an instant.
You can counterplay a bastion in many ways. Take routes that get you close to him, allowing your team to pounce.
Dive him
Charge him
Hook Him
Force him out with a Dva bomb etc

Now lets take a look at scatter. An ability that takes .75 seconds to charge, implying the shot wasn't already charged. It has no counterplay other than the infamous "hurr durr spacebar". It is one of the fastest projectiles in the game at about 87 m/s giving you not even a fraction of a second to react.
yet you are only saying this because you play hanzo and don't want your cheap shot nerfed.
PSA, those who complain about Junkrat charging his ultimate shouldn't just facetank a bunch of damage with Tanks.
11/23/2017 09:57 AMPosted by OverBaka
The difference being, bastion takes a full second to do his full 525 damage per second. Scatter does 450 in an instant.
You can counterplay a bastion in many ways. Take routes that get you close to him, allowing your team to pounce.
Dive him
Charge him
Hook Him

Now lets take a look at scatter. An ability that takes .75 seconds to charge, implying the shot wasn't already charged. It has no counterplay other than the infamous "hurr durr spacebar". It is one of the fastest projectiles in the game at about 87 m/s giving you not even a fraction of a second to react.
Well I was expecting some1 pointing it out and surely the Scatter whining is part of the reason I'm writing this.

But most importantly, I'm talking as a former Tank player. I love Reinhardt and I've had my good share of Orisa games when she came out. And over and over I found myself at the hand of the enemies because my team wouldn't care much about me because I'm the tank and thus I shouldn't die fast and they would have just to wait for me to bring the enemies HP bars lower than half and then go in for the kills.

The argument I'm doing is double edged, it tells to tanks that they shouldn't whine if they die facetanking high damage (be it bursty or countinous) but it also should hit the Tanks' team mates forcing the to also care about their beefy friends.
Except most DPS can drop a tank in 2 or 3 shots, or in Hanzo's case, 1 with good survivability due to their mobility but where Dive Comps are still prevalent, having 4 or more DPS on a team makes tanks all but useless.

Yet DPS mains still come on here and complain whenever they die to a Symmetra or get too close to Reinhardt's hammer.
I think this is the whole reason why they made "honor and glory"

Or maybe Rein could not let Hanzo bait him into dropping his shield, or D.va could not overextend, or Orisa could press shift, or Roadhog could press shift, or Zarya could press shift, or Winston could hold lmb and dance around his shield. Or maybe you could just use your head and bait Scatter or learn how to position yourself, and if you don't want to use your head, just pick Pharah.

If Hanzo is really giving you that much trouble then maybe, just maybe you should be flexible and learn to adapt to your situation. As someone who plays Hanzo a lot, there's far from "no counterplay".
I remember they had a meta that had 3 tanks in it and yet the super game changing tank buster still going yelled at for using hanzo.

I don't know why people think 1 hitting a tank is more game breaking then 1 hitting a healer

Guess who gets scattered if an orisa is standing next to an Ana?
11/23/2017 11:24 AMPosted by Nippys
I remember they had a meta that had 3 tanks in it and yet the super game changing tank buster still going yelled at for using hanzo
To be fair, Hanzo was able to survive only 1 of the 3 and Orisa wasn't out already xD
11/23/2017 10:28 AMPosted by Alexarius
Dive him
Charge him
Hook Him

Well I was expecting some1 pointing it out and surely the Scatter whining is part of the reason I'm writing this.

But most importantly, I'm talking as a former Tank player. I love Reinhardt and I've had my good share of Orisa games when she came out. And over and over I found myself at the hand of the enemies because my team wouldn't care much about me because I'm the tank and thus I shouldn't die fast and they would have just to wait for me to bring the enemies HP bars lower than half and then go in for the kills.

The argument I'm doing is double edged, it tells to tanks that they shouldn't whine if they die facetanking high damage (be it bursty or countinous) but it also should hit the Tanks' team mates forcing the to also care about their beefy friends.

I agree with that they shouldn't face tank, facing a damage boosted bastion shouldnt be just holding W. But scatter is a whole different story