4v4 Death Match: Please stop removing it.

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Highly Rated
Hey everyone.

I personally think 4v4 Death Match mode is the best one in arcade.

It's simple.
It's not boring and time consuming like 3v3 Eliminations.
It's not chaotic like 8 player death match.

It's the perfect warm up before competitive games in my opinion. Yet it's the first mode that gets removed when something new gets added. I mean, if you are going to add some new modes, why delete an existing one?

I really would like to know what you dear players are thinking about this.
They changed it to be a set rotation, didn't they?

It'll be back in a week or two. Calm down.
11/19/2017 04:10 AMPosted by Hnetu

Many people prefer 4v4 TDM to 3v3 lockout. It doesn't feel as random and RNG-esque. IMO it definitely shouldn't be on a rotation.
I also think that it shouldn't be a rotation. Why 3v3 Eliminations are always there when 4V4 DM goes rotation?
He's right, it shouldn't be on a rotation.

The only reason it's on rotation is for maintaining a minimal UI of the Arcade screen.
I feel ya.

But don't worry, we'll be getting a new crappy Mei snowball fight super-event soon.
Blizzard needs to be transparent with their reasoning, or at least provide popularity numbers. Right now, obviously they want one featured arcade mode (currently No Limits due to Moira's release, but will likely change next week), and 4 other modes. I assume 4v4 is less popular than Mystery, FFA, and 3v3 since they put it on the rotation, but at least give us some numbers so we can understand. Hopefully once they don't need a "featured" game, they'll move 4v4 out of the rotation since they'll have another slot.

Obviously the real issue is why do we need to EVER rotate it? Fixing the UI is trivial: either add a second page, or add sub-pages like Arcade already is. I think sub-pages would be best, where you can choose Event (PvE, Lucioball, etc), Deathmatch, Elimination, Mystery, or Brawls (open for better suggestions). You then go to a page where you choose which which Deathmatch game type you want or which Brawl, etc. Alternately, have four game modes on the first page and add a second page with 4-5 more. If queue times are a concern, either give a warning ("these modes may take over 5 minutes to queue"), or put the popular ones on the SECOND page to draw more people to the less popular ones and balance out numbers. I paid for the game and I'll gladly wait 5-10 minutes for the game type I want instead of just not playing. You won't be seeing me in CTF if you give that a slot instead of 4v4; I just won't play if 4v4 is what I wanted.
11/19/2017 04:10 AMPosted by Hnetu

I don't see why I should wait for the best mode to come back to rotation over and over again.
Why can't they just add 2 pages in the arcade so that we can play the games we want?
11/19/2017 09:32 AMPosted by Superbunny
Blizzard needs to be transparent with their reasoning, or at least provide popularity numbers. Right now, obviously they want one featured arcade mode (currently No Limits due to Moira's release, but will likely change next week), and 4 other modes. I assume 4v4 is less popular than Mystery, FFA, and 3v3 since they put it on the rotation, but at least give us some numbers so we can understand. Hopefully once they don't need a "featured" game, they'll move 4v4 out of the rotation since they'll have another slot.

Obviously the real issue is why do we need to EVER rotate it? Fixing the UI is trivial: either add a second page, or add sub-pages like Arcade already is. I think sub-pages would be best, where you can choose Event (PvE, Lucioball, etc), Deathmatch, Elimination, Mystery, or Brawls (open for better suggestions). You then go to a page where you choose which which Deathmatch game type you want or which Brawl, etc. Alternately, have four game modes on the first page and add a second page with 4-5 more. If queue times are a concern, either give a warning ("these modes may take over 5 minutes to queue"), or put the popular ones on the SECOND page to draw more people to the less popular ones and balance out numbers. I paid for the game and I'll gladly wait 5-10 minutes for the game type I want instead of just not playing. You won't be seeing me in CTF if you give that a slot instead of 4v4; I just won't play if 4v4 is what I wanted.

Exactly. Why they just can't add a second page? I mean then everyone can play whatever they want.

I will also wait even for 10 minutes to play WHAT I WANT, instead of what Blizzard wants me to play.
11/19/2017 09:32 AMPosted by GrooWasRight
I feel ya.

But don't worry, we'll be getting a new crappy Mei snowball fight super-event soon.

Yay! Feels awesome! --not--.
Adding more options will spread the player base out further, which may increase queue times. So, if they add more options, then perhaps display them in order of best queue time to worst queue time.
11/19/2017 03:53 AMPosted by Satsubatsu
Hey everyone.

I personally think 4v4 Death Match mode is the best one in arcade.

It's simple.
It's not boring and time consuming like 3v3 Eliminations.
It's not chaotic like 8 player death match.

It's the perfect warm up before competitive games in my opinion. Yet it's the first mode that gets removed when something new gets added. I mean, if you are going to add some new modes, why delete an existing one?

I really would like to know what you dear players are thinking about this.

yes is one of the best modes in this game!
4v4 team deathmatch is my favorite mode, and is a huge breath of fresh air for this game. It has the speed and simplicity of FFA, but retains strong elements of team play. There are times when I log in just and only to play it. I've seen other threads like this; let's keep them coming, and maybe Blizzard will listen.
I also like 4v4 Deathmatch. Didn't know I liked it until I went in with a friend two days ago and was disappointed when it went off rotation.
...Obviously the real issue is why do we need to EVER rotate it? ...

Because Blizzard wants people to log in all the time and see what the new daily is.
TDM should be normal and DM in rotation..
Yes, yes, yes. Most if the gametypes are trash, ffa and 4v4 are the only good gametypes. Seriously, low gravity instead of tdm?. I am confident that ffa and tdm are the most populated as well.
Bump. I'd like to play tdm tomorrow, not whatever crap is lined up pleeeas e.
11/19/2017 09:27 PMPosted by Dogsdontlie
Bump. I'd like to play tdm tomorrow, not whatever crap is lined up pleeeas e.

People like different things. Be thankful that Blizzard is even doing a rotation, instead of a just removing TDM for months. I'm sorry your favorite game mode isn't popular enough to be on the main page.

If it was more popular than lockout and the other modes, why would Blizzard put it on rotate, it'd just lead to less people playing the game overall.
11/19/2017 12:20 PMPosted by Blimgauss
4v4 team deathmatch is my favorite mode, and is a huge breath of fresh air for this game. It has the speed and simplicity of FFA, but retains strong elements of team play. There are times when I log in just and only to play it. I've seen other threads like this; let's keep them coming, and maybe Blizzard will listen.

You described it really well! It's like a huge breath of fresh air after some toxic games or tiring games.

I really hope Blizzard will listen, wish we could get a response from them on this.