Why do you guys think Genji is so OP?

General Discussion
11/22/2017 03:15 PMPosted by hans1588
(Dislikes = likes)
I really don't get how he's OP. People are complaining saying he's overpowered without even explaining themselves. Can anyone let me know why you would think such a balanced character is OP?

edit: thx for all the support guys! But some people are getting disliked hard.... thats what u toxic haters get!
Nice cop out by editing your 1st post to say dislikes = likes. That is super sad. Too bad we can see the original post via the quote on the second post.
11/22/2017 04:32 PMPosted by hans1588
11/22/2017 03:43 PMPosted by SmileyRabbit
Almost all the posts that say genji is overpowered mostly talk about how good his deflect is despite all the speed and mobility her already has.
people also say that reins hammer does not damage him while he is deflecting which i wanna try to check out.

Deflect isn't OP, the only person controlling it is the person who shoots at the deflecting genji. It's your fault if deflect kills you because you shot at him.

Or near him. Or behind him. Or withing 10 feet of him. Or a full second before or after he deflected
He's not OP.
He's just super unfun to play against. To the point where the game would be better off without him.
11/22/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Cersei

(dislikes=likes)
I really don't get how he's OP. People are complaining saying he's overpowered without even explaining themselves. Can anyone let me know why you would think such a balanced character is OP?

Why do you play Genji? Just curious.

It says it right there!
11/22/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Cersei

Why do you play Genji? Just curious.

cyborg ninja
To be honest, I don't get it myself. I've been reading the forums to access my thoughts on this game from free weekend. If we're talking flankers, I think Tracer is so much better. Her movements are less telegraphed, she has better more reliable weapons, and better sustain. All Genji has against her is a better ult and that I just find him more fun. Really, all you need to do is learn Genji's movement patterns, which are super simple, and you can easily predict where he'll be and if your aim is half decent you'll destroy him without any problems. Tracer on the other hand, has more options when it comes to combat movement because 3 charges of burst movement does a lot more than you think.

ppl here love to be a shooter. They call aiming the real skill; and they got pissed when genji deflect their bullets.
If players play genji counters: torb, sym, they call them no skillers and insult them. If they dont switch, other team members even report them.

Since they don't like playing genji hard counters, they can't counter genji well, thus whining in forum and asking for nerf.

genji has a lot of counters.... the real OP hero is actually tracer, which doesn't even have a real counter at all...
U guys do know im being sarcastic about this thing right, I was just seeing how many dislikes I would get if I posted something like this
11/22/2017 04:47 PMPosted by hans1588
U guys do know im being sarcastic about this thing right, I was just seeing how many dislikes I would get if I posted something like this

Going back on your word again LUL
11/22/2017 04:50 PMPosted by pblpbl
11/22/2017 04:47 PMPosted by hans1588

Going back on your word again LUL

????

I'm confused
I think its funny when people complain about Genji being OP, have you tried playing him.
11/22/2017 04:47 PMPosted by Haku
To be honest, I don't get it myself. I've been reading the forums to access my thoughts on this game from free weekend. If we're talking flankers, I think Tracer is so much better. Her movements are less telegraphed, she has better more reliable weapons, and better sustain. All Genji has against her is a better ult and that I just find him more fun. Really, all you need to do is learn Genji's movement patterns, which are super simple, and you can easily predict where he'll be and if your aim is half decent you'll destroy him without any problems. Tracer on the other hand, has more options when it comes to combat movement because 3 charges of burst movement does a lot more than you think.
tracer is better than genji, but you have to actually have a decent MMR to run into decent tracers, since a bad one does almost nothing.

most complaints are from people who blame genji for their shooting into deflect or are frustrated because they can't track him through a predictable arc and conclude that he's impossible to hit.

zen main btw
Genji just needs to have his deflect hitbox visible like every other heroes abilities in the game, I don't even care is it is the same size as long as when i am doing something i can tell who i can still heal as ana kinda thing. Imagine what it would be like if every hero ability was 100x bigger than the show animation.

Other than that it is stupid to give such a strong ability like swift strike a reset for doing 1 dmg. Imagine if mei's wall reset from elim and only needed to do 1 dmg to get that reset.

I am not saying take away his reset, just make it so it takes skill so they deserve it.
11/22/2017 04:59 PMPosted by Milkssake
I think its funny when people complain about Genji being OP, have you tried playing him.

Yes, it is bloody hard and high skill hero's should get rewarded more than a junkrat.

I just have a couple issues that take away from the skill required. *my post is above this one*
Is this bait? Really, I can't tell.
I wouldn't go as far as to say he's OP but he's certainly the most annoying character I can think of.

In most shooters people loathe "bunny hoppers" who just spring around the battlefield desperately trying not to get shot in the head. Well Genji is completely built around this annoying behavior and encourages it. All Genji does is hop around and around and around. He's hard to hit and its frustrating.

Couple that with some of the most annoying abilities in the game, like being able to deflect almost anything within an absurd radius around him, that even if you don't shoot him your allies might and you still get killed. Or a dash that damages you, passes through you further disorienting you and making him harder to track that resets when he gets an assist.

He's just annoying, very, very, very annoying.
If i may join in on this conversation... i don't think Genji himself is op, no rather i find his right click (which still to this day want removed) as the op part... and likely other people do as well but are too scared to ask for its removal... yes deflect hitbox is mad but my sole issue is Genjis right click no aim spamming bs.... remove that and my complaints about Genji stop. The rest of Genjis kit (the double jump wall climb swift strike blah blah) I don't care about as they don't bother me at all. I don't personally have issues with Genji mains but they do have a stereotype for a reason...

That is all i have to add to this.
11/22/2017 05:08 PMPosted by BT160526
I wouldn't go as far as to say he's OP but he's certainly the most annoying character I can think of.

In most shooters people loathe "bunny hoppers" who just spring around the battlefield desperately trying not to get shot in the head. Well Genji is completely built around this annoying behavior and encourages it. All Genji does is hop around and around and around. He's hard to hit and its frustrating.

Couple that with some of the most annoying abilities in the game, like being able to deflect almost anything within an absurd radius around him, that even if you don't shoot him your allies might and you still get killed. Or a dash that damages you, passes through you further disorienting you and making him harder to track that resets when he gets an assist.

He's just annoying, very, very, very annoying.
Wait until he jumps for the second time, then hes extremely easy to hit because hes moving in one direction predictably.
11/22/2017 03:19 PMPosted by PlayTheGame
His deflect hitbox is massive and it does not match what the animations are.

Most of his hitboxes are massive, except his personal one.

Dash's hitbox is about the size of Gengu and can hit character's behind him or he's not aiming at.

Deflect, unlike Rein's shield, can also stop attacks from behind him/melee attacks.

Dragonblade's Hitbox is about as large as Rein's hammer.
11/22/2017 05:08 PMPosted by LethalToast
Is this bait? Really, I can't tell.
No. He's a Genji main. It's sincere.