Junkrat Petition

General Discussion
Have you noticed a lot of people who make 1 'nerf Junkrat' thread tend to make multiple threads, usually within a few hours of each other? Bunbuns did it too, getting less articulate with each post and clearly not reading any of the responses.
@Pulse...also, your opinion really doesn't matter. I did a little research.

11/18/2017 12:44 PMPosted by Pulse
Just check their profiles, theyre all bronze, silver, gold, plat...

11/18/2017 12:14 PMPosted by Pulse
Just shut your mouth silver

So, obviously everyone is beneath you.

Oh man, you defend XQC a lot don't you? You his lap dog I'm guessing?

Stay on EU servers where you're from. We don't need you here.
I mean, I DO call him “left-click simulator”, but you can easily apply that name to bastion, or even mercy (and probably some others that I’m missing).

I also only use Junkrat in Mystery Heroes, where technical skill matters less and what little authority I have on Junkrat matters holds even less weight than it normally would. It only highlights my own lack of experience and gamesense/understanding of his toolkit.

And my only real problem with Junkrat is in FFA, and also only because I play Rein in FFA...

And while I’m tired of being solo ulted as Rein or Mercy in actual games, that has absolutely nothing to do with any of his projectiles and basic abilities.

So while I have (semi) legitimate reasons for disliking Junkrat, I can’t really think of a reason to justify reverting him. The way I see it, he went from a useless character to a versatile character, and I’m not sure it makes sense to punish him back into obscurity for it.
No need to revert him. Improve his design. Make it so his ricochet shots do less damage (maybe halve damage per bounce?), but then up his projectile speed so he has an easier time actually hitting shots. then suddenly double mine isn't much of a problem any more, because it requires skill to get the oneshot.
Why is it that console players never mention that they play console, and are asking for PC balance changes?
11/18/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Toxic
He used to be a hero balanced around really low level play, and I don't think there's anything wrong with making a hero that works at a bronze or silver level, but whose usefulness drops off at higher levels.

He still is exactly this.

At Bronze he has a 8.28% pick rate (behind Mercy as #1 and D.Va) with a 47% win rate. Winrates around him (both slightly above and below) are Mercy, D.Va, Rein, Lucio, Zen, Pharah, Orisa, and Bastion.

At GM that pickrate has dropped down to 3.88%. (Behind Mercy, Zen, Tracer, Genji, Winston, 76, D.Va, McCree, Zarya, Hog, Rein, and Lucio) with a 57% winrate.

The win rate at GM is a perfect example because he's now a niche hero there. Higher win rate, lower pickrate. Goes the same with Orisa, Sym, and Torb. Around his winrate are Torb, Orisa, D.Va, and Zen)
11/18/2017 01:26 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
Why is it that console players never mention that they play console, and are asking for PC balance changes?

Unfortunately, Blizzard didn't stick to their guns for that whole "balancing console and PC separately" schtick, and only ever did anything with turrets. After they started asking players "not to play with mouse and keyboard", it all sort of went downhill and they gave up.

Came with the territory of their first FPS game, I guess.
11/18/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Toxic
It's a strange community which thinks Junkrat is in a healthy spot right now. He used to be a hero balanced around really low level play, and I don't think there's anything wrong with making a hero that works at a bronze or silver level, but whose usefulness drops off at higher levels. Some heroes like McCree are the reverse of this where it's extremely hard to be useful on those heroes without much mechanical skill.

Even if you do think that him being balanced for lower level gameplay is a problem and he should be able to perform more competitively at all levels of play, the answer then isn't a pure buff, but to add gameplay elements which reward skill more than his existing kit. A pure buff on a hero which was already very strong in a certain SR niche, and generally considered not fun to play against, was really not the right move.

Possibly adding damage drop off to his mines so that he has to be more accurate with them, and certainly a nerf to his tyre's ability to turn on a dime in mid air, would bring him to a much more manageable level.

First off his ultimate does less damage in the air.

it has heavy damage drop off from the cent and on the ground the immediate center ( sorry I don't have the fall off numbers) does 600 damage, and note, the the exploding is easily dodged by using corners ect.

In the air the 600 drops to 400 while maintaining heavy drop off damage still.

His mines having drop off make no sense and still wont stop people from complaining about dying to in in CQC where he excels so it's as unnecessary of a change like making his mines do 110 damage.

Plus it isn't good that hero is only good at Lower levels. I'm amazing with him, played demoman for years when I used to play TF2 and can make junkrat work at higher their play before his buff, but that doesn't mean he didn't need a buff.
This will get locked, they don't allow petition threads.
11/18/2017 01:15 PMPosted by CorruptGamer
11/18/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Jstealthy
I say just take away the extra mine to balence him. Everything els is fine. A character that does so much damage like that should not be able to get away so easilly.

Junk Dump needs a nerf!

Hey Sombra, here's a hot tip. Hack him, stay medium range, dodge his primary, and aim at his torso and watch him melt.

I dont have a problem taking out Junk Rat with Sombra. I still think he needs a Nerf though.