Ok already stop, the ranking is just not fair

Competitive Discussion
It's not fair. Every season sending me in gold only because of previous seasons? It's all about skill not about previous seasons :/. And it's impossible to escape- there's always "Omg so much wins, will I make it to plat?" and the next few games "Omg it's just impossible, there are just so much stupid people that don't know how to play.". So why don't you just make it the next season not the same? I mean like it's the first season out?
And of course all masters and above players will hate because it won't be fair for them but if you deserve your rank you will go there anyway...
Not that I agree with anything you just said: but the competitive scene is super messed up. I gave up a while ago. I suggest you, and anyone, quit until it's actually fixed, unless you are enjoying all the team-bickering, hate, trolling, yelling, arguing, etc.
If you want to be taken seriously, I'd change the title so you don't look like a whiny child
12/04/2017 12:05 PMPosted by SavagedBlade
If you want to be taken seriously, I'd change the title so you don't look like a whiny child

how's that? sorry I suck at titles because of the limit :/
Let me ask you: What rank or SR do you think you deserve then?
and it's impossible to escape- there's always "Omg so much wins, will I make it to plat?" and the next few games "Omg it's just impossible, there are just so much stupid people that don't know how to play."

It's not that your teams are always bad. You just aren't better than your current rank. That's the truth. If you want to climb, do this...

• Stop focusing on your teammates
  • Stop focusing on climbing
  • Focus on improving
  • If you get better at the game, you'll climb easily. Tell me, what have you done to get better? You're level 325, playing games and reinforcing the gold-level habits you currently have doesn't help.
    They're kinda right though, I say so from experience. I've had two accounts. On my first, I think I placed gold and climbed to mid plat.

On my second account, without a prior rank to hold me down, my first placements put me in diamond.

The way the system uses your previous rank really is holding everyone back.
    12/04/2017 12:18 PMPosted by VesHeil
    They're kinda right though, I say so from experience. I've had two accounts. On my first, I think I placed gold and climbed to mid plat.

On my second account, without a prior rank to hold me down, my first placements put me in diamond.

The way the system uses your previous rank really is holding everyone back.

hey thank you for the idea- I will make a second psn acount and I will see what rank the game will send me :)
    You know you can keep playing after your placements right? What is stopping you from climbing to a higher rank after you place? You can say because you have toxic teams, but that effects everyone, both the blue team and the red team. It's also a performance based ranking system so you can climb with just a 50% win ratio, or even lower if you're really skilled. So unless you are the unluckiest person in the planet and you truly only get toxic teams and the other team never does, the most likely reason is that you are where you belong. Focus on improving your personal skill and you will rank up.
    12/04/2017 12:02 PMPosted by dostheboss
    And it's impossible to escape- there's always "Omg so much wins, will I make it to plat?" and the next few games "Omg it's just impossible, there are just so much stupid people that don't know how to play."

12/04/2017 12:04 PMPosted by dostheboss
    And of course all masters and above players will hate because it won't be fair for them but if you deserve your rank you will go there anyway...

I'm absolutely loving the double standard here.

Hey, you might not have considered this, OP, but if you deserve a higher rank, you'll earn it.
    lul you just contradicted the point of your own post

"And of course all masters and above players will hate because it won't be fair for them but if you deserve your rank you will go there anyway..."

you realize that if you didn't belong in gold you would've already climbed out yeah?
    I mean... There are Overwatch youtubers who have shown their multiple accounts are in different ranks :( And its not a 200 sr difference or anything. There are people with one account in gold and another in masters, and they can't climb the one out of gold at all.

I think McCreamy had a montage video about his experience. Main account, flexes, stuck in gold. Smurf account, one tricks widow, masters.

I don't understand it.
    12/04/2017 07:12 PMPosted by Dante
    I mean... There are Overwatch youtubers who have shown their multiple accounts are in different ranks :( And its not a 200 sr difference or anything. There are people with one account in gold and another in masters, and they can't climb the one out of gold at all.

I think McCreamy had a montage video about his experience. Main account, flexes, stuck in gold. Smurf account, one tricks widow, masters.

I don't understand it.

Ya sorry but that's complete bull!@#$. You don't get stuck in gold if you're actually a masters player

I don't understand it.

They edit their videos. Mccreamy in particular heavily edits his videos, it's why he took so long to post new ones. A 10 minute video took him a week or more to edit, not to mention having to play to get footage.

And last I checked he got his gold account into gm, so tell me how that's stuck and not just a juxtaposition for the video.
    It doesn't though, they changed the system last season.
    I know people who got placed more than 500 SR higher than ever before, because they changed the system.
    And the game is pretty good at recognizing it if someone is vastly more skillfull than their rank. Seems like you aren't.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

90% of complaint about ranks threads can be boiled down to an Overwatch ELO version of this. People tend to rate/self-assess themselves higher than they are. Is comp perfect? No. But for everyone genuinely having bad luck, there are 10 more that legitimately could better spend their time improving rather than blaming every loss on "bad teammates".

You get into higher ranks by performing on the heroes you play like players at those higher ranks. Then the system will move you up. The metrics are iffy on what makes for good play, but a majority of what appears to be considered makes sense. Consistent, high level play, over time, will lead to ranking up. That time is inflated due to the crap we have to deal with randomly, but at the end of the day, over time, you will benefit from the crap as much as your opponents suffer from it, and you will climb.

If you are stuck, you need to look at your gameplay and look at things you can improve. There are sites where you can look at where your stats lie in comparison to others. It is humbling, but eye opening, to take the time to do this and it ill give you an idea of things you need to do better.

I don't understand it.

I don't think you understand the skill difference between gold and masters. I am a perfect example and experience of the two. With my right hand I'm a mid masters player, with my left hand I'm a mid gold player.

Gold and below players are honestly garbage teir players. The lack of mechanical skill, game sense, and communication in this bracket is ridiculous. I've yet to meet 1 good gold player that had good mechanical skill, not 1,and we're not talking smurfs.

You really don't understand how mechanically handicapped Gold players are. I'm playing at a gold level with my left hand, with less than a month's practice I went from bronze level aim to gold level aim. My aim is terrible compared to my right hand, I suck really bad so I can say that all gold players and below suck really bad.
    12/06/2017 09:38 AMPosted by AnsatsuKen

I don't understand it.

I don't think you understand the skill difference between gold and masters. I am a perfect example and experience of the two. With my right hand I'm a mid masters player, with my left hand I'm a mid gold player.

Gold and below players are honestly garbage teir players. The lack of mechanical skill, game sense, and communication in this bracket is ridiculous. I've yet to meet 1 good gold player that had good mechanical skill, not 1,and we're not talking smurfs.

You really don't understand how mechanically handicapped Gold players are. I'm playing at a gold level with my left hand, with less than a month's practice I went from bronze level aim to gold level aim. My aim is terrible compared to my right hand, I suck really bad so I can say that all gold players and below suck really bad.

Garbage tier and suck really bad huh? Thank you for inspiring me by knowing that sometimes garbage is found in higher tiers as well!