D.Va's Current State: DISCUSSION MEGATHREAD Part: 18

General Discussion
11/25/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Crestren
<span class="truncated">...</span>Because D.Va mains complained about not wanting to be a DM bot, and a vast majority imo found it "unenjoyable".

Oh, you mean the D.va mains that were virtually ignored for half a year and D.va wasnt changed from S4-5?

Huh, you think that for months of complaining it would have gone through quicker. But lets just casually forget the fact that everyone else that wasnt a D.va player were whining. You know, those "DM IS OP" threads a few months ago, even pros, youtubers and DPS players were complaining about DM.

Yet shortly after they complained, Blizz changed their tone. Hmmm. Nah, its Dva mains fault.

You can thank me for the "It's mathematically impossible to kill Dva without a very small amount of heroes in unlikely high charge rates before the duel begins".

That's the fun part about Facts. They are true whether you want them to be or not.
11/25/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Crestren
11/25/2017 10:57 AMPosted by Redmond
...Because D.Va mains complained about not wanting to be a DM bot, and a vast majority imo found it "unenjoyable".

Oh, you mean the D.va mains that were virtually ignored for half a year and D.va wasnt changed from S4-5?

Huh, you think that for months of complaining it would have gone through quicker. But lets just casually forget the fact that everyone else that wasnt a D.va player were whining. You know, those "DM IS OP" threads a few months ago, even pros, youtubers and DPS players were complaining about DM.

Yet shortly after they complained, Blizz changed their tone. Hmmm. Nah, its Dva mains fault.
Yeah, and I also remember those "being a DM bot is boring" threads. Just because a character isn't being given any changes doesn't mean they're being ignored (exception being doomfist, rip my guy). I would say D.Va has been an overall strong character since the game's release, and changes aren't necessary with her. What was frustrating about D.Va is she could extend a 15 meter "delete everything" button for 8 seconds, and neither combatant side could do anything until that ran out. I get that some D.Va players still haven't adjusted to being invincible for 8 seconds, but for God's sake you really cannot convince me that a vast majority of players (including dva mains) wanted to stop being a bot, and would rather go back to being a tank bully.
11/25/2017 11:06 AMPosted by Redmond
What was frustrating about D.Va is she could extend a 15 meter "delete everything" button for 8 seconds,
The people who support the rework, ladies and gentlemen! People who think pre-nerf DM lasted 8 seconds!

]Yeah, and I also remember those "being a DM bot is boring" threads. Just because a character isn't being given any changes doesn't mean they're being ignored (exception being doomfist, rip my guy). I would say D.Va has been an overall strong character since the game's release, and changes aren't necessary with her. What was frustrating about D.Va is she could extend a 15 meter "delete everything" button for 8 seconds, and neither combatant side could do anything until that ran out. I get that some D.Va players still haven't adjusted to being invincible for 8 seconds, but for God's sake you really cannot convince me that a vast majority of players (including dva mains) wanted to stop being a bot, and would rather go back to being a tank bully.

Yeah, there were complaints about DM bot D.va from D,va players but you miss the point. Despite backlash and critisisms from D.va players regarding D.va. They were virtually ignored for months. At one point, the devs even said that they were glad they stood their ground on not changing her because she was a strong pick. But that strong pick backfired on them that D.va mains warned months prior.

Then came along everyone else who mocked D.va players and said that DM.va was fine, until they started playing against her and realizing that it bit them in the !@#.

All the DM. bot fiasco could have been avoided if they listened to D.va players in the first place. But look what happened. They were glad to trade DM for armor and damage, but look who who we got instead.
11/25/2017 11:06 AMPosted by Redmond
What was frustrating about D.Va is she could extend a 15 meter "delete everything" button for 8 seconds,
A 4 second ability somehow lasts 8 seconds.

The people who support the rework, ladies and gentlemen!
Moreso forgot the old time tbh, wasn't it an 8 second recharge but 4 seconds long? Cut me some slack here, I hardly have any time on D.Va and that change was months ago.
<span class="truncated">...</span>A 4 second ability somehow lasts 8 seconds.

The people who support the rework, ladies and gentlemen!
Moreso forgot the old time tbh, wasn't it an 8 second recharge but 4 seconds long?

10s to recharge, 4s uptime, 1s cd in between use.

So its 2.5s to recharge 1s of DM, but in between toggling theres a 1s cd before it starts recharging.
11/25/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Redmond
Moreso forgot the old time tbh, wasn't it an 8 second recharge but 4 seconds long? Cut me some slack here, I hardly have any time on D.Va and that change was months ago.
Oh, my mistake, you just forgot the details of the thing you were complaining about. That's so much better.

For your information it was 4 seconds duration, 11 second CD and that's under optimal circumstances (you use all 4 seconds in one go, and how often did you do that?)
11/25/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Redmond
Oh, my mistake, you just forgot the details of the thing you were complaining about. That's so much better.

For your info it was 4 seconds duration, 11 second CD and that's under optimal circumstances (you use all 4 seconds in one go, and how often did you do that?)
Fair enough. That doesn't change the fact that other people complained for a defense matrix rework/change long before me, and I personally haven't ever brought up the topic until now.
Not Slade
The people who didn't like Defense Matrix are now happy that D.Va can only trade picks with squishies and can't tank because she gets de-meched and killed in two seconds?

What a surprise. /sarcasm
keep the discussion going!

let's not ruin my main!
Man what a dead meme this is, holy christ.

Funny that some people still want to argue about D.Va's place in the game at this point though, despite the clear troll of the parent post.

D.Va is amazing and pretty damn balanced. Ofc I could personally take some QoL and/or some baby tweaks to some mechanics and the such but absolutely nothing that affects her core balance and power level. She's still a tank, a dive tank, a damn good one at that, and if you can't make use of her as a tank then the only problem is you :)
A considerable part of those of us who protested back in S4 is happier with this current instance of D.Va than the DMbot one.
I personally perform better since the missiles rework. I feel maybe she could use a ress in meka QoL change, but other than that I don't really have much to complain about at the moment.

This, by the way, for the dense ones, is a troll thread.
11/25/2017 11:40 AMPosted by Slade

Funny that some people still want to argue about D.Va's place in the game at this point though, despite the clear troll of the parent post.

D.Va is amazing and pretty damn balanced. Ofc I could personally take some QoL and/or some baby tweaks to some mechanics and the such but absolutely nothing that affects her core balance and power level. She's still a tank, a dive tank, a damn good one at that, and if you can't make use of her as a tank then the only problem is you :)

Is Slade
11/25/2017 11:40 AMPosted by Slade

Finally senpai replyed to me <3
After playing her more these past 2 seasons shes even stronger now than she used to be. I still want the Critbox reduction though haha.
I'll put effort into these threads whenever Mercy isn't a disaster, right now isn't a good time.
All I want is reduction critbox like Winston. Other than that she is great when all your abilities are up and you dive nuke a target
11/25/2017 04:38 AMPosted by Sureñio
How do so many of y'all fall for this? Lol

It's clearly a troll post, meant to bring up old memes.

Kinda happy where she is at now though. Tincan 4sec DM D.Va was horrible.
It such a loooooooooong Post Topic. After all the debate back before Dva's latest rework it was hard not to remember everyone wanting 300/300 or 200/400.

Im happy w/ current Dva and I cant imagine Dva Mains are not as well. Blizzard seriously did one hell of a job. Who da hell was asking for an Alt Fire. Absolutely nobody but it was such a great idea giving a hitscan character projectiles.
why did this get so many replys lmao