OW voted best ongoing game, congrats.

General Discussion
Here's hoping 2018 brings some great updates for this game.
I'll say it. It won on name recognition. Go for it, downvote me. Doesn't change my opinion.
Oh look, Overwatch "won" (More like it was given an award because Blizzard made it, and not because the game is actually good, which it currently isn't) another award. What else was even nominated? I'd bet my bottom dollar that whatever else was nominated is better than Overwatch, or that there are even better ongoing games that weren't nominated.
Not gonna lie, I honestly think Siege or Warframe should've gotten it, but this is a popularity contest after all.
There's gonna be a lot of new updates once 2018 starts
12/07/2017 07:35 PMPosted by kosaba11
Oh look, Overwatch "won" (More like it was given an award because Blizzard made it, and not because the game is actually good, which it currently isn't) another award. What else was even nominated? I'd bet my bottom dollar that whatever else was nominated is better than Overwatch, or that there are even better ongoing games that weren't nominated.

I'm going to be honest. If you hate Overwatch so much, why are you on the FORUMS? If you hate it so much, then leave.
12/07/2017 07:43 PMPosted by Kryptsm
12/07/2017 07:35 PMPosted by kosaba11

I'm going to be honest. If you hate Overwatch so much, why are you on the FORUMS? If you hate it so much, then leave.

I don't hate the game, I'm just not blinded by some loyalist mindset and can see that Overwatch is nowhere near the level of good that people like to claim it is. But I know it has a lot of potential, and I want to see it reach its potential. That's why I'm here on the forums.

That and because some of these threads are honestly quite entertaining to read.
12/07/2017 07:51 PMPosted by kosaba11
12/07/2017 07:43 PMPosted by Kryptsm

I don't hate the game, I'm just not blinded by some loyalist mindset and can see that Overwatch is nowhere near the level of good that people like to claim it is. But I know it has a lot of potential, and I want to see it reach its potential. That's why I'm here on the forums.

That and because some of these threads are honestly quite entertaining to read.

Ok then how about you actually suggest changes rather than just adding to the noise. Simply saying "it's bad, fix it" does nothing to help anyone.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Termocaos/status/938967550880305152

"The winners in most categories are determined by the international jury (90%) and a public fan vote (10%) across TheGameAwards.com and Google Search Voting. In the categories of Best Esports Game, Best Esports Player, Best Esports Team, Most Anticipated Game, and Trending Gamer, the public fan vote across Twitter DM, Facebook Messenger, TheGameAwards.com and Google Search Voting solely determines the winner. Fan voting closes on Wednesday, December 6 at Midnight PT."

congratulations to overwatch but, it did not win the public vote.