Winston and Reinhardt momentum bug

PTR Bug Report
Highly Rated
The latest PTR update has removed Rein and Winston's ability to retain some momentum after using 'Shift' ability. If you hold the 'Jump' key on the current 1.17 edition, if you are in the middle of the Reinhardt 'Charge' or Winston 'Jetpack' animation, you will retain a small amount of momentum after the animation finishes. This is demonstrated below.

Winston loses ~6m on his jump. -- https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/VapidCreativeCobra

Reinhardt loses ~8m on his charge. -- https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/DistinctScarceDeinonychus

(Junkrat also loses his ability to bunny-hop after a concussion mine.)

Mercy (and to some extent, Doomfist) still have the ability to press the 'Jump' key to retain momentum. [Doomfist can launch himself an extra ~6m, and Mercy can literally hop mid-glide.]

On the PTR, holding the Jump key does nothing, and the hero will rigidly come to a halt.

Many thanks for reading.

~~~~~~~

[EDIT: These changes also apply to Zarya. She is no longer able to bunny-hop after her own splash damage.

Winston, Reinhardt, Zarya and Junkrat are all affected by this change. Most notably Winston, as his bunny-hop allows him to stay with the enemies he knocks back after he lands with his Jetpack ability.]

~~~~~~~

[EDIT 2: Winston's 'Superjump' has also been nerfed. On Live, if you Jetpack-Leap the moment you hit the floor from a regular jump or a Jetpack-Leap, you will gain ~20% extra airtime (though you will do no damage when you land). Whilst on the PTR, this only works if you Jetpack-Leap into another Jetpack-Leap. Therefore, on the PTR, you can only Superjump with Primal Rage.]
Blizzard please answer, this one is important
Blizzard have seemed all for keeping unintended but fun movement abilities in the game in the past (Lucio, Mercy for example) so it's sad to see these heroes get a nerf in this fashion (if it's intended). To remove mobility tech from such short-ranged heroes seems like it's unnecessarily hamstringing the two heroes who need their mobility the most.

Neither Winston or Rein seem egregiously OP right now so I'm inclined to believe this isn't an intentional nerf. I certainly hope it's just a bug and will be fixed.

If it is intentional, why in hell are they nerfing barrier tanks but leaving Junkrat as is? He's already insanely good at breaking barriers, his RIP tire is more or less impossible for tanks to kill, and his conc mine is the best ability in the game for disrupting tanks' positioning.
As a Rein main that also play a lot of Winston, I am not happy. I don't get where this nerf is coming from. Can we have some explanation Blizzard please ?
And there is nothing mentioned in patch notes.
Super jump has changed, please provide clarity if this is intentional
Blizz pls.
terrible... we need an answer to these changes.

are they a bug or intended..
Bump
Sometimes these heroes could reach a double jumping dashing genji, which was not intended. Kappa
Please don't let this be like the Lucio "confirmed bug" that then went live anyway and took another two weeks to fix.

Blizzard!!!
I just tested out on both PTR and live server, and it showed that the momentum still remains if you press "jump" at the exact time when:

- Winston lands with his leap,
- Rein finishes his charge,

What they deleted was the jump input during the leap, the charge, and knock backs, which I assume was an unintended mistake.

Your jump should have got overlapped by the charge/leap command due to Blizzard's "one key, one action" principle, and this bug allowed it to act in two different ways: Jump now (in normal cases), or queue up and jump later after I finish this action.

This is a fix, not a bug.
11/21/2017 10:40 AMPosted by ZombieHunt
Your jump should have got overlapped by the charge/leap command due to Blizzard's "one key, one action" principle, and this bug allowed it to act in two different ways: Jump now (in normal cases), or queue up and jump later after I finish this action.

I disagree. It queues inputs for abilities. Why not jumps also?

If my Jetpack-Leap is on cooldown, and I hold down the 'Shift' key, waiting until something happens? My Jetpack-Leap will activate the instant my ability comes off cooldown. As far as I know, this is true for every hero, and every ability. Why not jumps too?
bumpppp, Blizzard please?
11/21/2017 08:26 AMPosted by ExtBLR
And there is nothing mentioned in patch notes.

Therefore there might still be hope for it to be an unintentional bug
What a boring change, this did nothing but make the characters less fun to play. What is so wrong with having technical movement in your game, Blizzard?
Is it a bug or another 'slient' patch??
Official word would be great.
I just don't understand why things nobody complains about are being removed
11/21/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Placid
11/21/2017 10:40 AMPosted by ZombieHunt

I disagree. It queues inputs for abilities. Why not jumps also?

If my Jetpack-Leap is on cooldown, and I hold down the 'Shift' key, waiting until something happens? My Jetpack-Leap will activate the instant my ability comes off cooldown. As far as I know, this is true for every hero, and every ability. Why not jumps too?
'Cuz you're not in an action's wind-up during the wait of said cooldown, and that's a mechanic for everyone.

While holding down your space bar to automatically queue up for a jump after a use of any channelled ability isn't.