Does Moira have a soul?

General Discussion
Shes very unethical, testing on humans and such (poor Gabe) I don’t think she has a soul.
Poor Gabe? He recruited her in first place by his will.
11/25/2017 04:27 AMPosted by Egg
testing on humans and such (poor Gabe)

Your wording is not correct. You make it sound like Gabriel Reyes is a minion of Moira, when in reality it's the opposite. Without Reyes, Moira would be a beggar in the streets. Reyes is the one who recruited her into Blackwatch and gave new purpose to her life.

Everyone has a soul. And everyone will lose their soul to the eternal and thirsty Reaper, when their doom comes. Leaving behind a hollowed husk drained of all life, the Reaper will increase in strength even more - as if his immortality isn't enough. In the end, Moira too will die, and Reyes will feast on her soul. He is the Reaper, and he is eternal. He is legion.
I thought this was a Ginger post for a second there.
Her methods are unethical, but she seems to have a strong passion for bettering mankind.

She doesn't seem soulless at all.
11/25/2017 04:38 AMPosted by Osprey
Her methods are unethical, but she seems to have a strong passion for bettering mankind.

She doesn't seem soulless at all.
good point
the same could be said about unit 731
11/25/2017 04:33 AMPosted by Reaper
testing on humans and such (poor Gabe)

Your wording is not correct. You make it sound like Gabriel Reyes is a minion of Moira, when in reality it's the opposite. Without Reyes, Moira would be a beggar in the streets. Reyes is the one who recruited her into Blackwatch and gave new purpose to her life.

Everyone has a soul. And everyone will lose their soul to the eternal and thirsty Reaper, when their doom comes. Leaving behind a hollowed husk drained of all life, the Reaper will increase in strength even more - as if his immortality isn't enough. In the end, Moira too will die, and Reyes will feast on her soul. He is the Reaper, and he is eternal. He is legion.

Do you ever get tired of roleplaying your namesake and making up headcanon lore? Because Blizzard (particularly Michael Chu) has utterly ruined some of your edgy stories... and any new first party lore developments end up causing you to rewrite your headcanon over and over.

Doing this must be exhausting,
11/25/2017 04:40 AMPosted by brokenstyli
11/25/2017 04:33 AMPosted by Reaper

Do you ever get tired of roleplaying your namesake and making up headcanon lore? Because Blizzard (particularly Michael Chu) has utterly ruined some of your edgy stories... and any new first party lore developments end up causing you to rewrite your headcanon over and over.

hes not harming anyone
How could you.

She's still a woman who wants love on the inside.
She's a scientist. She doesn't believe in fairy tales and "souls".
11/25/2017 04:45 AMPosted by Roomba
She's a scientist. She doesn't believe in fairy tales and "souls".

Edgy.
All evil scientists sell their souls. Ask TF2 Medic, which has all souls of his team and makes exchange with devil after his death to return back.

[/quote]

The worst problems in history come from self-appointed gods who think they know how to "better" humanity.
Shes very unethical, testing on humans and such (poor Gabe) I don’t think she has a soul.

The first question would be "In OW do souls exist?" - since OW is a science-fiction version of the real world, I get the impression that that is similarly an unanswered question, the realm of philosophers and religion

I don't subscribe to any world view that stipulates that bad behavior, "evil" behavior, or whatever comes from a relationship with a "devil" or otherwise from a lack of a soul - therefore to me, OP's question would be answered with:

"There is no evidence that in OW souls are a thing, nor that the presence or absence of such a "soul" influences behavior"

Edit: Crap, I responded to a thread made by Egg - I really need to look at who creates the post when I feel like responding to trollish stuff - nothing to see here folks, this user trolls constantly
11/25/2017 04:40 AMPosted by brokenstyli
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Except it's not headcanon? I'm not arguing with a person who lacks knowledge of basic Reaper's facts.
11/25/2017 04:36 AMPosted by Spanners
I thought this was a Ginger post for a second there.

I was gonna say, OP is correct, but for the wrong reason.

Except it's not headcanon? I'm not arguing with a person who lacks knowledge of basic Reaper's facts.

Source?
11/25/2017 05:56 AMPosted by Chaghatai

The first question would be "In OW do souls exist?" - since OW is a science-fiction version of the real world, I get the impression that that is similarly an unanswered question, the realm of philosophers and religion

I don't subscribe to any world view that stipulates that bad behavior, "evil" behavior, or whatever comes from a relationship with a "devil" or otherwise from a lack of a soul - therefore to me, OP's question would be answered with:

"There is no evidence that in OW souls are a thing, nor that the presence or absence of such a "soul" influences behavior"

Edit: Crap, I responded to a thread made by Egg - I really need to look at who creates the post when I feel like responding to trollish stuff - nothing to see here folks, this user trolls constantly

Easy Good Game
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Source?

'Survivors have described a black shadow ghosting unscathed through the most hellish battlefields. The few bodies recovered of those he kills are pale, empty husks drained of life, their cells showing signs of intense degradation.'

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/reaper/

Reaper -CAN- suck the life out of the very corpses of his enemies.

And i assure you, a mortal being does not survive the utter incineration of their body.