Why can you stun D.vas meka but not rip-tire?

General Discussion
Why can you stop d.vas ultimate that she has less control over and not junkrats where he has control?

edit: Just to clarify, you can stun D.vas meka to stop it in place after shes flung it out for her ultimate**, roadhog pull it off the map ect but you can't really do that with riptire
Junkrat's rip-tire can be frozen interestingly enough. It can also be hooked, but the tire is not stunned and can detonate at any point. It's completely immune to earthshatter, sleep dart, and flashbang.
Why can't Ana sleepdart the tire? If she can put to sleep the big dumb robots in this game, why can't she sleep the tire? Same idea with Widow's ultimate, why can I see the big dumb robots but not a tire?
12/05/2017 03:49 PMPosted by jaysen
Why can't Ana sleepdart the tire? If she can put to sleep the big dumb robots in this game, why can't she sleep the tire? Same idea with Widow's ultimate, why can I see the big dumb robots but not a tire?

If ana can land a sleep dart on it, she should be rewarded with an ult shutdown
I guess because all you can do to D.Va's mech is hook it off the map or shield against it whereas you can just shoot a rip tire.
12/05/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Buzzintate
Why can you stop d.vas ultimate that she has less control over and not junkrats where he has control?

i'm assuming the stun is on DVa herself inside her mech.

EDIT: also keep in mind that the stuns affect Bastion, Zen, and Orisa, soooo....
You can stun Dva's mech most likely because she is actually in the mech and controlling it so stunning it is actaully stunning her. Whereas the riptire is supposedly just sent off on in a direction and moves there with its own engine until it reaches its destination.
12/05/2017 04:33 PMPosted by Mirai
whereas you can just shoot a rip tire.

Believe me, just shooting the rip tire is harder than saying it.

Even as a McCree main I struggle if I don't have more than 2 seconds to shoot it.
because the tire isn't a human
12/05/2017 04:43 PMPosted by Maximuffin2
because the tire isn't a human

oh sorry I forgot that meka's are
because it's too dumb
As far as I know, you are able to stun (at least with flash bang) the mech on self-destruct, without D.Va piloting it, just as an information for everyone who brings the argument "it stuns D.Va, not the mech".

And "just shoot the tire" is a very weak argument, considering it is a super fast small object approaching from any possible angle, even over the top of a 15m house.
12/05/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Buzzintate

I’d honestly love that, so many times when I see his tire coming for me I shoot my sleep dart out of reflex and ofc nothing comes from it except my death. :-(

I didn’t even know dva’s mech could be stunned when it’s in its detonation phase? how does it work? does it just not explode?
12/05/2017 04:57 PMPosted by isshoman
12/05/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Buzzintate

I’d honestly love that, so many times when I see his tire coming for me I shoot my sleep dart out of reflex and ofc nothing comes from it except my death. :-(

I didn’t even know dva’s mech could be stunned when it’s in its detonation phase? how does it work? does it just not explode?

It explodes but it acts exactly like if dva is driving it meaning you can shut it down entirely through an enviromental "elim" like shutdown or stop it short entirely effectively shutting it down anyways. Still explodes tho, just loses all momentum.