Doomfist Buff?

General Discussion
Doomfist has seem to be pretty much forgotten and not many people play him. However, I love playing him, but a lot of people say he needs a buff. What do you guys think would help him be more viable?
fix his bugs and make the hitboxes bigger
What bugs exactly?
11/21/2017 12:42 PMPosted by TheRandomGuy
What bugs exactly?
He has a tendency to phase through characters when rocket punching.

Other things I've noticed: seismic slam doesn't always register, even when it should.

Haven't seen that too often though.
I think his ultimate also needs a buff
I play DF on this account and my main often, and he needs to have his left-click be a hitscan spread not a projectile to make it more accurate.

Possibly with the topic of his left-click, make it maybe where you can reload if you want to do a full reload, or let it auto fill. In addition to this maybe have it have 6 shots
Just make him less of a one trick pony with his rocket punch and buff his other two abilities everyone just uses for movement as they are right now.
11/21/2017 12:44 PMPosted by Rain
What bugs exactly?
He has a tendency to phase through characters when rocket punching.

Other things I've noticed: seismic slam doesn't always register, even when it should.

Haven't seen that too often though.

happens to me too often. reduce his headshot hitbox as well
11/21/2017 12:47 PMPosted by TheRandomGuy
I think his ultimate also needs a buff
^This his ultimate is often best used as an escape, you'd be lucky to get 2 kills or more without a Zarya and even then other ults compliment Zaryas better considering how slow Meteor Strike is.

I would also add that he needs his passive shielding and his primary fire buffed, maybe larger clip or faster auto reload for primary fire and no shield decay would help with his "sitting duck" moments and overall survivability.
seismic slam just needs to register better, maybe with a slight increase to the LMB reload speed... the hit box reduction for RMB was probably appropriate for a 1 hit kill, but other aspects needed to be improved along with that nerf
11/21/2017 12:49 PMPosted by NepNep
Just make him less of a one trick pony with his rocket punch and buff his other two abilities everyone just uses for movement as they are right now.
I wouldn't say he's a one trick pony with his Rocket Punch especially at his current state where his RP is so unreliable, you can setup Seismic Slam and Rising Uppercut without it to take out on person and using the punch for another who tries to finish you off after you get your first kill.
What bugs exactly?

There's actually a megathread that i keep seeint around with a huge list of bugs. Both here and on reddit
He just needs a big rework.
He's not really weak, but he's a little useless.
just revert to release doomfist. with a slighty less rp hitbox, that was the only thing that was too good at release
11/21/2017 12:32 PMPosted by TheRandomGuy
Doomfist has seem to be pretty much forgotten and not many people play him. However, I love playing him, but a lot of people say he needs a buff. What do you guys think would help him be more viable?

Apart from fixing the bugs, I would increase the amount of shields generated by The Best Defense.

Based on both what I've read and my experience playing him, a big problem he has is that he can't kill someone and get away before getting dying to the rest of the team. If he had more shields, he'd have more time. Since his abilities move him around the fastest, more time for them to finish cooling down would equal a better chance of escape.
Doomfist is the worst hero in the game. Because his abilities are so weak and his LMB he is unable to do his primary role, damage. Even with all his abilities at max potential the most he can do is something 500 dps, every 5-7 seconds, while literally every offense hero averages 200 dps per one second. That's not even going into his bugs and hitbox issues.

Slam then uppercut and a couple of primary fire shots does enough to kill most targets, just as good as a rocket punch but slightly worse
11/21/2017 01:09 PMPosted by TheRandomGuy

Slam then uppercut and a couple of primary fire shots does enough to kill most targets, just as good as a rocket punch but slightly worse

Unless they don't. Then he's a sitting duck and easily killed. That's 75% of all the things he can do every 7 seconds. To kill one person.
I've also encountered a bug with him where people will slide off of walls rather than slamming into them for the extra damage.
11/21/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Dizzle
I've also encountered a bug with him where people will slide off of walls rather than slamming into them for the extra damage.

Yeah that's a big one. Others include phasing right through the enemy. "Oh you just missed him". Except this is a FPS and see their face middle of my screen as a Punch through them and keep going for a miss.

It's a sad story but current state Doomfist may be the worst hero in the history of Overwatch.