Doomfist Buff?

General Discussion
11/21/2017 12:49 PMPosted by NepNep
Just make him less of a one trick pony with his rocket punch and buff his other two abilities everyone just uses for movement as they are right now.

ChipSa, a top 500 doomfist main, actually uses his rocket punch a lot more for mobility and the other two abilities to combo people. they seem pretty effective when done right
I feel kinda of offended that on the "Games" bit of the blizzard browser the "Relive blizzcon" thing has a doomfist pic on it but they have yet to do anything about him.
Yeah... Blizzard really seems to not care about Doomfist. Which is ironic when you consider he was easily the most anticipated character. Now he is easily the worst.
11/21/2017 12:32 PMPosted by TheRandomGuy
Doomfist has seem to be pretty much forgotten and not many people play him. However, I love playing him, but a lot of people say he needs a buff. What do you guys think would help him be more viable?

I play him all the time............. when Hanzo, Genji, Lucio, Pharrah, and McCree are taken.
11/21/2017 07:31 PMPosted by Vánagandr
Yeah... Blizzard really seems to not care about Doomfist. Which is ironic when you consider he was easily the most anticipated character. Now he is easily the worst.

It's cuz he's the only black guy in the game..... err... I mean, African black guy. They only made him for his one liners and his silly sprays that are all "Look at me I'm so strong," which used to be Zarya's shtick. Naturally... this is the ironic part. He ISN'T "so strong."
Play Doomfist as a backline anti flanker, not as a frontline DPS. As it is right now he cannot survive in the middle of a fight, but he is very fun to play as an anti flanker by protecting tanks and supports. Sort of like a glorified bodyguard.
I think it would be cool to make it do that if his ult hit you outside the epicentre (so in the larger targeting circle), you got knockbacked like you were punched, and could take wall damage if you hit a wall.
Would make it feel more like an actual impact.
Besides the fixing bugs. I'd make each hit gain more shields so getting the full 150 shields is actually feasible. Being able to Rocket Punch into the air to hit Genjis and Pharahs would also be really good.
I just hope a buff comes soon... I want to be able to play him in comp and NOT feel like a liability to my team
Doomfist buffs could be as follows:

-Rocket Punch HItbox is slightly larger on all sides by 10%.

-Seismic Slam's increasing damage speed increased by 25%, making it easier to successfully obtain the maximum amount of damage.

-Meteor Strike's Damage is buffed from 300 to 500 at the epicenter, making it a more rewarding Ultimate to pull off.
11/21/2017 09:15 PMPosted by Enigmated

-Meteor Strike's Damage is buffed from 300 to 500 at the epicenter, making it a more rewarding Ultimate to pull off.

But it may still be too slow to be efficient.

I think it would be more effective if they increase it's drop speed and widen it's AOE. Then to increase DF survivability, the ult would boop anyone that wasn't killed outside of the ult's radius.

Also, Rocket Punch should not go into a 4 second CD when cancelled. Player's shouldn't be punish for not using the skill. Maybe 1 second is fine but not 4 second like it was used, when it wasn't.
Backline flanker, support bodyguard, enemy support bounty hunter, and kill out of position dps's?
11/21/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Vánagandr
Doomfist is the worst hero in the game. Because his abilities are so weak and his LMB he is unable to do his primary role, damage. Even with all his abilities at max potential the most he can do is something 500 dps, every 5-7 seconds, while literally every offense hero averages 200 dps per one second. That's not even going into his bugs and hitbox issues.

This
Wishlist:
1. Decrease movement speed penalty when charging rocket punch.

2. Rising uppercut can be charged for more damage and (vertical) distance.

3. Currently, a fully charged rocket punch does 100 damage, with an additional 150 damage if the hero hits a wall. Swap this around so a charged punch does 150 and hitting a wall does +100. This will make Doomfist less reliant on inconsistent wall geometry.
They haven't forgotten about him, they just don't care about him
Playing him is like this you get behind the enemy team using all your abilities, hide around a corner waiting for them to recharge, then you go in, get a good kill, then the guy you killled's buddy comes in and attacks you and you can't kill him or escape because your abilities are recharging.
GREAT NEWS GUYS, ON ANOTHER THREAD A DEV RESPONDED AND SAID THEY WILL LOOK INTO DF AFTER HOLIDAYS! (The lead engineer :D)
Doomfist is a nice guy, he doesn't really wanna kill people, how can you be sure, we'll 50% he'll give people lucio's wall ride ability when he punches them so they can slide off the wall to safety instead of dying. Pretty sure this is actually a hidden message that they're planning to rework him in to a support character. Supportfist hype.
We need a post to think about that? Someone think he is good at the current state? Guys please...
Maybe make RP not have the cooldown fully start when you cancel it before use, that way you can fake people out and only have a few seconds before trying again. After all his abilities are used doomfist feels more vulnerable than any other hero.